• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
Is telling the truth a possibility with you?

That is not even close to being true. Here are the deer seasons in Indiana 2013:

http://www.eregulations.com/indiana/hunting/hunting-seasons/

There is one season, the URBAN SEASON that opened 15 September: the SECOND contradiction in the story if you want to claim this, which also requires blaze orange:

http://fw.ky.gov/Hunt/Pages/Hunting-Regulations.aspx

the THIRD contradiction in the story and the wrong state too which is the FOURTH contradiction in the story. If you claim it was bow season then it is a MONTH off, not a "week or so".

A fifth contradiction is the friend you work with who you can't dare ask a question of because something just to horrible would happen. Etc.

Lying is so easy. Dealing with it is tedious. Because a liar can just throw out new lies that need to be compared to the evidence, one by one, and the liar is busy lying about what just happened, revising "history".

I get what you are doing, sure. The literature tells us that the act of deception itself is the glee. It is called "duper's delight". Look how much power I have over you: I can make you go look up things. I don't believe what I just said myself, so it is cute watching you show it is untrue.

Lying is the smart thing to do. Honest people are fools. The biggest fool of all is the one who thinks I believe all the manipulative things I rattle off.

Well I agree that a liar often forgets what they lied about, so to refresh your memory, here is the post you made (my bold) and my response to that post below it. Chris B.

You've never hunted by bow, obviously. It makes much more sense with firearms.

I always hunted from a stand by bow, and so did anyone else I knew because of the extreme problems with arrow deflection on the ground. The Ghillie suit is about the last thing I would want with all of its bulk and all of those dangling things that get in the way.

I chose clothing with extremely high insulation value per thickness of material so that my bulk is minimized. You don't want anything touching the string or cams. You also choose clothing for which no sound is made on your draw. I lost my first deer bow hunting because I had a poly jacket outer lining that he heard when I drew.

It seems to me that it would maybe be something to use on the ground if there aren't any trees. But even still, I would want to modify it so the dangling stuff doesn't get into my cams or catch the string on release.

Remember that hunting season was not even open at all - not for bow, and not for firearms. It seems bizarre to me that people would go out of their way to think up plausible explanations for something when you have such a decisive proof of being made up. Bow season only is October to Nov 15 in Indiana. That is a pretty darned big difference from August.

In KY, bow season opens the first Saturday of September. This year 2014, it opened on the 6th of September. So depending on where the backdrop of this sighting saga is set, the last days of August are not as far away from the first Saturday of September.

That doesn't mean the sighting is good either though, it means we have to look at the info closer. Bow hunters in KY start their corn pile, (conveniently located a short distance from their stand), about the middle of July. Most pull some new field corn and begin the pile. Later they put out dry ear corn or shell corn and check their corn pile fairly regularly. Have some deer been taken in late August? Yep. It's not legal but it has happened. And it'll happen again.

My point is, to dismiss the story as bogus on the grounds that the guy could not have been deer hunting at that time is not logical until we know the complete setting and background of the story. As I said above , it still doesn't mean the sighting is good or true. But how the sighting is investigated or not investigated determines how much we know about it.

A simple dismissal based on a personal opinion without investigation does not bode well for one's credibility. Chris B.


Remember now? Chris B.
 
I'd say walk away from that clip without bothering anyone further. There's really nothing there. It's too far away, too distorted, and too problematic.

I have no strong objections to the bigfoot research hobby when it's taken to the field--at least it's fresh air and exercise. The key to having a good time is probably not to take oneself too seriously.

In the very least, try to have a good time.

Well, the clip has never had anyone with good video skills work with it to clear up the footage, if possible. I do not have the video knowledge or software to take it further so I'm hoping it will receive one good effort.

It's in Nelson county, way outside the known population area. But the Wave 3 (the local news outlet) still has the story archived on their website should you desire a cite.

I believe it's completely possible that bears have been sighted outside of their normal range in Ky. Especially bear cubs. It makes me wonder how they get that far on their own? I could understand an adult moving outside their normal range from time to time, but I think a cub may possibly have a human factor present in their relocation.

Chris, when you later returned to the spot with the dark patch shown on the video, was it there?

If youvwant to establish that the blob represents a living animal, the answer is not "You can see it move all primatey-like on the video." The answer should be something like "Here is my video of the site taken when I returned the next day and walked right up to the spot where the blob was. There are no trees, stumps, rocks, etc. That could have accounted for the blob. Whatever was in this spot yesterday is not in this spot today."

So tells about the immediate follow-up visit you must have done to at least demonstrate that the blob was animal.

Yes the follow up revealed there was nothing there the next day. A 4" diameter cedar tree had been freshly broken off, turned upside down and leaned against another tree in the area. There was also alot of flattened leaves in the area where the black things were sitting and many small flying insects like gnats flying around the ground where the black things had been seated and laying. Over the course of the next year this spot became the site of a brush pile type structure with many additions added weekly. Some additions were tree limbs and brush while others were dead logs approx 14' long. None of the new additions showed any tool marks ie chainsaw cuts etc.

So anyway, we have a prime example of what people see and claim to be bigfoot. Plus, a good example of "researchers" following up on a sighting.

ETA: It's also a good example of the pretend, role-playing aspect of this enthusiasm.
I don't really know much about role playing but I did play D&D a few times in 1985.

You indeed know the answers to these questions. Between First Nations people and the European settlers, in the billions of man-hours spent hunting for food, clothing, remuneration, not a single footie was ever produced. Not rarely . . never.


Yes, and we've seen the quality of proponent reports

Nope, I don't know if a Bigfoot has been shot and or killed. I'd have to see it with my own eyes to know.

The Daniel Boone report was not really meant as an addition to the BFRO database. There is an article about it in the sightings section of my site if you would like further documentation or discussion of that one.

If you don't know the difference between a foot and an inch, I doubt that you're sizing your bigfeets properly. This seems basic. You posted a photo of the "big boy" - was he 12 feet tall or 12"? Maybe Kentucky has a colony of leprechauns?



Bigfoot was looking for bourbon. Sounds like a Mojo Nixon song.

Well babe, if the worst you have against me is my tendency to forget to push the shift button when I type, that leaves me in pretty good shape. :rolleyes:

You get the Resume Irony award for this one.

Congrats. That and five bucks gets you a cup off coffee.

lol, irony was my only intent. Thanks.

There's a problem right there. If you cannot acknowledge even the possibility that the video is of nothing, the woods will always be full of vague and unidentifiable somethings.

The video obviously shows "something" even if that "something" is unidentifiable. My question has been: What is it? Can one honestly say "It's definitely NOT a bigfoot" ?

Alllllllrighty then...

[qimg]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/6Sby9N.jpg[/qimg]
That's funny. Why hasn't one been shot? Good question. I wonder if we apply that same question to the abominable bear in Tibet, does it still apply?
Supposedly, Sykes has found ancient polar bear DNA, why haven't the locals shot one? The answer is we don't know why.

Chris,

A few years ago a friend took a photo of a bull elk in a field in Franklin County, KY. Franklin County is way outside the elk restoration zone but my friend had a CELL PHONE pic that CLEARLY showed a bull elk. (I recognized the field the elk was in BTW since it was an area where I grew up.)

Since I saw the CLEAR photo I can saw it was an elk. I can also speculate this bull elk wandered out of the elk restoration zone and made his way to the bluegrass.

My friend took a pic of what was likely the ONLY damn elk wandering in the wild in central KY.

Where is the CLEAR photo of just ONE BF?

I am beginning to think you know good and well there are no BF and this is all a game to you.

A good clear photo of Bigfoot will not provide anything. Only a body or body part will work.

"A bear getting a back rub from the other bears behind him?"

"The hunching ape like creatures is moving though. And so is the hairy arm behind him."

"By viewing it on a 32' screen I have been able to single out a few movements that happen behind the "large black thing" and a few that happen on the lower left of the "large black thing" but nothing can be discerned at a glance"

Chris,

Is it a large hairy arm giving a back rub or nothing that can be discerned on a 32" screen?

On a different subject, when asked about investigating the hog-slapping bigfoot story, you said you don't waste your time investigating stories that are obviously made up (indicating that you feel it fits that category) My question is: How do you decide? What part of that story takes it off your list? What is your opinion of NL's good-n-plenty incident - do you think it was BF?

The movements are there. Verified by independent observers.

As to how I determine the wheat from the chaff, that's based on my own personal research and findings. Dr Eugenie Scott classifies Bigfooters into 2 groups, I'd be listed in the group that thinks Bigfoot is a biological living animal and does not possess any sort of magical or mystical powers. To me it's just another great ape. Chris B.

If Chris doesn't believe the leap/leap/slap story... :( *sniff sniff*

I like that one so darn much...

I'm all for the belief that these creatures can run faster and jump higher and further than humans based on their proportions. 45 feet in one jump though,,,,ugh no, possibly less than half that, maybe.

I am somehow not offended one bit by that Chris. May the foot be with you. haha.
Just a little irony.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/si_zueffle97.htm

Boone likely got his "bigfoot" from Gulliver's Travels.

Had he actually shot a bigfoot, there's very little chance it would be so poorly documented, imo.
Well, that's a whole topic in itself. One could argue that since this happened before the media age and there was not much news carried other than by word of mouth, it's not surprising for it not to be printed in a newspaper.

Another argument is that since Boone had no reference as to what the creature actually was, he may have drawn a reference from Gulliver's travels as for the reason he called it a yayhoo or yeohoh.

I knew a guy who heard a story that someone saw a photo of a tree that said:

C. Boone cilled a bogfoot at this tree.
Now that's funny. Thanks Chris B.
 
Nope, I don't know if a Bigfoot has been shot and or killed. I'd have to see it with my own eyes to know.

Why?

Chris said:
Why hasn't one been shot? Good question.

Because they don't exist? If they did wouldn't one have been accidentally been shot by now?

Chris said:
A good clear photo of Bigfoot will not provide anything.

If the provenance of said photograph could be properly vetted, that would be enough for most.
 
Sure do.

You CHANGED THE STATE.

You CHANGED THE YEAR to 2014 to pretend the 2013 Season was EARLIER that what I proved.

God Almighty, welcome to ignore. No point to this.

My pleasure.

Reading Comprehension : Reading comprehension is the ability to read text, process it and understand its meaning.

Chris B.
 
If you don't know the difference between a foot and an inch, I doubt that you're sizing your bigfeets properly. This seems basic. You posted a photo of the "big boy" - was he 12 feet tall or 12"? Maybe Kentucky has a colony of leprechauns?
One word.

Stone'enge
 
Why?



Because they don't exist? If they did wouldn't one have been accidentally been shot by now?



If the provenance of said photograph could be properly vetted, that would be enough for most.

I'm skeptical, so if someone claims they shot Bigfoot, I gotta see it in person for myself.

Well, to say "They don't exist because one would have been shot by now." is kind of a weak argument. How about those Yeti bears Sykes has DNA on? Any of those been shot? Were any snub nose monkey specimens taken before they were proven to exist? Gorillas? Nope, Bigfoot will likely be added to the science books as soon as the first one is shot or preferably when someone finds a subject that has expired from natural causes.

A pic or video will not provide scientific evidence. Really now, even if it was HD 2 hour footage there would always be doubters.

The only thing that will force science to accept that these creatures exist is to plop a Bigfoot head on their desk and say "please explain this." I'm of the same opinion.
Chris B.
 
I'm skeptical, so if someone claims they shot Bigfoot, I gotta see it in person for myself.

I have strong doubts about that.

Chris said:
Well, to say "They don't exist because one would have been shot by now." is kind of a weak argument.

How so? People have shot everything else in the woods, including themselves/each other. But why not Bigfoot?

Chris said:
A pic or video will not provide scientific evidence.

Again, if the provenance said picture/video properly vetted it would be sufficient evidence for a lot of people.
 
How about those Yeti bears Sykes has DNA on? Any of those been shot?
Let's wait and see if Sykes is correct before using this as an example.

Were any snub nose monkey specimens taken before they were proven to exist? Gorillas?

In both these cases the locals were well aware of their existence (and that includes that asian deer thing, and the coelocanth).
No such luck where you live.

These don't do you any favours either. The gorilla was "discovered" in, what, mid-19th century? If you can't tell the difference between mid-19th century central Africa and anywhere in the modern US...

In short, yes. There would be a dead one loooong before now.
 
Well, the clip has never had anyone with good video skills work with it to clear up the footage, if possible. I do not have the video knowledge or software to take it further so I'm hoping it will receive one good effort.

Call Abby from NCIS. She has the skills to do this kind of thing. Or maybe Angela from Bones, she's good with videos.

Unfortunately, outside of TV and movie fiction, the cleaning up and sharpening of video/pictures just doesn't happen. Not to the level you would need anyway.
 
I'm skeptical, so if someone claims they shot Bigfoot, I gotta see it in person for myself.

Well, to say "They don't exist because one would have been shot by now." is kind of a weak argument. How about those Yeti bears Sykes has DNA on? Any of those been shot?
Poor comparison. Yet another proponent that has no idea of the rapine environmental exploitation of NA.

Were any snub nose monkey specimens taken before they were proven to exist? Gorillas? Nope, Bigfoot will likely be added to the science books as soon as the first one is shot or preferably when someone finds a subject that has expired from natural causes.

Billions and billions of man hours spent hunting for food, clothing and market and not a single footie ever collected.
 
That's funny. Why hasn't one been shot? Good question. I wonder if we apply that same question to the abominable bear in Tibet, does it still apply?
Supposedly, Sykes has found ancient polar bear DNA, why haven't the locals shot one? The answer is we don't know why.

Sure, we don't know exactly how a long-dead, seal-eating, bear, from thousands and thousands of miles away, was found in the Himalayas. But I'm betting one of the least likely reasons, is that they actually exist there.
 
It's the lazy man's field dressing short cut.

You need a hatchet or saw to field dress. This guy had a hatchet. You whack the blunt end of the hatchet right there to break the bone and then use a knife to skin from there on up. (To take he hams). You can whack the bone with the skin still on, or off - either way.

You skip skinning the very ends of the feet and dealing with the hocks that way. I've never done it but hunted where the limit was five deer, so some of the guys I hunted with did it that way...

...Go ahead and smash bone with the blunt end of a hatchet. These are the breaks you'll get.
Thanks. That may explain the breaks, but it can't rule out a Bigfoot hoax.
 
I'm skeptical, so if someone claims they shot Bigfoot, I gotta see it in person for myself.

Well, to say "They don't exist because one would have been shot by now." is kind of a weak argument. How about those Yeti bears Sykes has DNA on? Any of those been shot? Were any snub nose monkey specimens taken before they were proven to exist? Gorillas? Nope, Bigfoot will likely be added to the science books as soon as the first one is shot or preferably when someone finds a subject that has expired from natural causes.

A pic or video will not provide scientific evidence. Really now, even if it was HD 2 hour footage there would always be doubters.

The only thing that will force science to accept that these creatures exist is to plop a Bigfoot head on their desk and say "please explain this." I'm of the same opinion.
Chris B.
I see we're back to the standard stuff here.

The existence of things that have been proven to exist somehow or other supports the existence of things that have not.

Because doubters would doubt a good picture, bad ones are just as good.
 
I'm skeptical, so if someone claims they shot Bigfoot, I gotta see it in person for myself.

Well, to say "They don't exist because one would have been shot by now." is kind of a weak argument. How about those Yeti bears Sykes has DNA on? Any of those been shot? Were any snub nose monkey specimens taken before they were proven to exist? Gorillas? Nope, Bigfoot will likely be added to the science books as soon as the first one is shot or preferably when someone finds a subject that has expired from natural causes.

A pic or video will not provide scientific evidence. Really now, even if it was HD 2 hour footage there would always be doubters.

The only thing that will force science to accept that these creatures exist is to plop a Bigfoot head on their desk and say "please explain this." I'm of the same opinion.
Chris B.


Bolding mine. How do we know one has not been? We have no type specimen, so we do not know what they look like. Perhaps their morphology is not different enough to scream different species at anyone who kills one?

The reverse of this argument does not apply to bigfoot, however. No hunter in North America is going to kill something and then go "huh, looks like a giant hairy ape" And then mosey along on his business.
 
I see we're back to the standard stuff here.

The existence of things that have been proven to exist somehow or other supports the existence of things that have not.

Because doubters would doubt a good picture, bad ones are just as good.

I read a thread on BFF about the Urban Bigfoot and it was full of speculation on greenways and paths such as railroad track where bigfoot could move undetected but none of them proposed actually going and studying these paths for bigfoot, or bigfoot signs like footprints or hair or scat.
 
I read a thread on BFF about the Urban Bigfoot and it was full of speculation on greenways and paths such as railroad track where bigfoot could move undetected but none of them proposed actually going and studying these paths for bigfoot, or bigfoot signs like footprints or hair or scat.

Yeah, I live near those greenbelts, forest preserves and pathways in that thread. The poster is either fos or off his nut or possibly both.
 
The funny part about that thread is it should read suburban not urban....80 some pages of "I hear something in my backyard...I can't explain...must be Bigfoot" and of course the cult of BFF (Bigfoot Fantasy with Friends) whole heartily agrees.
The guy thinks Bigfoot is roaming the suburbs of Chicago which is laughable.
What he's most likley experiencing is the well documented influx of yotes in the suburbs.
But he's getting what he needs from the BFF faithful!
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom