theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
No. I was rebutting your claim that a slippery slope calls into question the per se legitimacy of free expression. If you're going to quote my posts and reply to them, I'd prefer you address the arguments I'm actually making in my posts.This all comes down to the meaning, if any, we ascribe to sex - it's value and the ethical issues involved. Comparing it to transportation seems like a false analogy and a reductive one at that. It makes it seem like it's all about functionality - and porn has certainly achieved that. The message is - you are at A but you want to get to B - just log on and go. I have outlined the societal cost.
And you've alleged a societal cost, but much of this thread has been discussion of whether the cost you've alleged is as great as you allege it to be.
I don't think the cost you've alleged is great enough to justify the restrictions on free speech that you seem to favor. The meaning we ascribe to sex is irrelevant to both your argument and mine.
That may be an example of where you and acbytesla are at. It's not an example of where we - you and I - are at.This is an example of where we are at:
Is there a material difference tp?
I have no idea what you mean by material difference, here.
If you have an argument to make, that sex has unique material qualities, that justify broad restrictions on freedom of expression of sex acts, then make the argument. Don't waste my time and yours asking me questions about the argument you have in mind.