• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The all-new "US Politics and coronavirus" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'd classify them as terrorists. The obvious result of carrying these guns is causing people to fear that they'll be used to shoot someone. Doing so in order to advance a political cause is terrorism. If Michigan's laws allow this, then those laws require change.
Of course, if you bring guns to a protest, the implication is that someone had better do a deal or you'll use them. Otherwise there would be no point in bringing a gun. A "good people" move. I don't suppose he'll be able to, but I wish the governor of Michigan would tell them straight out that he won't negotiate under the threat of arms.
 
Of course, if you bring guns to a protest, the implication is that someone had better do a deal or you'll use them. Otherwise there would be no point in bringing a gun. A "good people" move. I don't suppose he'll she'll be able to, but I wish the governor of Michigan would tell them straight out that he she won't negotiate under the threat of arms.

FTFY
 
I think it was Chris Hayes who said something like, you don't bring automatic weapons to a "discussion"
 
Of course, if you bring guns to a protest, the implication is that someone had better do a deal or you'll use them. Otherwise there would be no point in bringing a gun. A "good people" move. I don't suppose he'll be able to, but I wish the governor of Michigan would tell them straight out that he won't negotiate under the threat of arms.

The governor of Michigan is a "she": Gretchen Whitmer.
https://www.politico.com/news/magaz...igan-profile-2020-coronavirus-biden-vp-177791

To say she won't negotiate with them would give them more status than they deserve. They have no standing to negotiate about anything. She told them if they won't stay home they need to wear masks.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-michigan-idUSKBN2222YF
 
The rest of the world needs to catch on that guns are the essential ingredient their democracies are missing. Not only the rest of the world though but political groups in America beside white Christians. Young Marxists should be hitting the streets with Kalashnikovs while rallying against the rigged economy. People are gonna take your request for social distancing seriously.
 
Last edited:
Is it legal to have a gun on government property in Michigan?

ETA: Maybe the guys that actually went inside the capitol building didn't have guns. I don't know.

Just sit and think for a second how this would have gone down if they'd been a bunch of black blokes wearing BLM face masks.
 
As I recall, all visitors to the building have to go through metal detectors. Except for those openly carrying guns - they go around the metal detectors. :boggled:

(I am not making that up.)

God Bless America, and especially my adopted home state of Michigan.


I would like to think that being in the presence of a significant number of crazy people with some really big guns might give some of the GOP legislators pause on the gun control issue, but I doubt it. My observation is that any display of anything gun related just fires up the gun folks that much more.

If one of the demonstrators had actually fired their weapon while inside the capital building, that would probably do it, but as it is, they were proving that they were responsible gun owners.
 
Lying as usual. Unless his 'evidence' was some crap on Fox News.

From the link, this is so similar to what he said about his people in HI investigating Obama's birth and he Trump couldn't believe what they were finding.

There are dozens of scientific and intelligence reports there's no such evidence.

This one is from back in March when a number of these reports came out: Livescience: The coronavirus was not engineered in a lab. Here's how we know.

And from yesterday, guess someone doesn't want to upset Trump: AP News: US intel agencies: COVID-19 virus not man-made or altered, but still studying if outbreak began in China lab accident (No story at the link.)
China’s state propaganda agency has released an animated short ridiculing the US response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
 
It is legal to have a gun in a Michigan state building so long as it is 'open carry,' and not concealed.





The problem is, what explanation can the protesters give for bringing rifles with them? For dressing in military gear? Carrying placards with things like, "The government is trying to enslave us" and "Tyrants get the rope." Chanting "Lock her up." The worst part of all is, the president not only chose to praise them but to encourage them. That is shameful. Disgraceful. trump -- as a protest I will no longer capitalize his name -- is degrading this nation every day he remains in office. It's going to be a long recovery. :(
How is intentionally intimidating people with weapons lawful intent?
 
I would like to think that being in the presence of a significant number of crazy people with some really big guns might give some of the GOP legislators pause on the gun control issue, but I doubt it. My observation is that any display of anything gun related just fires up the gun folks that much more.
Now if they had been black, and Obama encouraged them, while still president...
 
Is it legal to have a gun on government property in Michigan?

ETA: Maybe the guys that actually went inside the capitol building didn't have guns. I don't know.

There is a picture of them lining the viewing gallery in the chamber taken by a senator.
 
Disturbing and bizarre that it could be tolerated.

The Second Amendment. One of the most unfortunately and ambiguously phrased statements in human history. A case of less NOT being more. The brevity, and almost arcane phraseology, that has lead to many tens of thousands of needless deaths.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom