• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malala Yousafzai is now 22 and recently addressed the G7 in Paris.
Her foundation is still going strong.

But of course she founded it with her father's help in 2014 when she was only 17.
Obviously she's been exploited by manipulative parents and other (mostly white) adults on the board and staff of the foundation ever since...

Malala is actually doing something, not just lecturing people. And compare her life story to Greta’s whining about having her childhood and her dreams stolen. No, Greta, your life has been pretty easy, and will likely stay that way.
 
In what is finding out what the scientists are saying not educating yourself?

Walking around chanting protest about climate change, to get out of school, carrying plastic signs and plastic phones, wearing mass coal burning China made designer clothing, while the girls are wearing oil based make-up, for a few hours and then getting in a gas gussling car to get home, is finding out what scientists are saying?

Finding out what scientists are saying is done at school, which they are trying to avoid for the day.
 
Educate me

I am open to your different interpretation.
You're the one who's making claims. You need to provide evidence that she's protesting in order to get out of school. You need to provide evidence that she's wearing Chinese made clothing and wearing oil-based makeup. Otherwise you're just shouting at clouds.
 
You're the one who's making claims. You need to provide evidence that she's protesting in order to get out of school. You need to provide evidence that she's wearing Chinese made clothing and wearing oil-based makeup. Otherwise you're just shouting at clouds.

Ahh

I apologise for not being clear enough.

I am talking about all the students that are going on mass school strikes under her name.

She herself may irritate me in the way she comes across, but to give her a bit of kudos, she walks the walk personally.
 
"Under her name" is an odd way of putting it, but I will accept your clarification. Have you actually spoken with any of the people at one of the climate strikes? If you haven't, I recommend you do. You may find it illuminating.
 
"Under her name" is an odd way of putting it, but I will accept your clarification. Have you actually spoken with any of the people at one of the climate strikes? If you haven't, I recommend you do. You may find it illuminating.

Heard quite a few interviews with the organisers of them.

Seem fairly normal kids who are scared.

I was down the road from the last big one in Wellington at parliament, but didn't bother going when I saw certain political parties and unions had turned up to "show support and speak", which is short code for "Trying to cynically use it to get votes when they can and indoctrinate them into joining unions"
 
Heard quite a few interviews with the organisers of them.



Seem fairly normal kids who are scared.



I was down the road from the last big one in Wellington at parliament, but didn't bother going when I saw certain political parties and unions had turned up to "show support and speak", which is short code for "Trying to cynically use it to get votes when they can and indoctrinate them into joining unions"
When I was a kid I was terrified of burning in hell. We can do something about global warming.
 
When I was a kid I was terrified of burning in hell. We can do something about global warming.

Every generation has their terrifying thing

War
Communism
Nuclear War
Global warming
Climate change - Same thing under a different name

We like a few other places had a massive earthquakes and erupting volcanoes phase
 
Heard quite a few interviews with the organisers of them.

Seem fairly normal kids who are scared.

I was down the road from the last big one in Wellington at parliament, but didn't bother going when I saw certain political parties and unions had turned up to "show support and speak", which is short code for "Trying to cynically use it to get votes when they can and indoctrinate them into joining unions"

This conspiracy of yours is getting bigger and bigger. Unions and your Labor Party involved now to brainwash children to vote for them. ******* ludicrous.

Know what? I don’t believe for one second that you had any intention of going to the Wellington march.

I also don’t believe you have any real contact with young people, so I reject your contrived opinion that they are sacred.

My youngest daughter was with the 100,000-150,000 who marched in Melbourne. She described marchers as determined, committed and passionate. You think people won’t change votes, or don’t really care. I’ve been rusted on Labor my entire life. Next election I will be voting Green entirely because of this movement.
 
Every generation has their terrifying thing

War
Communism
Nuclear War
Global warming
Climate change - Same thing under a different name
We like a few other places had a massive earthquakes and erupting volcanoes phase

This nonsense of yours is getting very tiresome and reflects an AGW denier mentality.
 
This conspiracy of yours is getting bigger and bigger. Unions and your Labor Party involved now to brainwash children to vote for them. ******* ludicrous.

Know what? I don’t believe for one second that you had any intention of going to the Wellington march.

I also don’t believe you have any real contact with young people, so I reject your contrived opinion that they are sacred.

My youngest daughter was with the 100,000-150,000 who marched in Melbourne. She described marchers as determined, committed and passionate. You think people won’t change votes, or don’t really care. I’ve been rusted on Labor my entire life. Next election I will be voting Green entirely because of this movement.

That is lovely and that, but was talking about our Green Party
 
This nonsense of yours is getting very tiresome and reflects an AGW denier mentality.

Well no it doesn't because I have spent the whole thread saying I believe AGW is involved.

I am getting slightly annoyed now with you lying about what I post.

This is a minor one. The rest have not been.

For the third time please stop.
 
She is different.

She is an actual active activist, and was not a teen celebrity
WHAT!!!????

In fact WTF !!!???.

She was one of the most famous teenagers on the planet!
Time magazine listed her as one of the most influential people globally for 3 years running.
She received a Nobel Peace prize at 17 FFS.

All in her teen years.
 
WHAT!!!????

In fact WTF !!!???.

She was one of the most famous teenagers on the planet!
Time magazine listed her as one of the most influential people globally for 3 years running.
She received a Nobel Peace prize at 17 FFS.

All in her teen years.


Not sure what your point is.

I was agreeing with you
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom