Fonebone
persona non grata
No apologies required ferd, A little levity is sometimes constructive if good-natured.My apologies, Fonebone, my response to your OP was rude.
I do have a favor to ask of you if you please.
No apologies required ferd, A little levity is sometimes constructive if good-natured.My apologies, Fonebone, my response to your OP was rude.
I disagree. Perhaps I failed to make myself clear in the OP but the fact that you didn't view the supplied link isWhile I still don't know what the OP is talking about (because he didn't talk about it, but mindlessly linked to a faceybooky post),
I had once visited an beautiful little town in South America that had absolutely zero litter or cigarette butts anywhere in the village.I think peer pressure is a good descriptor.
All positive and laudable virtues. Personally, I do not smoke cigarettes and I'm nauseous anywhere near second hand smoke.My peers are those who value science, individual well-being, and the common good. I want them to pressure me to do what is scientificly sound, to my personal benefit, and in the interests of the common good.
Abide by the constitution and mind your own business and I will do likewise.If they have to beat me over the head with it like a weapon (it is needed on occasion), that's cool
Be careful what you wish for. Weapons in the hands of madmen can be harnessed and abused.Weaponize that action.
My aunt's pen is on the table.La plume de ma tante est sur la table.
We love each other, we're siblings. Draw your own conclusions about sibling love.It's always nice to see our Nordic members show such unity
Abide by the constitution and mind your own business and I will do likewise.
Be careful what you wish for. Weapons in the hands of madmen can be harnessed and abused.
mais ou est le maison de fromage?La plume de ma tante est sur la table.
We share it with the French …I thought it was the Danes who had a nonsensical number system.
And I guess there are remnants in English, too. "Three score years and ten" probably being the most well known exampleWe share it with the French …
Oh no, you're not getting off easy; you're far worse than the FrenchWe share it with the French …
Or "four and twenty blackbirds".And I guess there are remnants in English, too. "Three score years and ten" probably being the most well known example
It is halfway to the next score. What's so difficult about it?Oh no, you're not getting off easy; you're far worse than the FrenchThat whole halvtreds/halvfjerds/halvfems thingy? Not even the French are that perverted!
Not the same, because "four and twenty" is just a way of saying "twenty four" in a way that fits into a poetic metre. "Four score and ten" is counting twenty as one thing which doesn't fit in with our decimal number system.Or "four and twenty blackbirds".
Trying to wriggle your way out of it, are you? To any decent, self-respecting person, halvtreds would be 30, not 50, halvfjerds 40, not 70, and halvfems 50, not 90!It is halfway to the next score. What's so difficult about it?
But jokes aside, at school back in the previous century, we learned to use numbers like femtito, or ottini for use when filling out cheques, or in conversation with our Nordic brethren. I wonder if children still learns that.
There's a number for that, it's called "ten". Which is a useful number because of the number of digits that most people have on their hands without using their toes.It is halfway to the next score. What's so difficult about it?
See, you use the conventional system when you need to, and write the numbers in base ten. (Something that makes sense with Arabic numerals but not Roman)But jokes aside, at school back in the previous century, we learned to use numbers like femtito, or ottini for use when filling out cheques, or in conversation with our Nordic brethren. I wonder if children still learns that.
Not even the French are that perverted!