• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Christian side-hug.

A prime example of Poe's law either way.
Indeed, I wonder how many people actually do this.

I don't. I do regular hugs.
It's waaaay more creepy when you see the actual lyrics.
Yep.

@TimC: I agree with you. Rap is annoying enough, fake rap by wannabe white bread goes one step beyond, to annoyingly phony.

Funny. When I was in ninth grade, a pop music artist put the Our Father / Lord's Prayer to music. Simply a popular music version of that prayer. It played on top forty for a number of weeks. I wish I could remember the artist's name (early 1970's, lady) so I'll check out Google.

The point? She didn't try to make it blues, nor soul, nor country, nor acid rock. She stayed within herself.

ETA: Ah, it was Sister Janet Meade, in 1973.

DR
 
Last edited:
This is the most mindbogglingly ridiculous thing I've seen in a while, I just have to share!

Have any of you heard of this before? Christians only hugging from the side for fear of having sinful thoughts?

I wonder, do they do the side hug with same sex friends as well?

I was convinced that this was satire, but the tags in the video lead to a church that seems to be real from what I can tell. A prime example of Poe's law either way.

Hey, with a same sex friend -especially male-male- anything more than a quick handshake leads directly to buggery!!:bumblebee:ant::ant::dragonfly:ladybug: :ladybug: :ladybug:
 
Last edited:
Funny. When I was in ninth grade, a pop music artist put the Our Father / Lord's Prayer to music. Simply a popular music version of that prayer. It played on top forty for a number of weeks. I wish I could remember the artist's name (early 1970's, lady) so I'll check out Google.

The point? She didn't try to make it blues, nor soul, nor country, nor acid rock. She stayed within herself.

ETA: Ah, it was Sister Janet Meade, in 1973.

DR

I remember that being played on the radio:

 
These people need to go Skoptsy and get it over with I hug people all the time and I manage to keep it under wraps these people have some serious problems! Skopets knew how to keep those unclean urges in control PERMANENTLY.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skoptsy

This is my no,no square,
In a jar, way up there.
Go-ooooooo Skoptsy.

The lengths people go to cos they are sick of JFrankA copping a feel. Sigh.
 
I could not believe this when I saw it! I can't believe they are copying hardcore rap music, for such a stupid song. At least if they were doing angry raps about people going to hell, that would match more with the music style.

I seriously cannot believe this exists.

Piggy: I just read your post, and it makes sense about the liability and schools banning personal contact. I have heard about that. But to celebrate it in a song??

I think this kind of mindset has no understanding that society changes over time, and that standards of morality changes too. Victorians freaked about about how immodest the waltz was, what with the man's hand on the lady's waist, and all that spinning around.
 
I wonder if they paid for the imperial march sample..

Boy, watching this, I was embarrassed -for- them. What a joke. This is worse than Creed.
 
Last edited:
This is my no,no square,
In a jar, way up there.
Go-ooooooo Skoptsy.

The lengths people go to cos they are sick of JFrankA copping a feel. Sigh.

Don't worry, AgeGap. As long as women have breasts, no religion in the world will stop me from copping a feel. I'll just have to get more creative........





:D
 
Sure glad Tom Petty isn't a chaste xtian-rocker; I'd hate to think of one of the great pop riffs of all time:


:g1: with these lyrics:

She's a Christian, loves theosis
Loves Jesus (but only from the side)
She's a Christian, crazy 'bout Moses
Loves the horses the apocalypse men ride

And it's a long day waitin' for the rapture
There's a wet dream that I've been havin' lots
Where I'm a bad boy, 'cause I want to front-hug her
I'm a bad boy for havin' impure thoughts

And I'm SIDE!!! I'm side-huggin'
Yeah I'm SI-I-IDE! I'm side-huggin'

All the atheists huggin' peaks to valleys
Embrace sin embracin' from the front
All the atheists front-huggin' in the alleys
While the Christians are hugging flank to brunt

And I'm SIDE! I'm side huggin'...

I wanna side-hug, avoid evil temptation
I wanna hug her hip to my fly
I wanna side-hug, don't want no erection
Gonna hang saint peter out to dry

And I'm SIDE!!! I'm side huggin'...
(side-huggin', now I'm side-huggin)

:nope:
 
Last edited:
sure glad tom petty isn't a chaste xtian-rocker; i'd hate to think of one of the great pop riffs of all time:

:g1: With these lyrics:

she's a christian, loves theosis
loves jesus (but only from the side)
she's a christian, crazy 'bout moses
loves the horses the apocalypse men ride

and it's a long day waitin' for the rapture
there's a wet dream that i've been havin' lots
where i'm a bad boy, 'cause i want to front-hug her
i'm a bad boy for havin' impure thoughts

and i'm side!!! I'm side-huggin'
yeah i'm si-i-ide! I'm side-huggin'

all the atheists huggin' peaks to valleys
embrace sin embracin' from the front
all the atheists front-huggin' in the alleys
while the christians are hugging flank to brunt

and i'm side! I'm side huggin'...

i wanna side-hug, avoid evil temptation
i wanna hug her hip to my fly
i wanna side-hug, don't want no erection
gonna hang saint peter out to dry

and i'm side!!! I'm side huggin'...
(side-huggin', now i'm side-huggin)

:nope:

gold.
 
Yo! Yo! Yo! Lis'n up!
Gimme that Christian hand job!
Don't gimme no sob-sob.
This be sumthin' I ain't dissin'
No hugs and no kissin'
We got to keep it pure,
got to know no fear.
If all that fluid's gone,
we can safely party on.
So, gimme that Chritian hand job!

Awesome! :D
 
Given the power of hormones and the fact that ordinary hugs convey love as much as lust, if not more so, I doubt the side-hug is going to prevail - even among evangelical Christian youth.
 
Given the power of hormones and the fact that ordinary hugs convey love as much as lust, if not more so, I doubt the side-hug is going to prevail - even among evangelical Christian youth.
Fads sometimes take on lives of their own.

(Heh, he posts this in the religion and philosophy forum. Funny, sez his alter ego).
 
Given the power of hormones and the fact that ordinary hugs convey love as much as lust, if not more so, I doubt the side-hug is going to prevail - even among evangelical Christian youth.

I've actually met girls who will only do the side hug. There is definitely a subculture of semi-victorianism in christian society today. There are plenty of supporting biblical texts to choose from, and really, a lot of girls are uncomfortable with guys even accidentally (honestly accidentally) touching them. And lots of guys want to be completely pure in God's eyes, which ends up causing some pretty sick philosophies about how to deal with the opposite sex. This is one place where christianity starts to border with abusiveness. I still have problems dealing with women, even in situations where they make themselves very clear about what they want. While this looks like a campy video that nobody could take seriously, people do. I even remember having conversations about how to avoid masturbation. In the end, biology won out over religion.

This is one reason I think the prevalence of fundamentalism among youth is a good thing. If you push people deep enough into christianity, then they will eventually come to a point where they either have to acknowledge reality or deny it.
 
I've actually met girls who will only do the side hug. There is definitely a subculture of semi-victorianism in christian society today. There are plenty of supporting biblical texts to choose from, and really, a lot of girls are uncomfortable with guys even accidentally (honestly accidentally) touching them. And lots of guys want to be completely pure in God's eyes, which ends up causing some pretty sick philosophies about how to deal with the opposite sex.
As a Jew, I can take the moral highground here, because I've never heard of any Jews doing anything as ridiculous as this to keep men clean from unclean female influences.

oh. wait.


I even remember having conversations about how to avoid masturbation. In the end, biology won out over religion.

As the great stand-up philosopher R. Williams once opined "Puberty is just nature's way of saying 'Shake hands with Mr. Happy' ".
 
As the great stand-up philosopher R. Williams once opined "Puberty is just nature's way of saying 'Shake hands with Mr. Happy' ".
I guess that cheerleader back in the ninth grade had no respect for nature, darn her bad hearing! :boggled:







(She didn't fall for the old line about how blue balls is a health hazard either ... )
 
I've actually met girls who will only do the side hug. There is definitely a subculture of semi-victorianism in christian society today.
<snip>

Okay, now I'm imagining Victorian chastity-rappers:

Pray, madam, please cover your ankle.
Such public displays cause my emotions to rankle.
It gives the impression that you are willing,
And if I continue to look, I fear I may be illing.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom