• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Christian side-hug.

Okay, now I'm imagining Victorian chastity-rappers:

Pray, madam, please cover your ankle.
Such public displays cause my emotions to rankle.
It gives the impression that you are willing,
And if I continue to look, I fear I may be illing.
Brilliant!:newlol
 
Kind of off topic

In the summer of 2001 or 2002 I went to a concert put together by Billy Graham with Kirk Franklin as the main attraction. Near the end of Franklin's set he told everyone in the crowd to find "the type of person you would make you hold your purse closer,or someone outside your normal click", then he told us to go give them a big hug. Lets say as a 250lb almost 6ft tall geek black teenager I really need to thank Mr.Franklin. :D

I bet that made you feel really SPECIAL... right? =P

("Look at me, mummy! I'm hugging the black boy! Grab my purse, will you?")

God, I hate christians...
 
This scares me...

Are kids in America really being banned from school for hugging each other? (To be honest, I thought the reference to Obama and Angelina Jolie disgusting... and I don't know if they paid the right to use the Imperial March sample... what does Lucas think about this? I know he's a Buddhist... don't think he would agree with any of this...)

But really... are kids being banned from school from HUGGING? I mean... really?? This actually scares me.. does this happen on red states only?

Here in my provintial little country we meet with a kiss in the cheek everytime we meet (girls, parents... boys when we're drunk (blame it on the alcohol, right? lol)). I'm so glad I wasn't born in those places and I really feel bad for people who have to face this kind of sick twisted demented people on the daily basis...

And why is it that those states have the higher teen pregnancy rates and the worst divorce cases? I don't have any data for this, I just figure it out from what someone said earlier...

Christian Side-Hug... REALLY?????? =P
 
Don't worry, AgeGap. As long as women have breasts, no religion in the world will stop me from copping a feel. I'll just have to get more creative........





:D
.
With full frontal contact, drop the hands down to the buns, and give a playful squeeze... or three.... :)
 
I've actually met girls who will only do the side hug. There is definitely a subculture of semi-victorianism in christian society today. There are plenty of supporting biblical texts to choose from, and really, a lot of girls are uncomfortable with guys even accidentally (honestly accidentally) touching them. And lots of guys want to be completely pure in God's eyes, which ends up causing some pretty sick philosophies about how to deal with the opposite sex. This is one place where christianity starts to border with abusiveness. I still have problems dealing with women, even in situations where they make themselves very clear about what they want. While this looks like a campy video that nobody could take seriously, people do. I even remember having conversations about how to avoid masturbation. In the end, biology won out over religion.

This is one reason I think the prevalence of fundamentalism among youth is a good thing. If you push people deep enough into christianity, then they will eventually come to a point where they either have to acknowledge reality or deny it.
.
The number of pregnancies among the vocally chaste is higher than among normal people, I've read.
 
This is the most mindbogglingly ridiculous thing I've seen in a while, I just have to share!

Have any of you heard of this before? Christians only hugging from the side for fear of having sinful thoughts?

I wonder, do they do the side hug with same sex friends as well?

I was convinced that this was satire, but the tags in the video lead to a church that seems to be real from what I can tell. A prime example of Poe's law either way.

They do this because the tee-pee hug went out of style.
 
Piggy is right,
even the Freemasons are training their Job's Daughters Bethel Temple Guardians the "side hug" method.

Lawyers have really screwed up hugging :(
 
Ok... I just watched this again and, am I hearing things? Or are they rapping over the Imperial March??

Once I got past the utterly horrifying blasphemy of such a thing, I started to wonder what it could mean, are they trying to equate front hugs with the forces of evil?


Can I report a post for making my brain melt?

I think you are right (but only watched about 20-seconds before my instinct for self preservation turned it off)

The clip in your OP reminds me of Vogon poetry.
 
Any Christian who tries to pull a side hug on me (not like one would be likely to hug me anytime soon) I'll just talk real dirty to 'em
 
It occurred to me that the whole side-hug thing is an example of hisory to some degree repeating itself. When it first began to become popular the waltz was considered immoral because the dancing couple held each other close, face-to-face, as opposed to the minuet, where couples only held hands and danced side-by-side. I found the quote below at www.centralome.com/ballroomcountry/waltz.htm:

The waltz was also criticized on moral grounds by those opposed to its closer hold and rapid turning movements. Religious leaders almost unanimously regarded it as vulgar and sinful. Continental court circles held out obstinately against the waltz. In England, (a land of strict morals), the waltz was accepted even more slowly.

In July of 1816, the waltz was included in a ball given in London by the Prince Regent. A blistering editorial in The Times a few days later stated:

"We remarked with pain that the indecent foreign dance called the Waltz was introduced (we believe for the first time) at the English court on Friday last ... it is quite sufficient to cast one's eyes on the voluptuous intertwining of the limbs and close compressure on the bodies in their dance, to see that it is indeed far removed from the modest reserve which has hitherto been considered distinctive of English females. So long as this obscene display was confined to prostitutes and adulteresses, we did not think it deserving of notice; but now that it is attempted to be forced on the respectable classes of society by the civil examples of their superiors, we feel it a duty to warn every parent against exposing his daughter to so fatal a contagion." (Source: The Times of London, 16th July 1816)

So, the question is: Will the evangelical rap artists doing "Gimme that Christian side-hug" start advocating a revival of the minuet?
 
I bet that made you feel really SPECIAL... right? =P

("Look at me, mummy! I'm hugging the black boy! Grab my purse, will you?")

God, I hate christians...


I think he was saying that he was the 6 foot tall black man. Not the other way around....
 
I think he was saying that he was the 6 foot tall black man. Not the other way around....

Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry. Yes, I know that he is the tall black guy... when I said special I meant different, out of place...

The "Look at me, mummy" bit was what the girl said when she was hugging him... I mean, those people actually think that hugging a black person is some kind of hyper-altruistic action... that's what I meant.

If I was him, I would feel horrible to be considered the person that "you don't usually have inside your clique"... :boggled:
 
...
The "Look at me, mummy" bit was what the girl said when she was hugging him... I mean, those people actually think that hugging a black person is some kind of hyper-altruistic action... that's what I meant.
...
.
Do Mummy and Daddums understand that once you try black, you never go back?
 
Not to drag politics into the situation, but did anyone else notice the endorsement for Obama and the Democratic party?

I hate to break it to those boys but if they want religious fanaticism with a side order of mindless sexual repression they should be looking to the OTHER PARTY.
 
Not to drag politics into the situation, but did anyone else notice the endorsement for Obama and the Democratic party?

I hate to break it to those boys but if they want religious fanaticism with a side order of mindless sexual repression they should be looking to the OTHER PARTY.

I must admit it was hard to understand what they were saying... but from what I could tell, I think they were doing the opposite of 'endorsing' Obama.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom