• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no it doesn't because I have spent the whole thread saying I believe AGW is involved.

I am getting slightly annoyed now with you lying about what I post.

This is a minor one. The rest have not been.

For the third time please stop.

No. In this thread you have denied the “A” part of this term. Many times you have repeated the denier meme “well it might be warming but I doubt it is man made”. Go back and check. I can quote you if you want.

Own your own comments.
 
Read the last line of each post.
Read it for context and then get back to me.

I ignored your last line

"Obviously she's been exploited by manipulative parents and other (mostly white) adults ....."

As I assumed it was sarcasm
 
No. In this thread you have denied the “A” part of this term. Many times you have repeated the denier meme “well it might be warming but I doubt it is man made”. Go back and check. I can quote you if you want.

Own your own comments.

Quote me

With link so it is in context
 
Thats some heaving avoidance you’ve got going there.Here is the chain of posts that was actually being responded to.
She is different.

She is an actual active activist, and was not a teen celebrity

WHAT!!!????

In fact WTF !!!???.

She was one of the most famous teenagers on the planet!
Time magazine listed her as one of the most influential people globally for 3 years running.
She received a Nobel Peace prize at 17 FFS.

All in her teen years.

Not sure what your point is.

I was agreeing with you

Read the last line of each post.
Read it for context and then get back to me.

I ignored your last line

"Obviously she's been exploited by manipulative parents and other (mostly white) adults ....."

As I assumed it was sarcasm
This was not the post you were responding to i that side-discussion.

I realise you are fighting this war against teenage girl activists on many front on this thread, but you need to take a breath now and then and read your own posts as much as ours before you respond.
 
Thats some heaving avoidance you’ve got going there.Here is the chain of posts that was actually being responded to.








This was not the post you were responding to i that side-discussion.

I realise you are fighting this war against teenage girl activists on many front on this thread, but you need to take a breath now and then and read your own posts as much as ours before you respond.

I literally have no idea what you are talking about

You seemed to be crtiticising me for belittling Yousafzai, when I did the complete opposite as she is cool and actually does things

"She (Yousafzai) is different.

She is an actual active activist, and was not a teen celebrity"

and then are going on about me having a war about girls.
 
I literally have no idea what you are talking about

You seemed to be crtiticising me for belittling Yousafzai, when I did the complete opposite as she is cool and actually does things

"She (Yousafzai) is different.

She is an actual active activist, and was not a teen celebrity"

and then are going on about me having a war about girls.
Girl activists.
Are you misquoting deliberately, or just skimming post so fast to react that you are missing the salient points in others’ posts?

And yes, that does seem to be your position here - shooting down the messenger (girl activist) - as well as the message.
At least the attitude towards them it is OT, I’ll grant you that.
 
Girl activists.
Are you misquoting deliberately, or just skimming post so fast to react that you are missing the salient points in others’ posts?

And yes, that does seem to be your position here - shooting down the messenger (girl activist) - as well as the message.
At least the attitude towards them it is OT, I’ll grant you that.

Last time I checked Yousafzai was a girl activist who I gave big ups to compared to Greta

If this is bad I apologise.

Just admit you misread the post, or blame me for incoherent posts.

I don't care.

If it helps I have never said activists are bad depending on circumstances
 
Actually you could join lionking who I assume is searching frantically for quotes he offered he won't find as I haven't done any, as it is just his weird reading, finding posts where I say all activism is bad.

Good luck with that.
 
She chose to expose herself to public scrutiny and hopefully cash in. Much like running for political office..
You;ll be providing evidence for this assertion of course?
:rolleyes:

And before people give the "she is only 16" defence, you were claiming she was a child genius who has thoroughly research climate change a few pages ago.
You're lying again.
 
Whenever anyone questioned her knowledge on the subject at 16 was enough to warrant the adulation, we were informed she may have been extremely well read on it even at 16.
Again, you seem to be having problems with reality.
:rolleyes:

So if "catastrophe" message is so extreme and relevant and serious, why are they using a 16 year old?
Who are "they" and where is the evidence "they" are "using" her?
:rolleyes:

No one here is using her as a source of knowledge on global warming. In fact she tells people not to do that.
You'll be expecting posters here to remember what they've said in the past next...
 
Again, you seem to be having problems with reality.
:rolleyes:


Who are "they" and where is the evidence "they" are "using" her?
:rolleyes:


You'll be expecting posters here to remember what they've said in the past next...


This is what we call selective quoting out of context of other posts,

Having said that I will cop the lionking saying child genius one as ******** from myself as he nver said it reviewing my own posts

Maybe you could post links to show what people were replying to otherwise.

As your points seem a tad pointless without context
 
Last edited:
Her parents apparently. A piss poor conspiracy by any measure.

No again

You really can't help yourself can you.

"A large part"

How hard is it to actually read peoples posts.

I take it you failed your promise to me?

To quote my posts which confirmed your claim
 
You might want to look up the definition of the word child. Around here, it legally refers to anyone under the age of 19.


I mentioned this before. "Around here" the legal age of majority is 16. We'd be letting her vote, get married and inherit property without the need for a trustee, and trying her as an adult if she committed a crime. I'm honestly not sure what the age of majority is in Sweden, but considering that there are countries in which someone of her age is considered to be a legal adult, describing her as a "child" seems perverse.
 
I mentioned this before. "Around here" the legal age of majority is 16. We'd be letting her vote, get married and inherit property without the need for a trustee, and trying her as an adult if she committed a crime. I'm honestly not sure what the age of majority is in Sweden, but considering that there are countries in which someone of her age is considered to be a legal adult, describing her as a "child" seems perverse.

In this thread not perverse but dismissive. “How dare a child make me feel uncomfortable”. Disgusting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom