d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing
You think Democrats did something wrong on this issue?You think heavy pandering antivaxxers won't affect policy?
You think Democrats did something wrong on this issue?You think heavy pandering antivaxxers won't affect policy?
The big problem I see is the idea that our lives are in the hands of government officials. If this is an incorrect assessment, it needs to be corrected. If it is correct, then we need to fundamentally change the situation so that our lives are NOT in the hands of government officials, be they "quacks" or not.I am very much paying attention to what he does. Are you? Trump put an anti-vaxxer in charge of public health. And he's not done putting all of our lives in the hands of quacks. What plane of existence are you on to not see this as a really big problem?
You shouyld go back and read what I was repsonding toYou think Democrats did something wrong on this issue?
...and into the hands of our betters among the noblesThe big problem I see is the idea that our lives are in the hands of government officials. If this is an incorrect assessment, it needs to be corrected. If it is correct, then we need to fundamentally change the situation so that our lives are NOT in the hands of government officials, be they "quacks" or not.
What plane of existence are you on to see it as relevant to what Democrats could have done better from 2020-2024?
We can hopefully all agree that Democrats are the party of science on the issue of vaccine acceptance/denialism.
You think Democrats did something wrong on this issue?
The big problem I see is the idea that our lives are in the hands of government officials. If this is an incorrect assessment, it needs to be corrected. If it is correct, then we need to fundamentally change the situation so that our lives are NOT in the hands of government officials, be they "quacks" or not.
Our lives should be in our own hands. Being in the hands of government bureaucrats isn't any better than in the hands of oligarchs....and into the hands of our betters among the nobles
That's basically how the system already works.I see. So what's the plan then? We all just vaccinate ourselves as we see fit and hope for the best?
Does it follow then that herd immunity is for losers, and the weak getting killed off just a validation of natural selection?Our lives should be in our own hands. Being in the hands of government bureaucrats isn't any better than in the hands of oligarchs.
That's basically how the system already works.
Even if I accepted this premise, couldn't we talk about that in the "What did Republicans do right" thread? Democrats didn't get anything significantly wrong on vaccines (either messaging or governing) so that isn't something we need to address here.As I've said before, we can't have an honest discussion about what the failure of Democrat messaging was until we have an honest assessment of why Republican messaging was successful.
You seem to be confused about how vaccines get distributed. Are you under the impression that the government goes around vaccinating people? Because it doesn't.Does it follow then that herd immunity is for losers, and the weak getting killed off just a validation of natural selection?
Good point. I think I'll drop this discussion in this thread.Even if I accepted this premise, couldn't we talk about that in the "What did Republicans do right" thread? Democrats didn't get anything significantly wrong on vaccines (either messaging or governing) so that isn't something we need to address here.
I have no confusion about the FDA regulating drugs in general, from their efficacy to distrobutuon, or the requirement to have children vaccinated when attending public schools, no.You seem to be confused about how vaccines get distributed. Are you under the impression that the government goes around vaccinating people? Because it doesn't.
Smallpox and polio are such a small price to pay for our preciousThe big problem I see is the idea that our lives are in the hands of government officials. If this is an incorrect assessment, it needs to be corrected. If it is correct, then we need to fundamentally change the situation so that our lives are NOT in the hands of government officials, be they "quacks" or not.
The COVID tests and later vaccines came about because of a large government push using Pfizer, Moderna and other drug companies to create the tests and vaccines that helped prevent people from catching and dying of COVID. The true question is that of competency: do we wish to let the next round of vaccines when a pandemic inevitably happens be rigorously tested and instituted by competent government officials and companies, or do we want surviving the next pandemic to be left up to chance?The big problem I see is the idea that our lives are in the hands of government officials. If this is an incorrect assessment, it needs to be corrected. If it is correct, then we need to fundamentally change the situation so that our lives are NOT in the hands of government officials, be they "quacks" or not.
You seem to think I want no government involvement at all. That's not my position. My position is that I don't want my survival to depend upon the government. I want to be able to survive whether or not the government is functioning well. If the government works well and helps, that's a bonus, but first and foremost I want to be able to take my own steps in order to ensure my survival.The COVID tests and later vaccines came about because of a large government push using Pfizer, Moderna and other drug companies to create the tests and vaccines that helped prevent people from catching and dying of COVID. The true question is that of competency: do we wish to let the next round of vaccines when a pandemic inevitably happens be rigorously tested and instituted by competent government officials and companies, or do we want surviving the next pandemic to be left up to chance?
I remember some commie scumbag saying something like "a government of the people, for the people, by the people" and figured thats a good idea.Our lives should be in our own hands. Being in the hands of government bureaucrats isn't any better than in the hands of oligarchs.
Our lives should be in our own hands. Being in the hands of government bureaucrats isn't any better than in the hands of oligarchs.
That's basically how the system already works.
Even if I accepted this premise, couldn't we talk about that in the "What did Republicans do right" thread? Democrats didn't get anything significantly wrong on vaccines (either messaging or governing) so that isn't something we need to address here.
What did the Democrats do wrong to make that happen?It is considering that 76 million people went for the anti-vax candidate.
Obviously, nothing, they did nothing wrong, ever.What did the Democrats do wrong to make that happen?