• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Transwomen are not Women - Part 15

When me and someone else are both talking about one person, for example Helen, and I say 'so what do they want for Christmas?', that's incorrect usage of they? I've been using it like that all my life.
If, instead of Helen, you and a friend were discussing your parents, would you say, "I want to get something really nice for Mum this year. They've been a bit down. What do you think I should get them? My dad's easy enough: they always want socks!"?
 
Wrong again. I'm trying to talk about this outside of tribal posturing.
No you aren't. You consistently resort to tribal accusations of transphobia for anyone who doesn't agree with you. You're not looking for a discussion, you're looking for agreement, and the fact that you can't find it is what actually drives you away.
 
Ye gads.

A simple, 'no' would suffice. But you dare not say it. Men abusing women's boundaries is fine by you as long as you don't have to describe it properly.
You asked if I condoned what they had done? That is not a yes or no question unless I know what they had done first.

Please explain what they had done, so I can give you a yes or no reply.


There is no such thing as 'gender' except as a synonym of 'sex'.

So, it seems that, to you, 'gender' means 'which sex someone looks most like'. Instead of saying, "She's a very manly woman," or "She's a very manly-looking woman," you decide that she has a female sex but a male gender, and then use "they" to talk about her. OK, I mean, you do you, but it's mental.
No, gender is nothing to do with what you look like, but rather what you feel like as it's social indoctrination.

It's nothing to do with sex either as you can't change your sex, but you can wake up every morning and slip on a gender for the day or none at all if that's what you feel like.
 
Last edited:
Interestingly, that particular dictionary hasn't, but I've seen plenty that have. It gives several definitions of "woman", but none of them is loony.

I think this fits with what I said earlier - the move from "transwoman" and "transman" to "trans woman" and "trans man" is to further confuse normies into thinking these are people of the named type, just as "fat" makes no difference to the meaning of the noun, "woman", it just adds information. I suspect this might have coincided with increasing recognition of "transwoman" as the doublespeak it is. People understood that "Transwomen are women!" was fishy, because they realised "trans" meant "the opposite of" and thus men - hell, no, they said, keep them out of my daughter's changing room!

"Trans women" makes "trans" look like a mere modifier. Obviously (some) women are women. Maybe they're talking about butch women - yeah, they can go in.
OK, so I should keep using 'transmale', as it does what it says on the tin?
 
It's downright weird. You know Helen is female, why would you not say "she"? I'll bet nearly all English speakers unaffected by the genderwoo virus would.
Ok interesting.
That would assume the genderwoo virus has been around for as long as I could talk? Born in 1969 and haven't been in a coma or anything so it's the 1970's we're looking at.
According to other posters who said no, when I posted about gender and sex being separate in the 70-80's, I thought that the genderwoo stuff didn't exist until recently?
 
Last edited:
No you aren't. You consistently resort to tribal accusations of transphobia for anyone who doesn't agree with you.
That is a lie. You have posted a lie. You are a liar.

I have never once used that term, and I disagree with its popular use. The differences we have are in no way 'transphobic', nor have I said they are. nor to I have a 'tribal' position on trans rights. An actual TRA would say I'm solidly on your side, based on my stances on sex segregation and gender affirming treatments on minors alone.
You're not looking for a discussion, you're looking for agreement
Not agreement, but common ground to discuss this with a little bit of nuance and dispassionate criticism.
and the fact that you can't find it is what actually drives you away.
Sort of. That you guys can't be pulled away from your extremes is counterproductive to any reasonable debate.
 
That is a lie. You have posted a lie. You are a liar.
I told the truth.
I have never once used that term
You didn't need to. You accused us of hatred towards trans people based on them being trans. The fact that you didn't use that word doesn't mean you didn't accuse us of that thing. You do regularly.
nor to I have a 'tribal' position on trans rights.
Sure you do. You don't have ALL the tribal positions, but your consistent claims that gender critical positions 'deny the existence of trans people' is absolutely tribal.
Not agreement, but common ground to discuss this with a little bit of nuance and dispassionate criticism.
You have never, ever been dispationate.
Sort of. That you guys can't be pulled away from your extremes is counterproductive to any reasonable debate.
There's nothing at all extreme about my position. That you can't even recognize that is another example of your tribalism.
 
OK, so I should keep using 'transmale', as it does what it says on the tin?
What does it say on the tin? Is a transmale a male in the same way a transwoman is a woman? Or is a transmale a male the same way that a transwoman is a male?
 
What does it say on the tin? Is a transmale a male in the same way a transwoman is a woman? Or is a transmale a male the same way that a transwoman is a male?
Go read the post i was replying to for context. Here i'll put it below

Interestingly, that particular dictionary hasn't, but I've seen plenty that have. It gives several definitions of "woman", but none of them is loony.

I think this fits with what I said earlier - the move from "transwoman" and "transman" to "trans woman" and "trans man" is to further confuse normies into thinking these are people of the named type, just as "fat" makes no difference to the meaning of the noun, "woman", it just adds information. I suspect this might have coincided with increasing recognition of "transwoman" as the doublespeak it is. People understood that "Transwomen are women!" was fishy, because they realised "trans" meant "the opposite of" and thus men - hell, no, they said, keep them out of my daughter's changing room!

"Trans women" makes "trans" look like a mere modifier. Obviously (some) women are women. Maybe they're talking about butch women - yeah, they can go in.
Do you understand?
 
Born in england and that's how I speak. Mum and dad are scottish and irish respectively so maybe that has something to do with it? but that's how I speak.

I am Scottish. Lived in Scotland most of my life, although I lived in England for 25 years. Nobody I know has ever spoken like that.
 
It's nothing to do with sex either as you can't change your sex, but you can wake up every morning and slip on a gender for the day or none at all if that's what you feel like.
If this is what gender is (and I'm willing to accept that it is), then there really isn't any reason for government (or employers, or venue managers, etc) to ever consider gender for any purpose whatsoever.
 
Born in england and that's how I speak. Mum and dad are scottish and irish respectively so maybe that has something to do with it? but that's how I speak.
So, cast your mind back if you can, and tell me if you remember the last time, in normal conversation, you used any of the sexed third-person pronouns?

But you don't appear to write like that. Maybe you're one of those people who takes their cue from how others are speaking (or writing). If your friend was talking a lot about Helen, saying, "She's nice, Helen. I really like her, don't you?" and you wanted to add something about Helen, maybe then you'd conform to what your friend is using. I can't imagine you continuing, "Well, yeah, they're nice, but they still owe me a tenner."

Sorry to be nosey, but this is so curious to me, I thought I'd do a search for some of your other posts, for 'he' and 'she', and found these in half a page of results:

Oh, I didn't expect it to actually embed the list of links.
 
Last edited:
You asked if I condoned what they had done? That is not a yes or no question unless I know what they had done first.

Please explain what they had done, so I can give you a yes or no reply.
Sorry, I thought you had followed this piece of news and the court's ruling, so you would know the basic facts of what he did. If I use my words to describe what he did, that would be biasing what you think of what he did. I mean, if you don't care, or you're not interested, fine - I just asked a question that I expected you to be able to answer pretty clearly.
No, gender is nothing to do with what you look like, but rather what you feel like as it's social indoctrination.
But you judged that woman's gender by the muscles and facial hair. You didn't have access to her feelings.
It's nothing to do with sex either as you can't change your sex, but you can wake up every morning and slip on a gender for the day or none at all if that's what you feel like.
I reiterate Zigurat's point that this means it's of no importance in legislation, etc.
But it's also odd that the 'man' (the woman who's a manlier man than you'll ever be), can't slip on an hourglass figure and lose the beard, then grow the muscles again, day in, day out.

It's all very confusing in the genderbread house. Apparently, we can slip on different "social indoctrination" according to mood. How does that happen? I wish I'd known people could change their social indoctrination so easily a while back.
 
Last edited:
So, cast your mind back if you can, and tell me if you remember the last time, in normal conversation, you used any of the sexed third-person pronouns?

But you don't appear to write like that. Maybe you're one of those people who takes their cue from how others are speaking (or writing). If your friend was talking a lot about Helen, saying, "She's nice, Helen. I really like her, don't you?" and you wanted to add something about Helen, maybe then you'd conform to what your friend is using. I can't imagine you continuing, "Well, yeah, they're nice, but they still owe me a tenner."

Sorry to be nosey, but this is so curious to me, I thought I'd do a search for some of your other posts, for 'he' and 'she', and found these in half a page of results:

Oh, I didn't expect it to actually embed the list of links.
Busted!!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom