• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
I'm sorry but you don't understand a thing about what constitutes verifiable biological evidence. Those that attempt to fool you clearly understand that, and the fact that the gullible are willing to pay to be fooled.

Slides of alleged footie footprints offered with zero provenance and no verifiable chain of custody and no justifiable link to any biological entity are as laughable as any campfire story and in fact are just that, stories. As are everything bigfoot.

ETA: "These are footie-foo-foo footprints because I say so and I'm the awesome Cliff Barackman and I'm on TV and ****" doesn't mean ****. Just so you know.

I know this was a reply to NL, but I wanted to jump in here and agree with you. Isn't that odd? Anyway, "experts" can be mistaken so everyone should learn to use their own judgement on tracks and casts. Casting tracks is basically a waste of time and material anyway. Doesn't prove anything. As I recall, Cliff was a bit mistaken on some tracks not long ago. Some of the other "experts" have also made some bad calls likely due to rose coloring eye wear. Nobody's perfect though. Chris B.
 
I agree that it certainly seems improbable.



The comment was probably due to frustration more than anything else. I don't think I would have lasted that long without a confirmed sighting under my belt.



I agree the pic captured from the video is not much to go on, the video is somewhat more revealing than the frame capture. Especially when we watch the back of the big black thing and the lower left frame of the black things. But, it's not definitive evidence. I'm of the opinion there may be some useful info in the video, so I've left it up.



The snub nosed monkey is a new primate which is actually a wow moment. It may be common to discover a new insect in the rain forest or a new lizard somewhere or other, but mammals and primates are of particular note. When a new primate is discovered, again, my main thought and likely the general opinion among scientists is wow.

Exactly how much effort has been put into searching for Bigfoot is debatable. I don't think anyone has received any major funding from any accredited source to study or find Bigfoot. I think the majority of researchers are simply self financed.

I realize everyone here would like the answer to the question. That much we have in common. For me, I'm beyond the "does it exist?" argument and now concentrate on finding and gathering info. Everyone must follow their own course.



I don't think that's what Greene said or meant. I think it was more like a true skeptic doesn't follow the crowd and makes up their own mind.



I don't think it a straw man to point out an illogical opinion. Just because a new great ape has not been documented with a type specimen yet is not cause to conclude none ever will be. Better?



Nope, never accused anyone of being closed minded because they didn't see a monster in a random pile of brush. I merely asked the question: if it's not Bigfoot, what is it? Oh, BTW, the blinking gif of the brush pile hasn't been discussed.



Well, exactly what they are is unknown, so instead of an entirely new something, we may just find it to be an already known something that we mistakenly thought extinct, much like the error of the ceolacanth.



You seem to be concentrating on the crop of the possible male taken from the full image of the female. You know the one also on the same page with the "now you see her now you don't" comparison pics. Seems to me if you really wanted to discuss one of my pics, the blobby possible male crop is the smaller unintended subject of that pic, the female (I see) would be the better subject of that one wouldn't it? Is she also shadows or leaves or jst some blur artifact? Chris B.


How in the world can you distinguish male or female from any of this garbage? Please do explain.
 
Chris, would you mind explaining the logic train you employed to twist my comments into "there are no new species left to discover". I can't tell if you're intentionally obfuscating or just willfully ignorant of the species discoveries cryptozoologist trot out as somehow relevant to Bigfoot.
 
Now River, you're not interested in anything other than releasing your frustrations on me. Please find another vent subject.

You don't see anything in anything on my website. I get it. At least it was free.
Chris B.


Great reply! That totally explains how you can distinguish between male and female with your bare eyes when a camera cannot see anything but branches and dark spots.

Was the question unfair or unclear? You seem to be referring to these things you've made claims of as male or female. I'm asking how you know the difference, how can you distinguish those things at the range you claim to spot them?

How come the camera cannot see/show these differences? You have been claiming to see bigfoots in photographs and in a certain area, and you've done nothing to back any of those claims. In fact it seems all you'd like to do is thumb your nose at "skeptics" and try to act dumb or attacked when we ask for proof of your claims/assertions.
 
You seem to be concentrating on the crop of the possible male taken from the full image of the female. You know the one also on the same page with the "now you see her now you don't" comparison pics. Seems to me if you really wanted to discuss one of my pics, the blobby possible male crop is the smaller unintended subject of that pic, the female (I see) would be the better subject of that one wouldn't it? Is she also shadows or leaves or jst some blur artifact? Chris B.

So you can see the female better then? And she's 120 feet from the camera?

That makes even less sense...

You are saying I should have tried to make my point with a subject that was much farther away?

If the "male" were your brother, and the "female" were your sister, you would not be able to recognize them as human, let alone relatives, in any of your images. Yet they are not far away.

But you are sure they are male and female sasquatch?

What sort of foolishness is this?
 
Sorry Chris, I can't see anything. As Drew mentioned, possibly stump... or something. Can't see enough in your pics and videos to even say "stump". I am intrigued by the "infrasound" you mentioned. It's a start.

I swear, I'm a gonna start my own website if this sort of thing keeps up. "Mayhem in the Woods: The Bloody Fangs Of Bigfoot", or something. It'll be the one stop shop for action, action, action. There'll be mugs and tee's with a severed human limb logo. Good photos too. "Bigfoot caught on camera whilst feasting on human corpse." Of course it'll be all crap. But, awesome crap. Not the yawn inducing stuff that gets passed off as "Bigfoot research". I miss the old days of wild man rampages, kidnappings and "Bigfoot needs women". When did Bigfoot go soft? Was it Patterson? I'm not gonna diss the Area X guys, though. Any Bigfoot group that employs giant slingshots is ok in my book.
 
Last edited:
Sorry Chris, I can't see anything. As Drew mentioned, possibly stump... or something. Can't see enough in your pics and videos to even say "stump". I am intrigued by the "infrasound" you mentioned. It's a start.

I swear, I'm a gonna start my own website if this sort of thing keeps up. "Mayhem in the Woods: The Bloody Fangs Of Bigfoot", or something. It'll be the one stop shop for action, action, action. There'll be mugs and tee's with a severed human limb logo. Good photos too. "Bigfoot caught on camera whilst feasting on human corpse." Of course it'll be all crap. But, awesome crap. Not the yawn inducing stuff that gets passed off as "Bigfoot research". I miss the old days of wild man rampages, kidnappings and "Bigfoot needs women". When did Bigfoot go soft? Was it Patterson? I'm not gonna diss the Area X guys, though. Any Bigfoot group that employs giant slingshots is ok in my book.

It would soon be the top footer site on the web.

Did you hear about the Colorado town that was taken over by Bigfoot, they had to bring in the Army then sanitize all the personnel involved with extreme executive privilege. Teh fact that there was no news proves this story.
 
So you can see the female better then? And she's 120 feet from the camera?

That makes even less sense...

You are saying I should have tried to make my point with a subject that was much farther away?

If the "male" were your brother, and the "female" were your sister, you would not be able to recognize them as human, let alone relatives, in any of your images. Yet they are not far away.

But you are sure they are male and female sasquatch?

What sort of foolishness is this?

http://www.bfrpky.com/newcrop42.jpg

http://www.bfrpky.com/newcrop50.jpg

I forgot to link the two pics. The first has something in it, the second is the comparison pic. It was taken the next day and something is missing.
Chris B.
 
So you have no ability to place discoveries in context, is that what you're claiming Chris?

Do you understand that these species were all discovered by accident and subsequently described by Western scientists?

western lowland gorilla - skull presented to missionary
mountain gorilla - animals encountered and collected on first survey of the Virungas
saola - skulls brought to scientists on first survey of VuQuang
Myanmar/Burmese snub-nosed monkey - hunters brought skull to scientists in the area to do gibbon surveys

okapi - not found by accident but confirmed with physical specimen on first attempt to locate one



Here's how these discoveries work:

1) White guy goes someplace where few (or no) white guys have ever been.
2-a) White guy shoots something that no white guys have ever seen before, OR
2-b) locals provide white guy with a piece of something they know about but think the white guy might be interested in.

Would you characterize these examples as 1) exactly like bigfoot in south-central Kentucky, 2) kinda like bigfoot in south-central Kentucky, or 3) nothing like bigfoot in south-central Kentucky?

I'm a pretty firm #3, in case you're wondering.
 
http://www.bfrpky.com/newcrop42.jpg

http://www.bfrpky.com/newcrop50.jpg

I forgot to link the two pics. The first has something in it, the second is the comparison pic. It was taken the next day and something is missing.
Chris B.

I looked at the pictures. What do you think is missing? Both show a dark spot, which is slightly different, perhaps because of slight angle differences, different wind, different JPG artifacting, or something or a combination of factors. I really don't see anything missing that could be identified as anything. If you think the dark spot in the first is a bigfoot, what is in the second? Half a bigfoot?
 
I'm skeptical,
I'm skeptical that you're skeptical. Let's see who's right.

I don't remember claiming the pic was any sort of viable evidence.
Really? Who wrote the following words?

Published on Jun 3, 2011
This is the video from March 30th 2010. It's blurry and not of much quality. You'll be able to see as I zoom back out, we were quite a distance from the subjects filmed and my little Jazz pocket camcorder was at it's limit. Researchers present were Scott Smith, his son Tommy, and Chris Bennett (myself) What are the animals shown in the video? This is the question. Upon several reviews It looks to me as if it's of a family group of primates living in the backwoods of Kentucky. The video seems to indicate to me, primates doing primate type things. You decide for yourself what is shown. If anyone learns anything from the footage great. If you feel it was a waste of time, well at least it didn't cost anything to look at it. Chris B.​

I guess that you have a problem with the definition of "viable?" Or perhaps your memory is faulty.

I don't think I would have lasted that long without a confirmed sighting under my belt.
You don't have "a confirmed sighting" under your belt. But you know that.


I agree the pic captured from the video is not much to go on, the video is somewhat more revealing than the frame capture. Especially when we watch the back of the big black thing and the lower left frame of the black things. But, it's not definitive evidence. I'm of the opinion there may be some useful info in the video, so I've left it up.
This is untrue. You claimed to see a "family group" of primates doing "primate type things."


Nope, never accused anyone of being closed minded because they didn't see a monster in a random pile of brush. I merely asked the question: if it's not Bigfoot, what is it?

More dishonesty. You claimed to see a "family group" of primates doing "primate type things." When others disagreed with your imagination or storytelling, here's how you responded. Let's see if you "merely asked the question," or if you defended your opinion about primates:

ChrisBFRPKY said:
I can tell you what it isn't. It's not a bigfoot.

ETA.

These were entertaining, thank you for sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjFe4thujok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCJ4_abPKNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkns_6wXyvw

It explains a lot...

How do you know it's not a Bigfoot? By investigation of the clip or just denial?





ChrisBFRPKY said:
People wearing plastic bags
misdirecting attention
some kind of fashion
shattered, shattered

ETA: After watching the video . . . I don't know what to say other than this has to be a put on.

Not very reasonable guesses.


ChrisBFRPKY said:
This is a correct answer to "what is that black blobby thing?"

Not much investigation of the clip.


ChrisBFRPKY said:
Without a clearer picture? My best guess is a bear, plenty enough of those here in Kentucky.

In the Eastern part of KY there are bears. The video was taken from South Central KY were no bears tend to reside.



ChrisBFRPKY said:
I just watched the video. I see nothing that indicates any conclusion other than 'stump'

The stump is getting a back rub.


ChrisBFRPKY said:
Well, if a 12-ft pile of dirt in the middle of a road can become a footie, I guess a stump can too.

Another stump opinion. Final thought?

ChrisBFRPKY said:
I know for a fact, that there are instances of videos with a stationary object, that the Footers will say that the creature is moving. Swaying back and forth if you will. However. The Footers do not take into account that the motion of the branches and trees in front of the stationary object are moving in the wind, creating the illusion that the stationary object is in fact, moving.

I clearly debunked one of the MABRC Bigfoots with this solution.

Please debunk this one. Pay particular attention to the back of the large "Stump" that looks like an ape.

ChrisBFRPKY said:
Its been almost 50 years since PGF and you have a perfect chance to confirm for world that footie exists...and you find a reason to leave. I'll try to be respectful, but the best case is that it is a bear (or bears) and IMO you know that.

A bear getting a back rub from the other bears behind him?


ChrisBFRPKY said:
Concur, though I'd broaden my conclusion to "rock", "branches", etc. Anyone who thinks there is movement demonstrated in that video is having pipe dreams, as my mom used to say. I see no reason to suspect that there is a live animal or animals depicted by that blob.

Another claim of "it's not moving" but it is.

ChrisBFRPKY said:
Here's an answer:

It's a collection of shadows, foliage, and forest detritus that looks amazing like the profile of a hunching ape-like creature staring ahead motionlessly.

Why should the game be played any differently than it is with clouds?

The hunching ape like creatures is moving though. And so is the hairy arm behind him.



ChrisBFRPKY said:

Some of the behaviors shown: The creatures demonstrate touching the back of the large one, either meant as grooming or a perhaps a calming action. Another finding is that since the creatures are grouped together during what I assume is a resting period, this would seem to suggest they actually live in family groups such as other great apes and are not "loners" as has been suggested.

So, did you "merely" ask a question, or did you spend a lot of effort defending your bigfoot hypothesis? The latter. You're welcome for the correction.

LTC8K6 said:
What sort of foolishness is this?
The 120 foot foolishness is exactly like the 51 foot foolishness.
 
[snip]

Here's how these discoveries work:

1) White guy goes someplace where few (or no) white guys have ever been.
2-a) White guy shoots something that no white guys have ever seen before, OR
2-b) locals provide white guy with a piece of something they know about but think the white guy might be interested in.

Would you characterize these examples as 1) exactly like bigfoot in south-central Kentucky, 2) kinda like bigfoot in south-central Kentucky, or 3) nothing like bigfoot in south-central Kentucky?

I'm a pretty firm #3, in case you're wondering.

Why must the person be a white male?
 
Last edited:
So you have no ability to place discoveries in context, is that what you're claiming Chris?

Do you understand that these species were all discovered by accident and subsequently described by Western scientists?

western lowland gorilla - skull presented to missionary
mountain gorilla - animals encountered and collected on first survey of the Virungas
saola - skulls brought to scientists on first survey of VuQuang
Myanmar/Burmese snub-nosed monkey - hunters brought skull to scientists in the area to do gibbon surveys

okapi - not found by accident but confirmed with physical specimen on first attempt to locate one



Here's how these discoveries work:

1) White guy goes someplace where few (or no) white guys have ever been.
2-a) White guy shoots something that no white guys have ever seen before, OR
2-b) locals provide white guy with a piece of something they know about but think the white guy might be interested in.

Would you characterize these examples as 1) exactly like bigfoot in south-central Kentucky, 2) kinda like bigfoot in south-central Kentucky, or 3) nothing like bigfoot in south-central Kentucky?

I'm a pretty firm #3, in case you're wondering.

I'm not certain I can agree with your take on things. You're leaving out several other factors. A few of which would be locals seeking answers to what they've seen. Local legends based on the unknown creatures being sighted, local names for unknown creatures, and I think the most probable factor in the success of early discoveries would be the locals fear of the unknown.

I believe many factors drive discovery. They all boil down to the local sightings of unknown creatures IMO. So to these locals, the creatures were not unknown, they were simply unknown to science. Of course I base my opinion mostly when the unknown creature seems to be manlike.

I'm not aware of any real financed time consuming effort of science to find and identify these creatures in question. The largest share of investigation seems to go to those individuals who actually had a sighting of their own.

Yes it is. It's missing the angle at which the first photo was taken that reveals a pareidolially-defined gorilla head-shaped shadow of some kind.

I didn't think shadows could live in direct sunlight. But if you don't see anything in the pic other than angles of shading, that's ok too. I was off by 45 minutes of the exact time of day. I wasn't of the opinion that a few minutes wouldn't make any difference since the subject is in direct sunlight exposure.

I looked at the pictures. What do you think is missing? Both show a dark spot, which is slightly different, perhaps because of slight angle differences, different wind, different JPG artifacting, or something or a combination of factors. I really don't see anything missing that could be identified as anything. If you think the dark spot in the first is a bigfoot, what is in the second? Half a bigfoot?

As above, the "dark spot" missing in the follow up pic was in direct sunlight in the first.

I'm skeptical that you're skeptical. Let's see who's right.


Really? Who wrote the following words?

Published on Jun 3, 2011
This is the video from March 30th 2010. It's blurry and not of much quality. You'll be able to see as I zoom back out, we were quite a distance from the subjects filmed and my little Jazz pocket camcorder was at it's limit. Researchers present were Scott Smith, his son Tommy, and Chris Bennett (myself) What are the animals shown in the video? This is the question. Upon several reviews It looks to me as if it's of a family group of primates living in the backwoods of Kentucky. The video seems to indicate to me, primates doing primate type things. You decide for yourself what is shown. If anyone learns anything from the footage great. If you feel it was a waste of time, well at least it didn't cost anything to look at it. Chris B.​

I guess that you have a problem with the definition of "viable?" Or perhaps your memory is faulty.

You don't have "a confirmed sighting" under your belt. But you know that.



This is untrue. You claimed to see a "family group" of primates doing "primate type things."




More dishonesty. You claimed to see a "family group" of primates doing "primate type things." When others disagreed with your imagination or storytelling, here's how you responded. Let's see if you "merely asked the question," or if you defended your opinion about primates:

So, did you "merely" ask a question, or did you spend a lot of effort defending your bigfoot hypothesis? The latter. You're welcome for the correction.


The 120 foot foolishness is exactly like the 51 foot foolishness.

Since you are quoting me from multiple sites on the internet, I guess you can edit to make the conversation about any way you want it.

I don't think I've been misleading anyone. Is there anyone here that doesn't know my photos are my attempt to display what I have seen?

If none display a bigfoot in your opinion, I simply asked then what is it? Since they were brought up, I think it's a fair question.

I will entertain alternative reasonable explanations of course. But unreasonable explanations like "It was shadows" when the subject is in direct sun light will not work.

Why must the person be a white male?

I don't think anything racist was implied , it was likely an attempt to compare early discoverers to "The great white hunter" rather than any real scientific expedition.

Who said "must?" That's right, nobody.

I agree it probably wasn't meant as anything racist.

How is that responsive to my post?

It's just another attempt to convince me that a bigfoot was there...

It doesn't even contribute to the discussion.

I just pointed out you were not concentrating on the main subject in the pic. The male at 51' is only my opinion and a result of my study of the pic to see what else was going on.
The female (self identified and my opinion only) was the only one to move away a moment after the pic was taken. I was able to view her movements when she moved around behind us after the incident. That's how I knew I had captured a pic of her.

That's one problem with trying to relay what you see. Even though I was one of the witnesses to see the creature move away after the pic was taken, others here claim to see only shadows or angles, in the sun light. So unfortunately I guess we can go nowhere in the conversation with that level of investigation.
Chris B.

Added: It's not that I don't understand alternate opinions, I do realize that unlikely or impossible explanations here are certainly more likely than any agreement or acknowledgement that something different could be there.

Hence the problem with seeing cryptids. If you saw one, quickly snapped a picture and tried to relay that info here, you'd meet with the same ridicule. Clarity of the pic does not matter. Even though you know the pic is of what you saw walk away, you'd get similar comments and dismissals.

Regardless of how your pic is viewed, you'd still have your sighting, but unfortunately you can't visually relay that experience. Most will only accept a body or part to even admit the possibility there's something out there. I've come to realize that but unlike most proponents I'm fine with it.

It's funny that many "skeptics" are also hungry to see any pics or video of Bigfoot. Kinda confusing though? Pics and video aren't really scientific evidence , so why the eagerness to see them?
 
Last edited:
Chris, just go to the source material for those discoveries and it will be clear to you. Instead of reading what cryptozoologists say about Myanmar snub-nosed monkey, read the actual paper that describes the discovery. In it you'll find that some scientists were in that remote valley doing surveys for a gibbon. While they were there, some locals showed them a skull that turrned out to belong to a species heretofore unknown to science.

The only way this story would be analogous to Bigfoot would be if the Mandan, for example, had provided a Bigfoot skull to the Corps of Discovery.
 
Chris, at your website, you are clearly sure the subjects are bigfoot, yet here at ISF, you back off of that surety.

Why?

http://www.bfrpky.com/PICS.html

You seem to be trying to deflect our questions by acting as if you aren't sure, and haven't claimed anything, and therefore you don't have to defend any claims.

Yet it's clear that you do believe you have photographed bigfoot when we read this page.

http://www.bfrpky.com/PICS.html

Why the two different attitudes?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom