• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
Good morning The Greater Fool
That sounds like crazy talk!

[Walks away laughing to self]
read before voting... crazy talk
[shakes head]
I know. Unfortunately it's more like the scene from "The Dead Zone"
Greg Stillson: Put your hand on the scanning screen, and you'll go down in history with me!

Five Star General: As what? The world's greatest mass murderers?

Greg Stillson: You cowardly bastard! You're not the voice of the people, I am the voice of the people! The people speak through me, not you!
 
As I posted above, I don't care for Comey. I thought his rewriting the meaning of "negligence" to require "intent" with respect to Clinton's mishandling of classified materials was either incompetent or politically motivated. But I just heard Comey found out about his dismissal while in the middle of giving a speech when the TV in the background ran headline across the screen behind him. If accurate, that's pretty cold. I don't mind that he's out, and Democrats are acting like political hypocrites as usual. But an FBI director deserves better treatment when being dismissed.
And as others, including me, have posted above, sentiment against Comey - Democrat, Republican, or Bull Moose - is not a factor in the reaction to this matter.
 
the whole narrative is false and you know it.

Do you honestly believe Trump is in cohoots with Russia? Flynn (fired by Trump) investigation and indeed every liberal media outlet is just dying to undermine Trump's presidency, it's as simple as that. But go ahead, keep lapping it up.
Yeah, no.
 
the whole narrative is false and you know it.

Are you joking? The FBI's conducting an investigation in the matter and seemed poised to up their efforts, and apparently everybody involved in the administration has unusual ties with Russia or Putin personally. Add the hacking incident and Trump's fawning over Putin, and you don't find that a tad suspicious?
 
If Obama had let him go, there would have been charges that he was stalling the Clinton investigation. No matter who let him go or when they did it, there was going to be a backlash because that's the way partisan politics works.

The only question that matters to me is: Did Comey deserve to be fired? If the answer is, "yes," then Trump did the right thing.

Sorry, but that is nonsense.

Motive matters in cases like obstruction. If Trump fired Comey because he wanted to slow the investigation then he did not do the right thing, whether or not Comey had done something months ago that deserved firing.
 
Got any evidence for that?

Given your posting history, how exactly you work out that most people agree with you should be entertaining.
I believe our little friend is saying: "Why would I do that [i.e. leave the US]? I love it here [in the US]. Most [people in the US] agree with me."

He's wrong, of course, but it looks like what he was trying to say.
 
This is an important part of it. Rumor is that Guliani is going to be offered Comey's position. Denying it now, but reports say that's been pushed in the White House.

Correction... Guliani is an unlikely choice for a rational, non-scumbag president. Given the rather incredible level of hypocrisy, deceit and incompetence coming from the Trump administration, and the rather questionable individuals Trump has appointed so far, Trump would have no problem appointing Guliani.
I honestly believe NOBODY would be so dumb as to suggest Rudy. Even Trump (or Priebus or Bannon or Miller or...) can surely see the howl that would ensue. My theory would be that any noise about Rudy is a smoke screen for someone else.
 
That'd be horrifying. Trump's fond of David Clarke isn't he?

He'd be worse than Arpaio.

Taking the opportunity to post a few things I've been hearing on Twitter (not my usual preferred news source, but I do follow it occasionally). I follow a few people who are ex govt or who retweet people who are. I also "bunny trail" from their feeds to other interesting tweets I find there.

I emphasize (for pedants and the passive-aggressive types) that all of this is rumor at this point, barring any further evidence to come.

In summary:
  • Comey firing timed deliberately to catch him out of office and to gain immediate access to his files.
  • Rank and file agents livid over firing
  • Comey not as flat-footed as reports claim. Knew it was coming but they acted faster than he expected.
  • Comey (or his representatives) seen repeatedly in the Federal District Court of Eastern VA, which has a reputation as a "rocket docket" (court of choice for LE seeking very fast processing of warrants, etc)
  • Multiple arrests possible soon. Comey was hoping to use them to flip one or more minions against Trump.

Essentially, it seems to be a footrace to get public arrests/indictments before Trump can select a minion to shut things down.

Again, this is what the accounts I follow are saying and nothing has been confirmed by more public sources AFAIK.
 
You can't be this obtuse. Nobody cares about Comey. It's the obstruction of justice. It is the independence of the office. I do think Comey should have been fired for inserting himself in an election at that time. Not in an effort to derail any investigation. Trump firing Comey at this time reeks of corruption.

Many criminal conspiracies are solved when one of those in on it cracks and turns states evidence because the others did him dirty. Something Trump may yet come to regret not keeping in mind.
 
the whole narrative is false and you know it.

Do you honestly believe Trump is in cohoots with Russia? Flynn (fired by Trump) investigation and indeed every liberal media outlet is just dying to undermine Trump's presidency, it's as simple as that. But go ahead, keep lapping it up.

Depends on what you mean by "cohoots."

I wouldn't be surprised either way if Trump, himself, was involved or knew about the email hacks ahead of time. I think it's very likely that Giuliani and Stone and others were in contact with people one or two steps removed from the hackers.

I do think that the longer the investigation goes, the more we will find Russian money all over Trump's business interests. That's where the corruption is going to be. That's where Russia's leverage is going to be. That will explain things like demanding the Republican platform be changed...
 
But I am also enjoying watching Democrats fall over themselves to explain how Trump's firing Comey now is, like, totally different from when they were calling for his head just a few weeks ago, man.

A few weeks? Get serious. Try about 8 months ago.

The fact that Trump is President and doing the firing makes it totally different. Obama should have fired Comey the day after his testimony.
 
I honestly believe NOBODY would be so dumb as to suggest Rudy. Even Trump (or Priebus or Bannon or Miller or...) can surely see the howl that would ensue. My theory would be that any noise about Rudy is a smoke screen for someone else.

Well, the report I read was based on discussion from the White House, so those morons are dumb enough to suggest it.

You may be right about the smokescreen, but, for instance, reports indicate that the White House is actually, really, legitimately, truly SURPRISED about the negative fallout from firing Comey.

I just don't think we can ever say, "Surely they're not that dumb..." with any level of confidence.
 
Last edited:
What made it so urgent now that the hellbeast couldn't even wait to do it in person, you know, in a civilized fashion?

As I said above, the theory is that they wanted Comey out of the office so they could get immediate and unsupervised access to his computer and files.
 
The Democrat's love-hate-love merry-go-round relationship with Comey is obviously politically motivated and quite amusing to watch.

"Comey may not know the definition of 'negligence' but he's the best FBI director ever!"
-- [Democrats before the election]

"Comey should be fired immediately! He's the worst FBI director ever!"
-- [Democrats after the election]

"Yes, yes, Comey is totally incompetent. But it's completely unfair that he was actually fired as we've been insisting ever since the election."
-- [Democrats now]

Instead of cheap generalized brackets, why not use actual quotes? Maybe because you can't find them?
 
Many criminal conspiracies are solved when one of those in on it cracks and turns states evidence because the others did him dirty. Something Trump may yet come to regret not keeping in mind.

Which reminds me - when is the first tell-all book coming out? (And who writes it?)
 
It's been reported that Trump has been fuming ever since Comey's testimony, and that POTUS Big Baby was particularly set off by...
It makes me mildly nauseous that we would have had an impact on the election.

I don't blame Trump to be upset by this quote. "Nauseous" is the wrong word. Comey meant "nauseated".

Trump, knowing all the best words, must have been infuriated at this common misuse.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom