• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed The Cuomo Scandal.

*Snorts* Okay. I guess you just independently and of your own doing parrot right wing media talking points with 100% consistency.

If you ever have a thought that Fox News hasn't already had, I'll listen.

Huh. I wouldn't have thought that opposition to blatant conflicts of interest was an intrinsically partisan thing. SuburbanTurkey doesn't seem to think it should be. Do you think trying to make it one is a winning strategy?

Or are you just reflexively attacking my posts because you don't like me?
 
Originally Posted by eeyore1954 View Post
I don't think this type of behavior would have disqualified many candidates of either party until a few years ago.
Do you think it would disqualify a Republican NOW? Doesn't seem to matter to them one iota.

This is all about the GOP, of course.

It's about a party that elected a man who, before the election, was revealed as thinking he had the right to "grab *****" and sexually assault/harass women because he was 'a celebrity'. It's about a party that elected a man knowing that TWENTY-SIX women had accused him of sexual misconduct, including rape. It's about a party that STILL supports him and is virtually under his control. So, yeah, this is about the GOP.
 
I am not right wing media. I am not talking about right wing media, and am not making any claim about the problem being partisan. I do care about conflicts of interest. I will do you the courtesy of presuming you do too, and I would like you to return the courtesy of presuming my concerns are in good faith.

Remember people, it's only bad if the Dems do it. Nothing else to see here, moving along...
 
True, you didn't. But you're only interested in it when a Democrat does it.

What exactly is "it" here?

Keep in mind that what I was commenting on in this latest exchange is the conflict of interest with Chris Cuomo covering Andrew Cuomo, and NOT what Andrew is alleged to have done.

You don't seem to be the only one making this error here. It's quite a peculiar defensive reflex. I could speculate about the psychological motives behind it, but that wouldn't actually achieve anything.
 
Of course not! Why, how could anyone suggest that only complaining about it when the Dems do it but defending it when it's Right Wing is meant to give the impression that it's OK if you're a Republican?

Are there posts of Ziggurat defending sexual assault by Republicans?

Are there any comments in this thread of you expressing concern over the Cuomo accusations?
 
Are there posts of Ziggurat defending sexual assault by Republicans?

This is actually a distraction. The really odd thing is that this particular exchange wasn't even about sexual assault, but about the conflict of interest in someone covering their own brother. Seriously, trace back the responses, and it starts with this exchange:

BTW his brother needs to go on hiatus from his TV show.
Which I admit I don't like anyway. He comes off as an insufferable jerk. And enough of his stupid slogans.
Why? Because he took his brother's side?

Does that mean that every right wing reporter that has stood up for Trump should have to go too?
No. Because he's his brother.

Nothing about the accusations against Andrew Cuomo is in here. He could be completely clean, an absolute saint, and the criticism about the conflict of interest in Chris covering him would still be just as valid.
 
It's about a party that elected a man who, before the election, was revealed as thinking he had the right to "grab *****" and sexually assault/harass women because he was 'a celebrity'. It's about a party that elected a man knowing that TWENTY-SIX women had accused him of sexual misconduct, including rape. It's about a party that STILL supports him and is virtually under his control. So, yeah, this is about the GOP.

So, the actions of Cuomo are about the GOP? Thanks for the clarification...I think.
 
I am not right wing media. I am not talking about right wing media, and am not making any claim about the problem being partisan. I do care about conflicts of interest. I will do you the courtesy of presuming you do too, and I would like you to return the courtesy of presuming my concerns are in good faith.

No.

Trust is earned, not given.
 
No.

Trust is earned, not given.

I didn't ask for trust, I asked for courtesy. A courtesy in exchange for a courtesy.

But if you don't want courtesy, then you don't get courtesy. You have shown no indication that you care about conflicts of interest, and you certainly don't seem bothered by this one. I will therefore assume you are not.
 
Of course not! Why, how could anyone suggest that only complaining about it when the Dems do it but defending it when it's Right Wing is meant to give the impression that it's OK if you're a Republican?

True, you didn't. But you're only interested in it when a Democrat does it.

Sure you didn't. "I never said those exact words!" We know the drill.

You guys really are thin-skinned narcissists. :boxedin:
 
Are there posts of Ziggurat defending sexual assault by Republicans?

As they say down here, Bless your heart. The topic of discussion at that point was biased media personalities, as a 4th grade child could have told you.

(Eta: ninja'd by Zig himself in post 190. Who would have thunk it?)

Although, I wouldn't be shocked if Zig had defended Trump's sexual assaults, or Roy Moore's, perhaps Matt Gaetz's? Bill O'Reilly? I can't be bothered to go back and look now, though.

Are there any comments in this thread of you expressing concern over the Cuomo accusations?

Other than way back in March me pointing out in a cheering manner that over a dozen Democrats in Congress were calling for Cuomo to resign, you mean?
 
Last edited:
As they say down here, Bless your heart. The topic of discussion at that point was biased media personalities, as a 4th grade child could have told you.

No, it wasn't about bias either, it was about conflicts of interest.

These are related, but the distinction does matter.
 
Last edited:
No, it wasn't about bias either, it was about conflicts of interest.

These are related, but the distinction does matter.

It mattered over a year ago, before Chris stopped covering his brother, thus negating the conflict of interest/bias that you are now concerned about.
 
I didn't ask for trust, I asked for courtesy. A courtesy in exchange for a courtesy.

But if you don't want courtesy, then you don't get courtesy. You have shown no indication that you care about conflicts of interest, and you certainly don't seem bothered by this one. I will therefore assume you are not.

It's not a courtesy I would extend to someone who has demonstrated rank partisanship for years.

I think Andrew Cuomo should resign or be impeached if the evidence is true which it appears to be. That said, I don't think his brother should face any penalty unless his wrongdoing can be demonstrated. Being the Governor's brother in itself is not enough in my mind.
 
Last edited:
It's not a courtesy I would extend to someone who has demonstrated rank partisanship for years.

I think Andrew Cuomo should resign or be impeached if the evidence is true which it appears to be. That said, I don't think his brother should face any penalty unless his wrongdoing can be demonstrated. Being the Governor's brother in itself is not enough in my mind.

Seems like being Andrew Cuomo's brother is punishment enough.
 
It mattered over a year ago, before Chris stopped covering his brother, thus negating the conflict of interest/bias that you are now concerned about.

It's kinda ridiculous that this wasn't a rule from the start. A guy interviewing his own brother isn't journalism.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom