• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed The Cuomo Scandal.

Chris Cuomo should have gone at least into a hiatus when the whole thing started.

The problem goes back even further than that. Chris should never have covered or interviewed Andrew ever, at any point. To paraphrase A.M. Rosenthal, it's OK for a reporter to **** an elephant, but they can't cover the circus.
 
BTW his brother needs to go on hiatus from his TV show.
Which I admit I don't like anyway. He comes off as an insufferable jerk. And enough of his stupid slogans.

Why? Because he took his brother's side?

Does that mean that every right wing reporter that has stood up for Trump should have to go too?
 
If someone's sibling is bad, that carries over? Is sexual assault an inherited trait?

No. If someone's sibling is a subject of news, and that someone is a reporter, that someone should stay the hell away from covering it.

I thought I made that pretty explicit with the whole ******* elephants thing.
 
No. If someone's sibling is a subject of news, and that someone is a reporter, that someone should stay the hell away from covering it.

I thought I made that pretty explicit with the whole ******* elephants thing.

Ok, that explains why Cuomo should avoid covering news about his brother. It doesn't explain why Cuomo should go on a hiatus from his show. Is his show exclusively about his brother?
 
Someone should have stopped this man years ago, before it came to multiple accusations in the media and the courts. It sounds like someone should have told him to knock it off at work.

I should think HR should have gotten complaints and made Cuomo attend gender sensitivity classes like employees often have to.

Never mind "gender" sensitivity. It's not behaviour that's acceptable regardless of genders.
 
He agreed a year ago not to cover his brother.

He agreed to not keep doing what he should never have done to begin with?

Why was he even allowed to do it in the first place?

Oh, right. CNN. There are no adults in charge.
 
He agreed to not keep doing what he should never have done to begin with?

Why was he even allowed to do it in the first place?

Oh, right. CNN. There are no adults in charge.

You're right. But that's irrelevant now. Also, let's not pretend that right wing media cares about conflicts of interest.
 
You're right. But that's irrelevant now. Also, let's not pretend that right wing media cares about conflicts of interest.

I am not right wing media. I am not talking about right wing media, and am not making any claim about the problem being partisan. I do care about conflicts of interest. I will do you the courtesy of presuming you do too, and I would like you to return the courtesy of presuming my concerns are in good faith.
 
Cable news, generally speaking, is pretty bad. There usually isn't that much news content to fill the day and often the programming boils down to little more than personality driven punditry, be that Cuomo or Carlson or Maddow or whatever.

Having the brother of a powerful politician as one of their big personalities is exactly the kind of thing that cable news would do, and exactly the kind of thing that makes for terrible journalism.

The softball coverage between the two brothers was already embarrassing before the scandal, and now CNN is coming out of this looking like total hacks, which is very much deserved.
 
I am not right wing media. I am not talking about right wing media, and am not making any claim about the problem being partisan. I do care about conflicts of interest. I will do you the courtesy of presuming you do too, and I would like you to return the courtesy of presuming my concerns are in good faith.

*Snorts* Okay. I guess you just independently and of your own doing parrot right wing media talking points with 100% consistency.

If you ever have a thought that Fox News hasn't already had, I'll listen.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom