• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Nightline Debate: Does Satan Exist?

Note to everyone in the USA: 1st amendment rights allow bat **** crazy people to have their bat **** crazy religous beliefs. It also allows you to say their bat **** crazy beliefs are bat **** crazy! Don't be afraid to point out the obvious!
Nice balance, as I see it.

It's a beautiful thing, that First Amendment. Try implementing it in your country.

DR
 
I have problems with access to youtube.

Were there any interesting points raised?

Well I believe what Mark Driscol has to say and know it to be the absolute truth and what everyone needs to acknowledge and agree with.

As for the others I burned my Depak Chopra books when Jesus saved me. I use to be open to his way of thinking of spirituality but no longer, thanks be to God.

As for the others interviewed, my youtube errored so I will try to watch more later and comment then.
 
Well I believe what Mark Driscol has to say and know it to be the absolute truth and what everyone needs to acknowledge and agree with.
Truth isn't based on what a single person, or even a group of people believe. It is based on solid, objective, verifiable evidence. If you get to call your beliefs "truth" then every other religion has the same right to call their non-Christian beliefs "truth".

As for the others I burned my Depak Chopra books when Jesus saved me. I use to be open to his way of thinking of spirituality but no longer, thanks be to God.
It doesn't sound to me like you were ever very open-minded, but it appears that the tiny little window to any new thought in your brain is closing tightly and being nailed shut. And you consider this good. I pity you.
 
Well I believe what Mark Driscol has to say and know it to be the absolute truth and what everyone needs to acknowledge and agree with.

As for the others I burned my Depak Chopra books when Jesus saved me. I use to be open to his way of thinking of spirituality but no longer, thanks be to God.

As for the others interviewed, my youtube errored so I will try to watch more later and comment then.

Okay Okay, I'm convinced. No more please.
 
Truth isn't based on what a single person, or even a group of people believe. It is based on solid, objective, verifiable evidence. If you get to call your beliefs "truth" then every other religion has the same right to call their non-Christian beliefs "truth".


It doesn't sound to me like you were ever very open-minded, but it appears that the tiny little window to any new thought in your brain is closing tightly and being nailed shut. And you consider this good. I pity you.
Pity me for what? Knowing it's all the truth without a doubt in my mind?? Jesus is the only way to know God and most all the other stuff I use to believe he changed as now I have the turht of Gods word in me. If I believe Gods word then it really doesn't matter what the world thinks of me because I know him through his word.
 
Pity me for what? Knowing it's all the truth without a doubt in my mind?? Jesus is the only way to know God and most all the other stuff I use to believe he changed as now I have the turht of Gods word in me. If I believe Gods word then it really doesn't matter what the world thinks of me because I know him through his word.

I said please.
ps what's a turht?
 
Pity me for what? Knowing it's all the truth without a doubt in my mind?? Jesus is the only way to know God and most all the other stuff I use to believe he changed as now I have the turht of Gods word in me. If I believe Gods word then it really doesn't matter what the world thinks of me because I know him through his word.
Well, I don't pity you. If it makes you happy, I just feel disgust and the mindlessless of your nonsense.
 
Pity me for what? Knowing it's all the truth without a doubt in my mind??

Normally this would be a strawman, but yes, that's actually exactly what we pity you for. That you "know" it's all "The Truth" without the possibility of doubt in your mind.

It's sad.
 
When Following the Preacher explaining why god is good

Depak-"It is a bit difficult to respond because everything he says is in direct contradiction to what we know about the physical universe that began about 13 billion years ago...."

For once Depak is right...


Stopped clock and all that I suppose.
 
As for the others I burned my Depak Chopra books when Jesus saved me. I use to be open to his way of thinking of spirituality but no longer, thanks be to God.

Yes, becuase Burning books is a clear sign of rational thought.
 
Nice balance, as I see it.

It's a beautiful thing, that First Amendment. Try implementing it in your country.

DR

Well they wrote it down in the Bill of Rights! You dont' expect anyone to actually put it into practice, do you! That would be madness! Madness I tell you! :eye-poppi
 
I think that KK should have thread that are dedicated just to her. This way every thread would not turn to a discussion with KK.
 
Pity me for what? Knowing it's all the truth without a doubt in my mind??
Yes. Exactly. If you don't have a doubt in your mind, it means that your mind isn't working. You are incapable of considering something different. And yes, I find that pitiable. But I wish the best for you (it's the atheist equivalent of a prayer) and truly hope that you will some day recover.

If I believe Gods word then it really doesn't matter what the world thinks of me because I know him through his word.
Your truly think that nobody's opinion matters but your own? Do you really think so little of humanity that you consider yourself to be the apex of intelligence? Well, I hope you recover from this too.
 
Last edited:
As for the others I burned my Depak Chopra books when Jesus saved me. I use to be open to his way of thinking of spirituality but no longer, thanks be to God.

You burned the books!? What's wrong with you? Couldn't you have just donated them to a library or nursing home or something? KK is a book burner, just one more reason to dislike her.
 
Last edited:
This is quite possibly the worst "debate" I've ever seen. I can't believe this is serious.

Their panel is an ex-hooker, a complete idiot, Deepak Chopra and an Ex-Minister both of whom are dressed like a Middle-Eastern pimps and wearing sunglasses indoors.

Chopra is actually the closest thing to the voice of reason. There is no scientific, atheist, or rationalist perspective offered.


Thanks for the link, EGarrett. I found the program most informative.

As usual, I looked at it from the point of view of the "woo economy." I think the two speakers on the right of the moderator were at least not denying what science has taught us, while the two on the left of the moderator appeared to be out and out fundamentalists, just like our very own KK.

Chopra and the ex-exorcist appear to be hedging their bets -- they won't come right out and say there's no evidence for gods, but want to stay relevant to believers (coz that's where the money is) and nonbelievers (coz that way lies credibility).

Most interesting. Maybe there's hope for the U.S. yet.


M.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom