Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader, TLA Dictator
A lot of healthy scepticism in these replies.
My Dear Daughter (DD) called me this morning to ask if I knew (floccan's real name) who had called our home and made an offensive call. DD was angry rather than traumatised. I don't yet know what was said but I'm sure I will get full details at dinner tonight. I am unlikely to get an accurate transcript so I won't share any of it here.
You can say what you like to me personally in the open forum and I will reply in the same way where others can read and judge. I don't expect members of this forum to communicate privately with me or my family disrespectfully and I'm surprised that anyone finds that acceptable.
I don't want any more private correspondence with floccan and yes I do think she should say sorry. I also do not want to derail this thread any further.
Anything further on the details of the call?
Alderbank, please believe me that I am sympathetic to you on this. Anyone so much as looks crossly at my kid and I eat their face. And, as I said, we have no reason to distrust you. You've made level-headed decisions throughout this little adventure, and shown cool when some posters were chomping at the bit for something more active/aggressive.
But we know that flaccon communicates in riddles and strange phrases, sometimes. Is it possible that it was just "a weird call" and the daughter reads/interprets "weird = rude"? Note that around that time flaccon reported some kind of new communication with her father. Maybe she called to do a Robin1, "Neener neener neener, I've got a ne-e-w messsss-age!" I think she might be capable of a little boasting and poking.
Thing is.... I can't say. flaccon has not exhibited that sort of snark nor shown any real "mean streak" thus far. The closest she's gotten is when she got testy a couple of times when (IMHO) her faith in Reg's spirit was shaken. Thing is... I can't say either way. That's why I'd like to know more of the details, even realizing that it's hearsay (a repetition of someone else's recollection of a call) and would like to know flaccon's version of the story.
She could've just called and said, "A wet bird never flies at night". That sort of thing would be more in keeping.
: 

I thought everyone was responding to Pixel42's wise request yesterday