• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
His letter is nothing short of scathing. Why wouldn't it be the grounds for firing?

He literally talks about how serious it is to fire the director right before he says the director can't fix himself. Rubenstein has nothing to complain about.
Regardless how scathing, and regardless that Rosenstein might be sincere, it appears he was used in a kabuki show.
 
Last edited:
I mentioned this in a previous post, but I do (tend to) think that Rosenstein's memo was sincere, and Trump may have simply seen it as a convenient pretext. I really don't know what Trump was thinking except that it may have been a rash, impulsive move. And instead of letting Comey exit a little more gracefully, he was simply unceremoniously fired and found out about it on TV.


As I posted above, I don't care for Comey. I thought his rewriting the meaning of "negligence" to require "intent" with respect to Clinton's mishandling of classified materials was either incompetent or politically motivated. But I just heard Comey found out about his dismissal while in the middle of giving a speech when the TV in the background ran headline across the screen behind him. If accurate, that's pretty cold. I don't mind that he's out, and Democrats are acting like political hypocrites as usual. But an FBI director deserves better treatment when being dismissed.
 
Last edited:
As I posted above, I don't care for Comey. I thought his rewriting the meaning of "negligence" to require "intent" with respect to Clinton's mishandling of classified materials was either incompetent or politically motivated. But I just heard Comey found out about his dismissal while in the middle of giving a speech when the "TV" in the background ran headline across the screen behind him. If accurate, that's pretty cold. I don't mind that he's out, and Democrats are acting like political hypocrites as usual. But an FBI director deserves better treatment when being dismissed.

There is nothing hypocritical given Trump's real motives for firing Comey.
 
No, you can't. His mission was to drum up a reason. He succeeded.

You're assuming he was actually told that he was looking for a reason to fire Comey. Which is to say, you're expecting one of the few Toupee Fiasco loyalists who knew about this to be telling the truth about how this all went down, in an anonymous leak.

That's not a very good bet.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if they asked him for a writeup on what Comey did wrong in his Clinton announcements, and then used it as pretext without telling him about their plan.

Regardless, another example of the clown president being his own worst enemy.
 
You're assuming he was actually told that he was looking for a reason to fire Comey. Which is to say, you're expecting one of the few Toupee Fiasco loyalists who knew about this to be telling the truth about how this all went down, in an anonymous leak.

That's not a very good bet.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if they asked him for a writeup on what Comey did wrong in his Clinton announcements, and then used it as pretext without telling him about their plan.

Regardless, another example of the clown president being his own worst enemy.

Good point.
 
It's been reported that Trump has been fuming ever since Comey's testimony, and that POTUS Big Baby was particularly set off by...

Comey said:
It makes me mildly nauseous that we would have had an impact on the election.
 
You're assuming he was actually told that he was looking for a reason to fire Comey. Which is to say, you're expecting one of the few Toupee Fiasco loyalists who knew about this to be telling the truth about how this all went down, in an anonymous leak.

That's not a very good bet.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if they asked him for a writeup on what Comey did wrong in his Clinton announcements, and then used it as pretext without telling him about their plan.

Regardless, another example of the clown president being his own worst enemy.

One problem. He specifically calls out how serious it is to fire him and then says come can't fix the bureau. If he didn't have direction to find an offense worth firing, he said he should be fired by his own choice.
 
"Kinda?" He totally would have deserved it, and I would have said that the hellbeast occupying the Oval Office did something smart. I might even have thought there was a small chance for him to be serious about "draining the swamp." The hope would have proven false of course but, when it comes down to it, President Obama should have taken Comey out himself.


The irony there is if he had the Republicans would be screaming from the rooftops about how politically motivated and vindictive such a baseless firing would have been.
 
We are not there yet, but Trump seems to be working his way toward impeachment. The Russians have been laughing at the latest developments in Washington D.C.

Blumenthal: Comey firing 'may well produce impeachment proceedings'

Washington (CNN)Sen. Richard Blumenthal said Wednesday that President Donald Trump's decision to fire his FBI director could lead to possible impeachment proceedings in Congress.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politics/richard-blumenthal-james-comey-cnntv/index.html


Dump Dumb Trump
 
I do believe that the reasons outlined in the memo are strong reasons to fire Comey. I do not at all believe that Trump believed them though. There is no valid reason to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on that. Repeating that he has the right to do it is not evidence he was right to do it, or that he did it for the right (reasons).


Some of the conservatives on the forum are feigning shock that the Democrats are upset about Comey's firing. After all, weren't many Democrats angry about Comey's letter that many say cost the the election?

But everyone knows that Trump wasn't angry about Comey's actions during the election. So what was Trump so angry with Comey about that he felt the need to fire him before his term was complete? Could it be that Comey wouldn't be his stooge?
 
The irony there is if he had the Republicans would be screaming from the rooftops about how politically motivated and vindictive such a baseless firing would have been.

I doubt the Republicans would have cared that much at that point.
 
If Obama had let him go, there would have been charges that he was stalling the Clinton investigation. No matter who let him go or when they did it, there was going to be a backlash because that's the way partisan politics works.

The only question that matters to me is: Did Comey deserve to be fired? If the answer is, "yes," then Trump did the right thing.


It really makes no difference to you why Trump fired him?

You see no difference between Trump firing him allegedly for doing something that Trump praised to the heavens six months ago, and firing him because he wouldn't lie for Trump and do a cover-up instead of an investigation?

Can you really delude yourself to that degree?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom