• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Stormy Daniels Sues the President

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said a lot of things. The daughter crack (how convenient, we all know he wants his daughter, right?). The mysterious threat in a dark parking lot - "Be a shame if something happened to your [the mother of that] little girl..." What is this, The Godfather? That right there made me question a lot of other things she said.
It would help if you got that right.

And she has evidence of some sort, we keep hearing this , bla bla. I think we are being had as far as the promised evidence is concerned. I think we've seen all there is to see.

Of course she wasn't up there to screw him, oh no. She did it anyways though she said, even though she was supposedly disgusted by him and didn't really want to. Poor thing. Just an innocent porn star looking to get on some rich guy's TV show.

tl;dr
I do not believe everything she says.
And you believe Trump? :jaw-dropp
 
Oof, not sure how you managed to get that so wrong.

a. gives him original jurisdiction over a specific factual scenario, here Russia.


No. a. gives the SC jurisdiction over whatever is in the original memorandum. The original memorandum in this case is so broad that Mueller has the authority to dig into anything he uncovers whether specifically related to the original scope of the investigation.
And you know that. Why are you pretending otherwise?

He's following the instructions, to the letter.

(a)Original jurisdiction. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall be established by the Attorney General. The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

Now show the class, comparing a., above, with the very broad scope of the original instructions. He was given just about blanket authority to look into anything they uncovered, on any topic.


b. says that if he comes across something not within his original jurisdiction, he has to go back to the AG (here the next in line) to get more jurisdiction or have it farmed out (which is EXACTLY what happened here)

Yep. And that's what he/they did. You have a problem with this or are you waiting for the mail man to deliver your "Learn to Lawyer Real Good" chapter on this?

4c, whether a beauty or not deals with CIVIL matters.

Awww, how cute. Did you leave out the other part of the header to 4c hoping that no one would check it out? It deals with Civil and ADMINISTRATIVE jurisdiction. Read the text and stop blowing smoke.
(c)Civil and administrative jurisdiction. If in the course of his or her investigation the Special Counsel determines that administrative remedies, civil sanctions or other governmental action outside the criminal justice system might be appropriate, he or she shall consult with the Attorney General with respect to the appropriate component to take any necessary action. A Special Counsel shall not have civil or administrative authority unless specifically granted such jurisdiction by the Attorney General.

So three strikes....
Two spitters and a ball in the dirt, actually..

You know what it doesn't give him jurisdiction to do? Rope in the SDNY to work as part of his team.
Wrong again. Color me green and call me an artichoke! 600.4b clearly gives the AG (ass't AG in this case) the authority to refer it to anyone in or outside of the SC office.
(b)Additional jurisdiction. If in the course of his or her investigation the Special Counsel concludes that additional jurisdiction beyond that specified in his or her original jurisdiction is necessary in order to fully investigate and resolve the matters assigned, or to investigate new matters that come to light in the course of his or her investigation, he or she shall consult with the Attorney General, who will determine whether to include the additional matters within the Special Counsel's jurisdiction or assign them elsewhere.

C'mon folks, this idea came from Seth Abramson, the poet, of course it is *********** wrong.

Yeah, we know about your obsession with Seth. It doesn't matter if Quasimodo, Seth Abramson or Lucy The Duck Girl reported it. You're pretending to cite the US Code and you are blatantly misrepresenting the contents. I've linked to the text of 28 CFR 600.4 (a, b, c). I've included the actual wording here for your convenience (and/or so you can hoist yourself on your own petard and continue making **** up).

In the words of the dear departed ElfGrinder....

Boom! Headshot!
 
Ah, right. So that's OK, then.
Yeah, actually. Considering all the lies and disrespect for others Melania has spouted, why not? She claimed to have a degree and to never have worked on her tourist visa. She dissed undocumented immigrants saying she was better than them. What should she have expected?
 
600.4b clearly gives the AG (ass't AG in this case) the authority to refer it to anyone in or outside of the SC office.

HI! I could only get through a tiny bit of that nonsense. Like this: "Color me green and call me an artichoke!" I mean, really?

Oh well, I picked the following sentence which I have quoted above.

I said that it doesn't give Mueller the ability to rope in the SDNY and you said that it gives the assistant AG the power, which is exactly what I said.

I read a little bit of the rest, but it was so polluted with cutsey little flourishes that in addition to being wrong it is virtually unreadable.
 
This is why

I am still trying to work out how if you are in a legal dispute with someone it is beneficial to your civil case for you to be under criminal investigation about matters related to your dispute. I can see how it might slow things down, but that is about the limit of it.

It is not beneficial to Stormy's case in the slightest.
 
That actually depends: if he was seeking Cohen's advice, then yes, it would be protected.
If he was bragging about it not.
But it is very unlikely that Cohen would have any notes on such meetings.

The point ponderingturtle was making was brought up earlier with a cite of the law, if the attorney is conspiring with the client to break the law (ie together) then there is no A-C privilege.
 
HI! I could only get through a tiny bit of that nonsense. Like this: "Color me green and call me an artichoke!" I mean, really?

Oh well, I picked the following sentence which I have quoted above.

I said that it doesn't give Mueller the ability to rope in the SDNY and you said that it gives the assistant AG the power, which is exactly what I said.

I read a little bit of the rest, but it was so polluted with cutsey little flourishes that in addition to being wrong it is virtually unreadable.

You have convenient lapses in comprehension, don't you? Answer the points I raised. Or in the vein of Tailgunner Joe,

"Are you now or were you ever actually able to understand the text of the USC portions you have so grossly misinterpreted?"

You have it arse end backwards. The scope of 28CFR 600.4 is not limiting; it's to give as much expansion to their powers as possible.
 
HI! I could only get through a tiny bit of that nonsense. Like this: "Color me green and call me an artichoke!" I mean, really?

Oh well, I picked the following sentence which I have quoted above.

I said that it doesn't give Mueller the ability to rope in the SDNY and you said that it gives the assistant AG the power, which is exactly what I said.

I read a little bit of the rest, but it was so polluted with cutsey little flourishes that in addition to being wrong it is virtually unreadable.

'Oh my GOD! He brought facts into the discussion. I must put fingers in my ears. Can't let any of that truth sink in!'
 
You have convenient lapses in comprehension, don't you? Answer the points I raised. Or in the vein of Tailgunner Joe,

"Are you now or were you ever actually able to understand the text of the USC portions you have so grossly misinterpreted?"

You have it arse end backwards. The scope of 28CFR 600.4 is not limiting; it's to give as much expansion to their powers as possible.

Sure, all your points are wrong and unintelligible.

Your contention that 600.4 gives the Special Counsel "as much expansion to their powers as possible" is blatantly false on its face, in fact you just said in one of the only clear statements in your posts that the Asst AG has to have brought in the SDNY because Mueller does not have the power to do it.

Think about that for a second, and perhaps the fact that you decimated your own argument will cause the scales to fall from your eyes.
 
The point ponderingturtle was making was brought up earlier with a cite of the law, if the attorney is conspiring with the client to break the law (ie together) then there is no A-C privilege.

I find that clients tend to think A-C privilege is much greater than it actually is. It is something I harp on with my clients. Call me first. Email and text should be reserved for things you want printed as exhibits.

You have convenient lapses in comprehension, don't you? Answer the points I raised. Or in the vein of Tailgunner Joe,

"Are you now or were you ever actually able to understand the text of the USC portions you have so grossly misinterpreted?"

You have it arse end backwards. The scope of 28CFR 600.4 is not limiting; it's to give as much expansion to their powers as possible.

And Rosenstein basically gave an open-ended "Original Jurisdiction" that Mueller could ride all over DC on. "[A]ny matters that arose or may directly arise from the investigation" is about as broad as he could go, I suppose.
 
And Rosenstein basically gave an open-ended "Original Jurisdiction" that Mueller could ride all over DC on. "[A]ny matters that arose or may directly arise from the investigation" is about as broad as he could go, I suppose.

That is just Silly, the specific facts were outlined in the preceding paragraph and are limited by 600.4

But lets lay our cards down: do you think that Mueller had the jurisdiction to bring in the SDNY on his own, or do you think he acted in accordance with 600.4a or that he referred it to the AAG in accordance with 600.4b?

protip: it was a referral
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom