• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

What will happen at the Democratic Convention?

What will happen at the Democratic Convention?

  • Hillary Clinton will be the nominee.

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Bernie Sanders will be the nominee.

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Vermin Supreme will be the nominee.

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Someone else will be the nominee.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Planet X will unleash their secret weapon - a 35 year old clone of Justin Trudeau who was born in Wa

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    27
  • Poll closed .
Well, maybe because he never had a fair shot to begin with?

Time will tell.

What's a "fair shot"? Seriously. What would be fair? Keep in mind that before this election Bernie wasn't even a Democrat. Contrast that with Hillary who has been one for 40 years. Politics is about building a network of alliances and supporters and whereas Hillary started with tremendous support of allies inside the party and among donors. Bernie had few.

Is that fair or the result of the time and effort? Bernie ran one hell of a campaign, but he started way behind and he couldn't quite catch up. Give them both the credit they deserve.
 
What's a "fair shot"? Seriously. What would be fair? Keep in mind that before this election Bernie wasn't even a Democrat. Contrast that with Hillary who has been one for 40 years. Politics is about building a network of alliances and supporters and whereas Hillary started with tremendous support of allies inside the party and among donors. Bernie had few.

Is that fair or the result of the time and effort? Bernie ran one hell of a campaign, but he started way behind and he couldn't quite catch up. Give them both the credit they deserve.

None of which matters if the DNC had Clinton in mind from the get go. Like I said, time will tell.

And a tip of the hat to Sanders though. He did the best thing he could do tonight - he knocked it out of the park. Great showing by a class act.
 
None of which matters if the DNC had Clinton in mind from the get go. Like I said, time will tell.

And a tip of the hat to Sanders though. He did the best thing he could do tonight - he knocked it out of the park. Great showing by a class act.

Why? I really can't figure out why it matters who the DNC chair wanted. I mean the RNC chair definitely wanted anyone but Trump and that didn't stop Trump.

I think people are ascribing powers to the DNC that just don't exist. They can prefer one candidate all they want and I don't think it would matter much in terms of who actually gets nominated.
 
None of which matters if the DNC had Clinton in mind from the get go. Like I said, time will tell.
And a tip of the hat to Sanders though. He did the best thing he could do tonight - he knocked it out of the park. Great showing by a class act.

I disagree strongly. What do you think the DNC does? It doesn't rig elections. What it does is work to put the strongest "Democrat" in position to win. That there was a belief that was Hillary Clinton as opposed to an avowed Socialist offered the best chance to win come November shouldn't come as a shock. There was never a secret that the DNC was supporting Hillary's candidacy. Hell, DWS owes everything to the Clintons.

I can see how that might make some people upset. I've worked on many elections and know what it's like to become really vested and lose. It ALWAYS feels unfair.
 
Bernie says the country is way better off because of Obama. Do you think he is a liar? Aren't you supposed to be pretending be his supporter?

You missed the point AGAIN genius! I was agreeing with you. I loved the last eight years! I drove the Obama bus. I was at Springfield for a reason!
 
Last edited:
By the way my decade long crush on Sara Silverman is now renewed. She definitely needed to say that to put the BernieOrBust idiots in their place.

And did it in a nice way, basically, "We got a lot of what we wanted, but to see it through and to see it implemented, we must vote Hillary!"
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom