kurious_kathy
Master Poster
- Joined
- Aug 9, 2005
- Messages
- 2,142
Kathy, sometimes I feel sorry for you because it seems that you can't think for yourself. But when you say things like this, I truly despise you. To just ascribe my suffering and my Dad's suffering as a spiritual battle is repugnant.
When I was a little girl, I used to pray to god to kill me in my sleep --he didn't respond. Why didn't a loving god take me pain away? Why didn't he take my suffering away? I attened church, I sang in the choir, I prayed for relatives that I didn't even know. I was just a little girl. I've struggled with this all my life. It wasn't until I got on the appropriate medication that I could think clearly.
Why didn't 't your loving god take my pain away (which modern medicine has relieved)? Why doesn't your god take your back pain away? Why doesn't he prevent earthquakes, , hurricanes that destroyed New Oleans, tidal waves which killed thousands of innocent people. Where is your god? Your god seems very inattentive. There is no god, this are no demons, there is no devil. Bad things happen, we can be compassionate by helping them to the best of our ability. People who say "I'll pray for you" are taking the easy way out. They don't do anything. What are you doing, besides coming here and bleathing your judgemental religion to us?
Go away, preach to someone else, because we find your version of Christianity repugnant. It's not loving, it's not accepting, and it not forgiving. Original sin is BS. No one should be held to blame for what our ancestors did. That is just BS. I pity you for thinking people are inherently evil, that the world is bad, and that you eagerly anticipate the end of the world and the suffering of so many people. Your religion and your view on mental illness is not just ignorant, it's repugnant. I'm not beset by demons, I'm not with struggle with Satan. My brain chemistry is messed up, and my upbringing reinforced it. I don't know it, but I guess that you're upbringing lead you to your acceptance of the unthinking type of religion.
I encourage you to join the real world and accept that world is billions of years old and amazingly wonderful. Look at life, look at animals, look at trees, they all beautifully adapted to their environment. It's amazing and it doesn't require god.
SC, I understand all the why's I still ask plenty myself. But unless you can accept that we are born into a fallen world then you cannot ever get to a place of knowing. I do believe everyhting everyone suffers in this world is because of sin, and not necessarily your own because other people who sin agianst us can and does have an affect on others. As far as I can understand at this point it seems like God is just letting free will and sin run it's course? I believe also that God is hoping many will repent and be saved as this is said in scripture to be the perfect will of God that none shall persih.
Do you honestly think God is there just wanting everyone to suffer?