What does Pompeo think? (Or,
does Pompeo think?)
“I can tell you that there is a significant amount of evidence that this came from that laboratory in Wuhan,” Pompeo said, when asked about Trump’s claim this week to have seen intelligence confirming the theory that Covid-19 was man-made and did not originate in bats and find its way to humans via a “wet market”, as is generally accepted.
"Pompeo added: “The best experts so far seem to think it was man-made. I have no reason to disbelieve that at this point.”
Then the exchange with This Week host Martha Raddatz got confusing, as to what Pompeo does or does not think. This is from ABC’s transcript:
RADDATZ: Your Office of the [Director of National Intelligence] says the consensus, the scientific consensus [is that the virus] was not man-made or genetically modified.
POMPEO: That’s right. I agree with that. Yeah. I’ve seen their analysis. I’ve seen the summary that you saw that was released publicly. I have no reason to doubt that that is accurate..."