The picture got so much press because it looks bad.
The only reason that this photo got any press whatsoever is because Obama is black and a Democrat.
The whole thing is theatre of the absurd.
The picture got so much press because it looks bad.
And many like you wallow in it on purpose.
The only reason that this photo got any press whatsoever is because Obama isblackpresident and a Democrat.
The whole thing is theatre of the absurd.
And many like you wallow in it on purpose.
That's not true at all. The reason that this photo got so much press is that it's a weird shot. There are other pictures of the Marine where his arm is down and it's not as silly looking.
The reason there's so much debate is because of lazy and idiotic statements screeching about how it's 'cause Obama is Black and Democrat. I voted for him twice and I'm not in least bit concerned about his race.
The picture looks BAD that's why this picture out of all the others is the one making the rounds.
http://www.mrconservative.com/files/2013/05/Obama_Marines_Umbrella.jpg
the picture above is not getting play and it looks different in that picture.
It's also because it is a Marine in dress uniform which tends to get more attention than a regular suit. So you have these two guys in iconic uniforms representing the marines who are the echelon of the cream of the crop of the military
"The Proud The Few" the umbrella holders.... it just looks weird. LOL
Explain.
I'm not upset over it.
Roger that!Teddy Roosevelt (a Republican and a REAL MAN'S president!) would have stood there bareheaded and got SOAKING WET! Right down to his skivvies! And never changed them until next week, as per according to Regulations!
What happened to the America I knew?
Imagine the same picture with Kim Kardashian getting her picture taken at the MET GALA and having a full dress marine holding her umbrella for her?
Your reaction (Or mine anyway) would be that this woman shouldn't be allowed to lick the soles of the marines boots, much less let him "Do anything" for her.
This is because I think she's a joke and that she's played the media and has not done anything I respect.
From a Republican standpoint this is how many people view Obama. Add to that that he's never served in the Military and it takes it to another level.
I can easily understand why an Old Curmudgeon would get rankled over this picture. Marines are considered the best of the best and deserve incredible respect. Even though Obama has every right to ask a Marine to hold his umbrella, he could have had a servant hold it. Asking a Marine to do it is suggesting that this guy is worthy of doing this, and IMO I can't imagine seeing anyone asking a Marine to do something like this without getting a little annoyed.
But it seems like a lot of young people are posting on here who are anti military and don't have that "older respect" for the military. No problem with that, but when I see this picture in someone's anime slide slow with pictures of Darth Vader jokes and clips from Star Wars and My Little Pony comic con conventions, I'm thinking young and clueless.
The older people are offended because we kind of realize by now the great sacrifices that people in the Military generally make for our freedoms. We know people who have lost loved ones, we've seen trauma and injury etc. So there is a certain level of gratitude and respect that I would always give a person in the Military. Has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with respect.
So you felt the same way when other presidents had service members holding umbrellas for them, right?
I've already explained this. Do you read?
Seriously why do people even freaking bother. Here we go again with me writing out very clearly in English the same freakin sentence over and over again and being told
"SO what you are saying is something you haven't written, because I can't be bothered to stop and try to comprehend what you wrote, since you are not taking my side, I'll immediately assume you are saying something I like to bray at instead of actually understanding."
It's a weird picture, it looks ridiculous. The Republicans are het up because they don't like Obama. But the picture itself DOES look weird. So that's why it's getting so much attention.
When morons can't admit, "Ok it IS a funny looking picture" they are BSing for the purpose of agenda.![]()
The older people are offended because we kind of realize by now the great sacrifices that people in the Military generally make for our freedoms. We know people who have lost loved ones, we've seen trauma and injury etc. So there is a certain level of gratitude and respect that I would always give a person in the Military. Has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with respect.
[qimg]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/orphia/ObamaUmbrella_zps17f4ad6a.jpg[/qimg]
OK, I'll bite. If having a marine hold an umbrella over the titular head of the entire country is disrespectful, why have marines there at all? Surely, having them standing like cheap lawn ornaments with the sole function of saluting the President as he walks by (or maybe opening a door) is even more menial?
Once you accept a certain level of pomp and circumstance due the President of the United States, it seems shallow to then think holding an umbrella for that same office holder is disrespectful for the marine. They earn their respect through service. Don't denigrate them when they provide that service, no matter how small it may be. Keeping the rain off ought to rank slightly higher than opening a door or putting up the stairs for the President's helicopter.
The Marines gain respect for serving in the role. It's an honor to represent your branch and work directly for the Commander in Chief. This was set up from the beginning - a civilian as head of the military. When they serve the President, by proxy, they serve the entire nation. It's embarrassing that such a thing could be used as an attempt to tarnish the reputation of the Marines. As if the guy weren't qualified to render a useful service or would shy away from it. Ridiculous.


How is it spinning when you've asked me the same question?
Seriously, do YOU read?
I've already posted another picture that doesn't look the same and pointed out that this shot is a weird shot.
How many times do I have to say "It's just a weird shot and looks ridiculous' before it will sink in?
I bet you are sitting there thinking the picture is offensive to me. Guess what rocket scientist, IT ISN'T.
It is not offensive to me in the slightest. I have simply stated that the reason THIS picture has gotten so much press is because it is a weird shot.
I've said it (let's see this is gonna be about the sixth time now) But instead of reading and trying to comprehend what I'm saying you keep asking me a completely irrelevant question because all you seem to be able to understand is what you've already decided I'm saying instead of actually READING what was written.
Look at the post that said I semi ninjaed them, it's NOT that hard to understand.
Would it upset me if another president had a marine hold an umbrella. NO, just like THIS picture doesn't upset me because the president is having a marine hold an umbrella. It's just that particular shot composite that makes it look weird.
Don't worry, we still have some fools chiming in with freeper light weaksauce ot offset your seriousness. I wonder how many panties they go through a week, getting them bunched up and all.Oh, and screw all y'all for making me post seriously on what may well be the stupidest topic ever posted in this forum. That makes you worse than a quadrillion Pol Pots.