• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
Got any evidence for that?

Given your posting history, how exactly you work out that most people agree with you should be entertaining.

Perhaps logger assumes that anyone who doesn't actively disagree with him, is part of a silent majority who agrees with him. There are 1200 or so regular posters here and maybe 50-100 have ever disagreed with logger. That means that the other 1100-1150 are in agreement :boggled: :boggled:
 
This will still require a significant swing to the Democratic Party and as the Vox article points out, staunch GOP voters are the ones most likely to turn out for midterms. It's not impossible for the Democratic Party to control the House, for sure, but I think it's still unlikely and of course the GOP will control the Senate and have the President and SCOTUS locked down and so have 2 1/2 of the three branches locked down.

An unpopular GOP president is exactly the sort of thing that would cause a swing. Like when Democrats took the House in 2006.
 
An unpopular GOP president is exactly the sort of thing that would cause a swing. Like when Democrats took the House in 2006.

Guess we'll find out in 2018 :o

Of course the Democratic Party only hung onto the House for 4 years...
 
I mentioned this in a previous post, but I do (tend to) think that Rosenstein's memo was sincere, and Trump may have simply seen it as a convenient pretext. I really don't know what Trump was thinking except that it may have been a rash, impulsive move. And instead of letting Comey exit a little more gracefully, he was simply unceremoniously fired and found out about it on TV.

Here's the problem with using the Rosenstein memo: it didn't recommend Comey be terminated. Jeff Sessions violating his recusal recommended the termination based on the memo after he and the Orange Menace ordered Rosenstein to write it.
 
From the WaPo article I posted above (I think they just added it):

According to CNN according to WaPo, Rosenstein threatened to resign yesterday when Trump pinned the responsibility on him.

Trump's mind-boggling disrespect for American democracy is matched only by his spectacular level of incompetence.

add: ninja'ed by Tony
Rosenstein has the authority to appoint a special counsel to investigate. That would be better revenge than just resigning.
 
Meh. I lost respect for Comey when he outlined all the reasons how Clinton's handling classified material was negligent then insisted negligence required "intent."

But I am also enjoying watching Democrats fall over themselves to explain how Trump's firing Comey now is, like, totally different from when they were calling for his head just a few weeks ago, man.

So essentially you have no idea what the discussion is about.
 
The FBI might not be Comey's fanclub, but it won't be hard to find leakers to embarrass any crony Trump appointee.
 
Not really. The termination letter was delivered to Comey's staff, he wasn't available.

Trump released the information to the public via Twitter, and Comey first learned about it from the news, as his (ex-)staff hadn't contacted him yet.

Trump couldn't even fire somebody right.

Trying to expand the Russia investigation he should have known that would get him fired.
 
Some of the conservatives on the forum are feigning shock that the Democrats are upset about Comey's firing. After all, weren't many Democrats angry about Comey's letter that many say cost the the election?
It really makes no difference to you why Trump fired him?


By suggesting left-wingers should be happy about Comey's firing, some careless right-wingers on this forum are trying to push a "the ends justify the means" attitude onto the left-wingers critical of Comey's firing.

They're shocked that we refuse to let them place that cloak on our backs. Those are not people who think very deeply.
 
Good morning Mumbles.
You're assuming he was actually told that he was looking for a reason to fire Comey. Which is to say, you're expecting one of the few Toupee Fiasco loyalists who knew about this to be telling the truth about how this all went down, in an anonymous leak.

That's not a very good bet.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if they asked him for a writeup on what Comey did wrong in his Clinton announcements, and then used it as pretext without telling him about their plan.

Regardless, another example of the clown president being his own worst enemy.
I think this is correct. This isn't the first time this administration would have been using a very old magicians stage effect "Alternate Realities" Show one person one thing while the rest of the audience sees something else. During the early parts of the health care debates, it was reported by different people, that the administration was showing different bills to different sides to try to give the impression that there was greater support for "a bill" than there was. It can look good and can work to get the job done, especially when at the end, the vast majority of these congressmen never read the actual bill before they sign on board. Unfortunately this has become at tactic for some time now in Washington. Rush to push something through, anything through, without reading it. Trump himself has been caught up in that rush. Isn't that how Steve Bannon got in the NSA meetings?
I would love to hear any of these congressmen say something like," Lets slow this down a bit. I'll sign its when i read it, think about it. Debate it with my peers and then, if I agree with it, Ill sign it."
 
Last edited:
I would love to hear any of these congressmen say something like," Lets slow this down a bit. I'll sign its when i read it, think about it. Debate it with my peers and then, if I agree with it, Ill sign it."
That sounds like crazy talk!

[Walks away laughing to self]
read before voting... crazy talk
[shakes head]
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom