• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Bigfoot: The Invisible Variety

In Ireland, they have leprachauns. The existence of leprachauns is pretty well known and pretty well accepted, in Ireland.

Any evidence for this?
I should warn you - I'm from Ireland. It's a land of myths and fairytales. A land where people may happily believe in a beardy sky-guy, but accept that fairytales about leprechauns and banshees are just that - stories.

I'm beginning to wonder if you aren't just having us all on after all.

(If this becomes a derail - I'll move it)
 
If that's not intended to be sarcasm, then it's quite scarily deluded.

What in that photo suggets anything other than a vague blurry smudge?

And as ChillZero said - do you have any evidence to back up the suggestion that
The existence of leprachauns is pretty well known and pretty well accepted, in Ireland.
?
 
Any evidence for this?
I should warn you - I'm from Ireland. It's a land of myths and fairytales. A land where people may happily believe in a beardy sky-guy, but accept that fairytales about leprechauns and banshees are just that - stories.

I'm beginning to wonder if you aren't just having us all on after all.

(If this becomes a derail - I'll move it)

Absolutely nothing can be proven on the internet. To request evidence is to request proof. Leprechauns can no more be proven than Bigfoot. I have spoken with Americans who have spent a summer in Ireland, and they assured me that Leprechauns are quite real. Otherwise, you are free to use the internet, or amazon.com to buy and read some books.
 
Absolutely nothing can be proven on the internet. To request evidence is to request proof.

That's kind of what evidence is - it is the information that leads to proof.

Leprechauns can no more be proven than Bigfoot. I have spoken with Americans who have spent a summer in Ireland, and they assured me that Leprechauns are quite real. Otherwise, you are free to use the internet, or amazon.com to buy and read some books.

Tell me something, did these same americans ever go hunting haggis in Scotland?

Why do I need to go and read books about information I already know, about my homeland and fellow countrymen? You need to read up on the Irish sense of humour.
 
Absolutely nothing can be proven on the internet. To request evidence is to request proof. Leprechauns can no more be proven than Bigfoot. I have spoken with Americans who have spent a summer in Ireland, and they assured me that Leprechauns are quite real. Otherwise, you are free to use the internet, or amazon.com to buy and read some books.
Given your lack of credible proof/support/references, it seems just more of the same false claims/lies.
 
That's kind of what evidence is - it is the information that leads to proof.



Tell me something, did these same americans ever go hunting haggis in Scotland?

Why do I need to go and read books about information I already know, about my homeland and fellow countrymen? You need to read up on the Irish sense of humour.

Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence. Try interviewing the country folk, not the city folk. Assuming of course that you still live there.
 
Good grief. I don't need to go interview anyone to know that no-one in the country I grew up in, and travelled extensively (it's not that big, by the way) seriously believes in leprechauns.
 
This is surely a parody? This is semantically equivalent to 'a bloke down the pub said...'

I think this (if intended honestly) speaks more to Irish humour and tourist gullibility than anything else. Oh - or perhaps tourist humour, and other people's gullibility?

I notice there was no reply to the haggis hunting question.
 
It's ceertainly akin to the 'Haggis' stories. But having travelled in Ireland, I have never been exposed to anyone who claims that Leprechauns are real, rather than a silly tourist-type marketing ploy.

It's not even close to the level of 'acceptance' that BF has - despite a long-standing folklore tradition.
 
Why are Americans so ignorant on Higher Dimensions?
Why are Americans so ignornant on people living along side of us in higher dimensions?
Why are posters on this board so ignornant about higher dimensions?
Why are posters on this board so ignorant about various peoples living along side of us in higher dimensions?
Answer:
Because there is no credible evidence that they exist.

Here is a picture of a likely wood gnome captured on camera, in the United States of America. Note the clothes, the jacket, the hat, the wide face, and the long nose.
All I can see in that photo is a bad case of pareidolia. In fact, it took me a little while before I could see any kind of humanoid figure. But yeah - what I at first took to be a largeish orchid-like flower could by a stretch of the imagination be the little guy's beard.

Is there any chance of being able to see the entire photograph? This is clearly a crop. The whole photograph might give us a sense of scale, and indicate what the background might be like. I have a suspicion that the photo was taken in an orchid garden...
 
So far we've had Bigfoot, Invisible BF, Mythical Australian Cryptobeasts, The Philadelphia Experiment and now Leprechauns.

What next will we see that "proves" IBF?

UFOs?

The Loch Ness Monster?

Maybe somebody could ask Sylvia Brown where to find IBF?

Oh - and I hear that the haggis can be a mean little devil when provoked.

I'm puzzled by Historian's view of a discussion. He makes outrageous claims and tells us to read books. How is this a discussion?
 
Just wanted you to know that your "logo" photo of the "swordsman" is what a BF looks like.....if you add a couple ears.....
 
I'm puzzled by Historian's view of a discussion. He makes outrageous claims and tells us to read books. How is this a discussion?
He makes a claim, and when asked for proof he attempts to shift the discussion…berating and insulting folks (to the point of bullying) followed by “read a book” (my paraphrase).

Nothing more then deflection from the obvious…he can provide no credible proof/reference/cite to support any of his made-up false claims/lies.
 
Hi Todd,

There are times when I'd like to believe that Historian has been parodying fundamentalist BF researcher behaviour.

However - when you see the heat and spleen in his replies whenever one of us has the temerity to suggest that he might be wrong, it's difficult to think that he doesn't believe it all.

Other posts suggest that he's well known in the business of BF.

Thanks. I don't know whether to laugh at the silliness of it all or cry at how sad this is.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom