ddt
Mafia Penguin
I agree on both counts.And after it's over and sixty million or more viewers turn off their tellies? It's Reagan time? The slickest performer and most believable actor wins?
For that format to be acceptable, I want them sitting in a wading pool holding and exposed, but dead, 220 v cable that is hooked up to a fact checker. Without moderators, the best liar wins. That's the problem with people saying the moderators should butt out. The moderators should call out blatant lies and refusals to address the questions.
It's a "news" broadcast. News connotes journalism. Journalism is supposed to be a search for the truth, isn't it?
As further measure, I'd like to see that a candidate who drifts off from the question gets a time penalty on his next question. 10 seconds for the first evasion, 20 for the second, etc.
Mod Please comment on your "grab them by the pussy" comment, Mr. Trump?
Trump. I'm sorry that video clip got out there, and we have to combat ISIS.
Mod. This question is not about ISIS but about your attitude to women. 10 seconds penalty.
Trump. But ISIS is really bad.
Mod. 20 second penalty. Your view on women, Mr. Trump?
...
Mod. What do you think about healthcare reform, Mr Trump? Due to your evasions, you have 30 seconds to answer.
Alternatively, wiring the candidates to live 10kV would also do the trick. I don't see the problem with that as Trump loves torture (and he's the only one who evaded questions).
BTW, has anyone caught the irony of Trump trying to deflect combating ISIS? I don't understand his issue with ISIS, after all they're in perfect agreement as to treatment of women, viz. as chattel.