• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
This is an important part of it. Rumor is that Guliani is going to be offered Comey's position. Denying it now, but reports say that's been pushed in the White House.

Talk about ********** up, if that happens.

I have heard that he or Christie are his first choices but I don't believe it for a second. (Now watch me be wrong.:o)

But as I said I don't believe it because that would accelerate the furor. More than likely those choices are just being floated so another choice that might be unacceptable in his own right but not as controversial as those picks would certainly be could be made.
 
I have heard that he or Christie are his first choices but I don't believe it for a second. (Now watch me be wrong.:o)

But as I said I don't believe it because that would accelerate the furor. More than likely those choices are just being floated so another choice that might be unacceptable in his own right but not as controversial as those picks would certainly be could be made.

Yeah, the only thing I know for sure is that the choice is going to be awful.

The Giuliani thing is only interesting because he's such a part of this Russian connection. Firing an independent FBI Director in the middle of investigating Trump Co. only to replace him with one of the people under investigation would be the ballsiest (and most corrupt) move arguably in Presidential history.

Even Nixon didn't turn around and immediately appoint G. Gordon Liddy as special prosecutor...
 
Yeah, the only thing I know for sure is that the choice is going to be awful.

The Giuliani thing is only interesting because he's such a part of this Russian connection. Firing an independent FBI Director in the middle of investigating Trump Co. only to replace him with one of the people under investigation would be the ballsiest (and most corrupt) move arguably in Presidential history.

Even Nixon didn't turn around and immediately appoint G. Gordon Liddy as special prosecutor...

And considering what Jaworski did, Nixon probably wish he did. Congress is so partisan these days, Trump may get away with it. After all Trump appointed the very corrupt Jeff Sessions as AG and the Republicans approved him.
 
If their "own free will" is based on lies and deception then it isn't how they would have voted absent those lies and deception. It's the same as if their votes were flipped by the machine (which may also have happened).

BS. We all have opinions based on things we think are true but aren't. This doesn't magically remove our responsibility in the decisions we make, because we have the ability to check these opinions against reality, and don't.

Trump was elected entirely legitimately.
 
I heard Hannity on the radio a few minutes ago.

These people are nuts.

It was all about how Hillary was obviously a crook and blah, blah, blah.

And the server in the bathroom. Again with the server in the bathroom. For those who don't know the origin of that lie, at some point (after she stopped being SoS, if I recall correctly, but I could be wrong.) she hired a company to take over her server. They had recently moved into a new office building, which they remodeled. The server room was in a space that had once housed a bathroom. Hannity refers to the company as a "mom and pop shop with a server in the bathroom." That's just a plain old, easy to verify, lie.

Some of the other lies were much more severe, but they were subtle. "If you or I did what she did we would be in jail." That's a lie, but in theory it could just be a misunderstanding. Certainly, lots of people believe it, so when they, themselves, say it, it might just be an error, as opposed to being a lie. I focus on the "bathroom server" thing just because it is a lie, and he has repeated it often enough to know it's a lie, and it's easy to verify that it's a lie.
 
I have to defend my country...but not logger. On behalf of my fellow citizens, we apologize for people like logger. We're not all like him.

You could always move instead of apologizing. We do own it all at this point. ;)
 
No, I'd rather YOU leave.

Now why would I do that. I love it here, most agree with me and it seems you're doing all the bitching and apologizing. Seems you'd be much happier in a country that could take care of you better?
 
I'd say only to Trump fans that really don't care because they'd have thought it a genius move no matter what he did including having him called to the White House and publicly executed on the front lawn.

The issue with Trump's claim is that at the time Trump was acting as Comey's cheerleader. You don't get to cheer on someone and then six months later declare that the very thing you cheered on was a firing offence. If it's a firing offence now, then it was 6 months ago too when you were all for it. What that reeks of is hypocrisy.

There is also the matter that the actions aren't Trump's concern as a boss. They were dealt with under Comey's boss at the time, Obama. If it was a fireable offence, then he should have been fired then. If you don't get why then look at it this way. You do something in your job that breeches the rules. Your boss considers it and lets you off with a warning. Six months later a new boss comes in and decides that the warning was insufficient and fires you for something that you didn't even do on his watch and had been actioned already. See why such a thing is unfair?

What else do we let this sort of thing happen for? If a new moderator doesn't like how one of your posts was handled six months ago, should they be allowed to have you banned over it? In a new Prosecutor decides that he didn't like that you were warned rather than prosecuted for something, should he be able to restart legal actions against you after they were dealt with?

If this sort of thing is allowable and fine, then no one is ever safe from further retaliation over their actions because anyone can later revise the issue and take further actions against you. This is a totally unjustifiable and unfair way to live, and why such things as double jeopardy laws were included in our criminal justice systems.

Now in all of this, I'm not disagreeing with Trump firing Comey, he has that right, though it is rarely used, but what I am saying is that it's not a Genius move to blame it on the way that he handled the Clinton Email Case since at the time Trump was his biggest cheer-leader and so now in claiming to be firing him for it, Trump is behaving hypocritically.

There is a difference between a normal job and someone who as a political appointee works at the pleasure of the President. Many political appointees are fired simply for being appointed by previous administration every time WH changes occupancy. Traditionally this does not include the FBI which although Director is a political appointee, he is to run an apolitical department. Comey failed to do this & politicized the FBI to a degree only outdone by in Hoover days. He needed to go.
 
This is the second time in history. Bill Clinton fired the FBI director for petty corruption, e.g. using government money to upgrade his home. It was uncontroversial; Clinton wasn't being investigated.

There's a reason that FBI directors are supposed to serve a 10 year term.

At this time Trump is not under investigation. FLYNN and possibly others from his team are, but not Trump himself. And despite 10 year term he is still subject to termination by POTUS whoever he/she is.
 
He needed to go EARLIER. Trump waited until Comey was aiming at HIM to fire him. Whether or not Trump is being directly investigated at this time is not relevant, enough of the people closest to him and involved in his election are under suspicion to threaten him. Trump is calling attention to what he's afraid of.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom