• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moderated Will the 2012 Olympic Games in London be held?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round and round and round we go (no number, just exasperation)

20120816.0155

@Agatha, #3499

It is true that Passover is held on the first month of the year. But why did the Israelites not use Abib for the first month? During the time of Solomon, there was Ziv (second month), Ethanim (seventh month), and Bul (eighth month). Why was Aviv not used in the following: Exodus 40;2, 17; Ezekiel 45:18; 2 Chronicle 29:3, 17; Ezra 10:17; Joshua 4:19; Daniel 10:4; etc.? Why is there no thirteenth month provision in 1 Kings 4:7-19 and 1 Chronicle 27:1-15 if a lunisolar calendar had been in used?
I don't understand your question. What is wrong with saying "the first month" without naming it?
The references in Kings and Chronicles are for ordinary years, not leap years.

Nisan or Aviv is the first month of the year in the Jewish calendar; the name changed to Nisan with the Babylonian exile but a name change is not probative of anything in particular. The bible isn't giving instructions on the calendar, it's giving you some history. For the workings of the calendar, the resources include the Bible, Josephus, Jewish history and tradition.

Wiki said:
The Bible does not directly mention the addition of "embolismic" or intercalary months. However, without the insertion of embolismic months, Jewish festivals would gradually shift outside of the seasons required by the Torah. This has been ruled as implying a requirement for the insertion of embolismic months to reconcile the lunar cycles to the seasons, which are integral to solar yearly cycles.

When the observational form of the calendar was in use, whether or not an embolismic month was announced after the "last month" (Adar) depended on 'aviv [i.e.the ripeness of barley], fruits of trees, and the equinox. On two of these grounds it should be intercalated, but not on one of them alone. It may be noted that in the Bible the name of the first month, Aviv, literally means "spring". Thus, if Adar was over and Spring had not yet arrived, an additional month was observed.

Tell me, when is the fruiting season of the fig tree?
Taqsh in late spring/early summer, figs later in the summer/early autumn. Why?

I know when Hillel II's mathematical rule states to insert the intercalary months. However, we are not discussing post 4th century CE years.
 
What's with all the numbers? Is this part of your religion?

(friendly advice from a stranger, it makes you look like a loon). ;)

It's too long a thread to ask you to look back for the explanation. PC is determined to introduce a new metricated clock to the world. So he timestamps all his posts. We've responded in kind (though only a few have the determination and imagination to carry on this long).

Yes, it makes him look like a loon. Which saves time.
 
Originally Posted by PeaceCrusader
Is 08-08 still in the middle of the year? I believe so. It is in the third quarter. The second and third quarters are the middle of the year.

LOve it!!

By that logic Jan 02 and Dec 30 are also "middle of the year since the 2/364 through the 363/364 of the year constitute the 'middle".

Or perahps we should divde the year into seconds so that if the war starts at 1 second to midnight on Dec 31, in Hawaii, you could claim the prophecy was correct!
 
20120816.0125

@leonAzul, #3462

The text of Inscripciones cristianas de la Espana Romana y Visigoda is in Spanish. Otherwise, I will not ask for help in translating the text if they were in Tagalog. I am just after the kings and/or princes in first century BC and first century AD.

The masochist wants some-one to beat him up yet again
 
LOve it!!

By that logic Jan 02 and Dec 30 are also "middle of the year since the 2/364 through the 363/364 of the year constitute the 'middle".

Yep, I previously mentioned to him that as long as we're being arbitrary, February-November is the middle 10/12ths of the year. I guess that was lost on him as are a number of things.
 
I'm not sure if this question has already been asked, but I think it needs to be asked:

PeaceCrusader, do you want a worldwide nuclear war to break out? Yes or no answer, please.


It was asked, but I think you can be forgiven for missing it in this massive thread. Anyway, his only answer to the question was a rather weak claim that no, he doesn't want it to happen. He just seems to expect it to happen.

Personally, I'm not sure at what point "expecting something to occur beyond all reason and evidence" becomes "wanting" or "hoping", but I believe that PeaceCrusader crossed that line a long time ago, even if he won't admit it.

My question is if the Olympic Games the same as the Paralympic Games. Both are staged in London this year.


If they were same, they wouldn't have different names and be held at different times with different participants. Also, there are a lot of sports competitions held in London every year and they're not all the same.

Despite your unbelief, I am still not giving up that the prophecies failed, one is because there is still the threat that World War III will start from Spratly Islands in the Philippines. As long as there is the Games in London in the middle of this year, there is the possibility that the prophecies will be fulfilled.


You specifically asked what you believed to be the Holy Spirit if the 2012 London Olympics, not Paralympics, would be cancelled because of World War III. Your alleged Holy Spirit confirmed that they would not be held. The games were held.

The prophecy, as originally stated and confirmed, is utterly wrong. That you refuse to accept this is the result of a severe delusion on your part.
 
Last edited:
You specifically asked what you believed to be the Holy Spirit if the 2012 London Olympics, not Paralympics, would be cancelled because of World War III. Your alleged Holy Spirit confirmed that they would not be held. The games were held.

The prophecy, as originally stated and confirmed, is utterly wrong. That you refuse to accept this is the result of a severe delusion on your part.


Yes:

Here is its translation to English:
Aristeo: Because, I thought, sometime in the middle of this year, the war will happen.
Ama: Yes.
Aristeo: Then, that will be World War III. There will be nuclear exchange, then that will be World War III. The London Olympic Games scheduled on July 27 will not be held. Ama: That will not be held. It will not be held. Aristeo: The Olympic Games in London? Ama: Yes.Aristeo: Because, there seems to be a sign. The sign is that in 1944, it was also scheduled in London to hold the Olympic Games. There was a war going on then. World War II. It was postponed. Now, it is scheduled again in London, 2012. It seems that that will not happen because of World War III this time.
Ama: It will not be held.
Aristeo: It will not be held. You said last May 1st, Wednesday. Then I looked up at the calendar which Wednesday. I noticed that July 4 is Wednesday.
Ama: It [the war] will happen.
Aristeo: What is that?
Ama: It [the war] will happen.
Aristeo: It will happen? That will be Wednesday.
Ama: Yes.


The prophecy failed completely. PC is following what he called a false prophet and a false god.
 
I just figured it out. Remember how PC explained that there were multiple people there, (perhaps all talking at once)? Maybe it was more like this:

Aristeo: Because, I thought, sometime in the middle of this year, the war will happen.
Halibut: Hi! Remember me? Did you get a new puppy?
Ama: Yes.
Aristeo: Then, that will be World War III. There will be nuclear exchange, then that will be World War III. The London Olympic Games scheduled on July 27 will not be held.
Halibut: I love puppies. Can I hold it?
Ama: That will not be held. It will not be held.
Aristeo: The Olympic Games in London?
Halibut: Is that a boy?
Ama: Yes.
Aristeo: Because, there seems to be a sign. The sign is that in 1944, it was also scheduled in London to hold the Olympic Games. There was a war going on then. World War II. It was postponed. Now, it is scheduled again in London, 2012. It seems that that will not happen because of World War III this time.
Halibut: Can I pick it up?
Ama: It will not be held.
Aristeo: It will not be held. You said last May 1st, Wednesday. Then I looked up at the calendar which Wednesday. I noticed that July 4 is Wednesday.
Ama: It [the war] will happen.
Aristeo: What is that?
Ama: It [the war] will happen.
Aristeo: It will happen? That will be Wednesday.
Halibut: Why can't I pick it up? Will it pee on me?
Ama: Yes.
 
I just figured it out. Remember how PC explained that there were multiple people there, (perhaps all talking at once)? Maybe it was more like this:

Aristeo: Because, I thought, sometime in the middle of this year, the war will happen.
Halibut: Hi! Remember me? Did you get a new puppy?
Ama: Yes.
Aristeo: Then, that will be World War III. There will be nuclear exchange, then that will be World War III. The London Olympic Games scheduled on July 27 will not be held.
Halibut: I love puppies. Can I hold it?
Ama: That will not be held. It will not be held.
Aristeo: The Olympic Games in London?
Halibut: Is that a boy?
Ama: Yes.
Aristeo: Because, there seems to be a sign. The sign is that in 1944, it was also scheduled in London to hold the Olympic Games. There was a war going on then. World War II. It was postponed. Now, it is scheduled again in London, 2012. It seems that that will not happen because of World War III this time.
Halibut: Can I pick it up?
Ama: It will not be held.
Aristeo: It will not be held. You said last May 1st, Wednesday. Then I looked up at the calendar which Wednesday. I noticed that July 4 is Wednesday.
Ama: It [the war] will happen.
Aristeo: What is that?
Ama: It [the war] will happen.
Aristeo: It will happen? That will be Wednesday.
Halibut: Why can't I pick it up? Will it pee on me?
Ama: Yes.


:D
 
20120816.1200

@Agatha, #3501

Agatha said:
Taqsh in late spring/early summer, figs later in the summer/early autumn. Why?

My reply:
You know, Agatha, when the fig tree is fruiting – summer/early autumn. The summer months in the Jewish calendar are Tammuz, Av, and Elul; and early autumn is Tishri. These months are equivalent to June, July, and August; and September in the Gregorian calendar.

What is the condition of the fig tree when fruiting? What I mean by condition is if the leaves are present or absent.

Was Jesus expecting the fig tree to have fruits when He cursed it? (Mark 11:12-14, 20-22; Matthew 21:18-20)
 
PeaceCrusader, why have you lied to us in this forum?

ETA: In case you forgot, here is one of your many lies:

If the prophecies fail, I said that I will not believe in both Ka Apaz and the Holy Spirit. There are spirits – good or bad. They are good if they come from the only true God or if He is the only true God Himself. They are bad or evil spirit if they come from false gods or if they are false gods themselves.
 
Last edited:
Maybe one more lie?

I will refrain from discussing prophecies anymore and be tight-lipped on this. I will reconsider my belief that the Holy Spirit who we are talking to is the true Holy Spirit and so is my belief that Ka Apaz’ physical body is appropriated by this spirit. As I used to say, if we were to believe in a god, we have to be sure that He is the only true God. As God, He must be omniscient. That means, He knows the past, the present, and the future.

There are others as well.

What do you have to say to defend your lies, PC?
 
Last edited:
PeaceCrusader, you have lied to us so many times--why should we give any credibility to anything you say?

Liars cannot be trusted.

ETA: What the heck, one more lie from PeaceCrusader--there are so many:

I will not move the goal posts anymore. The stop point is the 2012 Olympic Games.
 
Last edited:
Round and round and round we go (no number, just exasperation)

I don't understand your question. What is wrong with saying "the first month" without naming it?
The references in Kings and Chronicles are for ordinary years, not leap years.

Nisan or Aviv is the first month of the year in the Jewish calendar; the name changed to Nisan with the Babylonian exile but a name change is not probative of anything in particular. The bible isn't giving instructions on the calendar, it's giving you some history. For the workings of the calendar, the resources include the Bible, Josephus, Jewish history and tradition.


Taqsh in late spring/early summer, figs later in the summer/early autumn. Why?

I know when Hillel II's mathematical rule states to insert the intercalary months. However, we are not discussing post 4th century CE years.


20120816.1200

@Agatha, #3501

And what do you do when it is leap year? Do you provide victuals to king Solomon (circa 11th century BC) and his household, and be on guard to defend the kingdom during ordinary years only? In the Jewish lunisolar calendar, a month is inserted on the 3rd, 6th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, and 19th year in the 19-year Metonic Cycle. That inserted month is the thirteenth month. What king Solomon was doing was assigning each man his month in a year to make provision (1 Kings 4:7), and another man in charge of 24,000 men who would be on guard (1 Chronicle 27:1). How about when it was leap year and a month had to be inserted, who would provide provision and be on guard during this time?

That is why I say that from the time of Exodus to the fall of Jerusalem to Babylon, the Israelites were using only one calendar which was a purely lunar calendar. When they returned to Israel from exile, they brought with them and adopted the Babylonian calendar. But they kept their purely lunar calendar for religious purposes. This is where Passover was that is why Passover was wandering through the seasons. During the crucifixion of Jesus (tomorrow, August 17, is the 2,012th anniversary of His crucifixion), Passover was held in the month of Av. It was only fixed to Nisan in 358/359 AD during the reformation of the Jewish calendar, as we know it today.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom