• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Greta Thunberg - brave campaigner or deeply disturbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like politicians then.

You just can’t stand the fact that millions are listening to her and are starting to ask awkward questions of world leaders. You are in good company. Trump and Morrison feel the same.

I don't really care how many people are listening to her.

I have already said what my only problem is with the extremists message is.
 
When the ship is about to hit the iceberg, extreme measures are appropriate.
Her message is only extreme because to many people who haven't been listening to years and years of scientis's warnings.
When your spouse seemingly out of the blue shouts at you, chances are you haven't been paying attention.
 
Probably been posted already, but the thread has gotten to big for me to trawl through, to look.

Far out.

And before people give the "she is only 16" defence, you were claiming she was a child genius who has thoroughly research climate change a few pages ago.

Who said she was a genius? Who said it was her genius that everyone was following? :rolleyes:

Sorry dude, that's pure BS. It's her sincerity and her straightforward message.
 
Who said she was a genius? Who said it was her genius that everyone was following? :rolleyes:

Sorry dude, that's pure BS. It's her sincerity and her straightforward message.

Whenever anyone questioned her knowledge on the subject at 16 was enough to warrant the adulation, we were informed she may have been extremely well read on it even at 16.

I am hoping you actually remember this as I think you were one of them and I can't be bothered trawling through the thread since it has been split in half.
 
When the ship is about to hit the iceberg, extreme measures are appropriate.
Her message is only extreme because to many people who haven't been listening to years and years of scientis's warnings.
When your spouse seemingly out of the blue shouts at you, chances are you haven't been paying attention.

So if "catastrophe" message is so extreme and relevant and serious, why are they using a 16 year old?
 
It just looks a bit like if she is asked a basic question rather than reading a script it tends to turn a bit pear shaped.

Based on a video clip of a single curt answer to one question?

The UNICEF panel was one of the events already planned for her UN trip, it wasn't sprung on her (or, by insinuation, her presumed "handlers") all sudden-like. If she had a "script" for any other public appearance during the UN trip, she would've had one for this panel too.
 
Last edited:
Whenever anyone questioned her knowledge on the subject at 16 was enough to warrant the adulation, we were informed she may have been extremely well read on it even at 16.

I am hoping you actually remember this as I think you were one of them and I can't be bothered trawling through the thread since it has been split in half.
I remember what I've said about Greta. You don't want to hunt down a quote because you probably know you have a false memory about it.
 
Whenever anyone questioned her knowledge on the subject at 16 was enough to warrant the adulation, we were informed she may have been extremely well read on it even at 16.



I am hoping you actually remember this as I think you were one of them and I can't be bothered trawling through the thread since it has been split in half.
No one here is using her as a source of knowledge on global warming. In fact she tells people not to do that.
 
1) I haven't

I have only labelled Greta's lot

Greta is just repeating what climate scientists are saying an publishing. Your objections are based on pseudo-scientific nonsense.

2) By their very nature you examples of computer modeling are dealing with the unpredictability of weather.

Nope. Weather is chaotic behavior superimposed on an eminently predictable underlying trend called climate. Climate models predict the later, not the former so the unpredictability of weather is irrelevant.
 
I never said anything of the sort.

You suggested published peer reviewed science can't be trusted because scientists are manipulating the data to get research money. This is about as strong an anti-science stance as you can take because it implies that ALL peer reviews science can be dismissed out of hand.
 
More posts moved to AAH. To remind you of the recent mod box:
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: zooterkin


The membership will note that a huge number of posts - 88 - were moved to AAH. Many involved climate change and may have been acceptable in that thread, but are off-topic in this one. Those were sent to AAH because they were so intertwined with sniping and incivility that sussing them out would have been a huge drain on moderator time. Further off-topic discussions or incivility will be actioned more harshly. Please stick to the topic. If your post only deals with climate change, amelioration, and how the US fits in with other countries, they are off topic. If you post insults another member, it is uncivil. Infractions and harsher mod action will follow. This is an official mod warning.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: Loss Leader
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom