catsmate
No longer the 1
- Joined
- Apr 9, 2007
- Messages
- 36,913
It's a myth. US coal plants spew out carbon dioxide, sulphur and nitrogen oxides and other pollutants (like mercury).What is your objection to clean coal?
It's a myth. US coal plants spew out carbon dioxide, sulphur and nitrogen oxides and other pollutants (like mercury).What is your objection to clean coal?
Because they're desperately trying to divert attention? Or hope to gain some of the subsidies in the offing?I've known a number of people who think "clean coal" is clean - or why would they call it that?
So Donald apparently tried to have Bill's alleged victims sit in the family box and confront him.
The debate commission said no.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...clintons-accusers-in-family-box-was-thwarted/
It wouldn't have worked.Well the commission has balls. Who would have thought.
Part of me wanted to see this Trump gambit though. It would have been great theatre, and I'm convinced Hillary, being prepared, would have made mincemeat of these women.
I think Kellyanne is very good at her job. Her problem is that she has an absolute trash candidate and there is no good way to defend him. Sometimes I kind of feel sorry for her then I realize that she chose to work for Donald and probably gets paid very well for it.
Chris Matthews: So you're with the campaign to the bitter end?
Kellyanne: I'm with the campaign to the bitter end, unless... *blinks, then freezes*
CM: Unless what?
KC: uh, I’m sitting here as his campaign manager. I'm sitting here with you in the debate hall where he performed beautifully.
It wouldn't have worked.
It has the stentch of desperation.
Clinton is to good to give a ****.
LOL, didn't see that one.The post-debate interview with her contained an interesting bit.
Unless what?
Unless he assaults me too?
Unless that video of him stomping on puppies gets released?
Lol I knowWe agree. After how many posts?![]()
I have an embarrassing drunk uncle. He would be a better President than Donald. I am not joking.I think Americans may think differently, but from here he is starting to look like the embarrassing drunk uncle at family parties people put up with but make excuses to avoid
I have an embarrassing drunk uncle. He would be a better President than Donald. I am not joking.
TBF....Hey, hang on. What's wrong with an embarrassing drunk uncle? I've played that role quite successfully more than once......
So Donald apparently tried to have Bill's alleged victims sit in the family box and confront him.
The debate commission said no.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...clintons-accusers-in-family-box-was-thwarted/
If the seizures don't help there's always a Second Amendment solution.An excellent choice for the role. And Roberts does have a history of seizures.
Seriously: you suggest Obama for Chief Justice? That would guaranteed have all of the GOP in a seizure.Good they thwarted that plan. The fourth was Kathy Shelton, a woman who was allegedly raped when she was 12 and Hillary acted as public defender for the accused. Kathy Shelton until a few years ago didn't even know Hillary was the defender.
One of the pundits compared it to Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych who threw Yulia Timoshenko in jail first thing he was in office.The biggest thing CNN is talking about is Donald threatening about throwing Hillary in jail and how this isn't something closer to authoritarian regimes than a democracy.
LOL, didn't see that one.
Unless the rumors of there being worse Donald recordings turn out to be true?
Good they thwarted that plan. The fourth was Kathy Shelton, a woman who was allegedly raped when she was 12 and Hillary acted as public defender for the accused. Kathy Shelton until a few years ago didn't even know Hillary was the defender.
It is only an issue for right wingers who don't believe in the constitution.Bolding mine.
Presumably that was her job?
If so, how is that even an issue? In the court adversarial system, if you're the defence attorney you have to defend the accused to the best of your ability even if you think he's a guilty scumbag. That's how the system is designed to work.
IANAL - or whatever the abbreviation is...so happy to be corrected.