• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed The Cuomo Scandal.

As for the workplace accusations and Governor Cuomo, as I said, I'm not sure of the details of the allegations. I do think that sexual harassment in the workplace is a problem, but I don't subscribe to the theory that every sexual advance is an offense, even if there's some sort of power imbalance involved. Unwanted sexual advances are an offense, but how do you know they are unwanted the first time you make an advance?
TBH, the fact that all too much of the public outrage seems to be ignoring the nursing home issues while calling this sort of behavior "sexual assault" or "sexual harassment" seriously disgusts me. At least unless, unbeknownst to myself, Cuomo continued to repeat this behavior toward individuals who had already expressed disinterest or disgust. Or tried this in some hitherto unknown extreme context, such as broaching the subject of someone's sex life while they are requesting vital aid/assistance. The fact of the matter is that standards of propriety are highly variable in this country; and highly subjective.

Speaking as a former sexual assault victim.
 
As far as I can recall, the highly publicized calls for Republican heads on a platter seem to have come from much more dire accusations. I mean Roy Moore was accused of "dating" underaged girls. Trump has been accused of rape. Kavanaugh's accusation was not for unwanted flirting.

For there to be any meat to a "double standard" accusation, we'd have to be looking at something comparable, right?

Not to mention that the other side doesn't seem to have any standards for their own.
 
The drip-drip-drip continues:

Albany Police Department officials said on Thursday that they had been notified by the New York State Police and the governor’s office about an alleged incident at the Executive Mansion involving Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo and a female aide that may have risen “to the level of a crime.”
Steve Smith, a spokesman for the Albany police, said that the department had not received a formal complaint from the woman, who has not been identified, but that it had reached out to a lawyer for her.

This does not mean, Mr. Smith said, that the department has opened a criminal investigation, but it has offered its services to the alleged victim, “as we would do with any other report or incident.”

They are reporting on what the police said. Unless the police are in on the conspiracy between the DNC and the liberal media (if that's what you are implying), then it only makes sense that they would report on it.
 
They are reporting on what the police said. Unless the police are in on the conspiracy between the DNC and the liberal media (if that's what you are implying), then it only makes sense that they would report on it.

I was referring to the nursing home scandal, which had been extensively covered last year in the NY Post, but which the Times and the MSM had largely ignored because Cuomo was proving such an effective foil to Trump. However, now that the election is over, Cuomo's popularity could be a problem for Harris in 2024 and hence the NY Times' sudden interest in the nursing home story. The sexual harassment allegations seem to have popped up independently, and while I am sure that Harris' fans are loving it, I see no reason to assume they had any hand in it. Not sure why you bring up the DNC.
 
They are reporting on what the police said. Unless the police are in on the conspiracy between the DNC and the liberal media (if that's what you are implying), then it only makes sense that they would report on it.

It's a liberal conspiracy, it always is....(in Republican eyes). The MSM is a giant, liberal front to promote leftie values.....
 
It's a liberal conspiracy, it always is....(in Republican eyes). The MSM is a giant, liberal front to promote leftie values.....

This is blue on blue. And while the NY Times skews liberal in its oped pages (and its rank and file is probably more liberal), they certainly don't seem to have excessive affection for the far left.
 
Cuomo Never Let Me Forget I Was a Woman

But my calculation was a bit off. I was wrong to believe this experience would last for just a moment. Keeping his grip on me as I practically squirmed to get away from him, the governor turned my body to face a different direction for yet another picture. He never let go of my hand.

Then he turned to me with a mischievous smile on his face, in front of all of my colleagues, and said: “I’m sorry. Am I making you uncomfortable? I thought we were going steady.”

I stood there in stunned silence, shocked and humiliated. But, of course, that was the point.

I never thought the governor wanted to have sex with me. It wasn’t about sex. It was about power. He wanted me to know that I was powerless, that I was small and weak, that I did not deserve what relative power I had: a platform to hold him accountable for his words and actions. He wanted me to know that he could take my dignity away at any moment with an inappropriate comment or a hand on my waist. (The Cuomo administration has declined to comment.)

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/andrew-cuomo-sexual-harassment-albany-reporter.html

Time to flush this turd.
 
A dozen Congressional Dems call for his resignation? Man, I heard that the "libs" would circle the wagons around him.

It's up to six women now, it's pretty untenable to support him anymore.


Brooklyn Dad Defiant, some PAC funded resistance lib grifter influencer, has retracted his comment implying that the women were part of some political hit job.

I want to sincerely apologize to everyone for helping to fuel doubts about the accusers of Gov. Cuomo.

It was a bad tweet, and I was wrong. I have since deleted the tweet.

The accusations should be taken seriously, and I got it wrong.

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1370072111818084358
 
I was referring to the nursing home scandal, which had been extensively covered last year in the NY Post, but which the Times and the MSM had largely ignored because Cuomo was proving such an effective foil to Trump. However, now that the election is over, Cuomo's popularity could be a problem for Harris in 2024 and hence the NY Times' sudden interest in the nursing home story. The sexual harassment allegations seem to have popped up independently, and while I am sure that Harris' fans are loving it, I see no reason to assume they had any hand in it. Not sure why you bring up the DNC.

Okay, so this is your contention? That the NYTimes and the MSM are in the pocket of Harris?

Sure.
 
I would like to see him refuse to resign. Not because I think he shouldn't, but because this is a great opportunity to establish some kind of independent, formal process for removal from office on ethical considerations, that doesn't rely on shaming someone out of office. Too many scoundrels these days have proved entirely incapable of feeling shame.
 
Remember when the liberal media ignored all those sexual harassment allegations against Cuomo?






No, I don’t.
 
no wonder the Right loves the accusations against Cuomo: turns out he is very much like Trump, but when their Dear Leader did the same things they couldn't see it.
 
no wonder the Right loves the accusations against Cuomo: turns out he is very much like Trump, but when their Dear Leader did the same things they couldn't see it.

What's bizarre is this scandal is blanking out what the scumbag DeSantis did in Florida with the COVID vaccine.

Make it about sex and there is a laser focus. Actual public corruption becomes ho hum.
 
In 2013, the former mayor of San Diego, Bob Filner, held out for a while after multiple sexual misconduct allegations before resigning. He negotiated a pretty sweet resignation that included compensation for some legal expenses by the city. The current Vice President also agreed to a pretty sweet plea deal for a brief house arrest and being barred from running for office (only ended up being through the period of probation). It's somewhat disingenuous to say that the Democratic Party actually takes these things seriously beyond public lip service. The consequences often seem to depend on how powerful the chess piece is (this applies to both sides).

The people who matter in New York state politics have come to Andrew Cuomo and said: "you need to resign."

Andrew Cuomo said: "okay, what are you going to do for me?"

I imagine his public statements about refusal to resign are part of establishing his bargaining posture and raising the stakes so he can make bigger demands. He's probably negotiating the favorable terms of his resignation as we speak. Probably also negotiating the terms of investigations, prosecutions, and convictions with sweet plea deals.

Andrew Cuomo said that the accused deserves due process, that resignation is undemocratic, and we shouldn't cave to cancel culture. It'll be interesting if this is the standard from now on (not just when politically convenient). It took, what, 5, 6 accusers to convince top Democratic Party members to sacrifice this powerful chess piece? Al Franken was a weak chess piece in comparison and the party was criticizing the Republicans for Roy Moore as a senate candidate at the time so the calculation was made that Al Franken was an acceptable sacrifice (Andrew Cuomo was supposed to eventually be elected president).

It's also interesting that the governor of New York is imploding at the same time the governor of California is imploding (recall campaign).
 
Last edited:
I can only assume he didn’t bother to watch the training videos that I thought was required in NY. At my job we have to watch them every year.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom