• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
Next please.
Chris B.

Next please? What are you smoking? There is nothing in your post that mentions cougars breaking the legs of deer.

Breaking the legs is unnecessary for the kill, unlike to occur on a swipe (unless the foot is stuck in cement or something), and most important doesn't appear to be observed in cougar kills. Just do a Google image search for cougar kills and you can see photos of lots of dead ungulates, not a one with a broken leg that I could see.
 
Ah, now we're going back to my earlier post as opposed to one cherry picked sentence from my latter post. The link from that statement is in the earlier post.

Is it just me or does it seem that a Bigfoot proponent must qualify every word of every sentence here?
You didn't justify your claim. Still haven't.

Regardless, it's still my opinion that a Cougar is more likely the culprit. If this be the case it's my opinion the broken leg bones are likely a result of the kill.
Good for you. My opinion is a human is responsible for the kill.

Now if you suggest I need to qualify my opinion we have a problem. You'll need to read up on Cougars to determine why I feel the way I do. I can't do that for you. I would suggest Cougar, The American Lion by Kevin Hansen.
Chris B.

Try a an excerpt that justifies your claim. That too much? I can learn something new nearly every day. How about you?

Is it just me or does it seem like Chris is just looking for a gotcha moment? It makes no material difference in this story at any rate.
 
Is it just me or does it seem like Chris is just looking for a gotcha moment?

I'm sure he can find a reference somewhere to a cougar that broke a deer's leg; might even find a confirmatory photo. To suggest that this is somehow typical cougar predatory behavior is ludicrous, however.
 
I'm sure he can find a reference somewhere to a cougar that broke a deer's leg; might even find a confirmatory photo. To suggest that this is somehow typical cougar predatory behavior is ludicrous, however.

He could be Boone Frikken Smith for all I care. So far, he's failed to justify his Kobra Kai sweep the legs hypothesis. If and when he does, I'll say "you're right Chris" and learn something new. But there is still no way in hell it proves that's what occurred in NL's campfire story.
 
You didn't justify your claim. Still haven't.


Good for you. My opinion is a human is responsible for the kill.



Try a an excerpt that justifies your claim. That too much? I can learn something new nearly every day. How about you?

Is it just me or does it seem like Chris is just looking for a gotcha moment? It makes no material difference in this story at any rate.

Seems likely that they were planted by the one who found them and that that was no random walk in the bog. NL got lit up.
 
Is it just me or does it seem like Chris is just looking for a gotcha moment? It makes no material difference in this story at any rate.

Well, it's not like he doesn't have a history of that. I am sure we all have not forgotten the mislabeled chimp photo.
 
He could be Boone Frikken Smith for all I care. So far, he's failed to justify his Kobra Kai sweep the legs hypothesis. If and when he does, I'll say "you're right Chris" and learn something new. But there is still no way in hell it proves that's what occurred in NL's campfire story.

You guys are a bit over the top. It's my opinion, it's not a who's right or who's wrong situation.

If you still do not think a Cougar can sweep the rear legs of its prey please see my earlier link.

If you are of the opinion that a Cougar does not or cannot break bones during a kill , or that NL's photo shows a Bigfoot kill, good for you. My opinion seems to differ.
Chris B.
 
You guys are a bit over the top. It's my opinion, it's not a who's right or who's wrong situation.

If you still do not think a Cougar can sweep the rear legs of its prey please see my earlier link.

If you are of the opinion that a Cougar does not or cannot break bones during a kill , or that NL's photo shows a Bigfoot kill, good for you. My opinion seems to differ.
Chris B.

You didn't say broken bones. You specified broken legs. Remember? Would you like to support your claim or retract it?

Resume said:
"Cougars are not made for a sustained chase; they are tremendous sprinters, like cheetahs. When hunting, they carefully locate and then stalk their prey from under cover of foliage. Particularly with deer, cougars select individuals who are old, injured, or diseased. This helps to keep the deer population strong, as the healthiest animals live to reproduce. When within striking distance (30 feet or less), the lion unleashes its power in a short, bounding dash, leaping on the target and knocking it down. The force of this pounce is often enough to kill small animals. With larger prey, the cougar aims its leap to land on the animal's back. If the initial impact does not break the prey's neck, the lion will deliver a killing bite."

http://www.chintiminiwildlife.org/Education/WildNatHist/Cougar.htm

Next please.
Chris B.
Not what you claimed.
Sweeping the rear legs is certainly one of the tricks of the trade of a Cougar kill. I don't think anyone can argue successfully that it never happens or that the prey's bones aren't broken during the kill. In fact, the Cougar relies on broken bones from the first pounce to disable the prey
We're examining broken hind legs in this campfire story. Not a neck. But you knew that.
 
You guys are a bit over the top. It's my opinion, it's not a who's right or who's wrong situation.
It's not over the top; it's about providing evidence sufficient for a claim. This is a persistent problem among bigfoot proponents.

You're opinion of this particular campfire story is that a cougar done it, and there isn't much more evidence for random felis concolors wandering about Minnesota than for ole footie. But admittedly there's some:
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/cougar/index.html
While evidence might suggest the animal's prevalence is increasing, the number of verified cougar observations indicate that cougar occurrence in Minnesota is a result of transient animals from the Western Dakotas.

Then there's the leg sweep thing . . .
 
Last edited:
You guys are a bit over the top. It's my opinion, it's not a who's right or who's wrong situation.

If you still do not think a Cougar can sweep the rear legs of its prey please see my earlier link.

If you are of the opinion that a Cougar does not or cannot break bones during a kill , or that NL's photo shows a Bigfoot kill, good for you. My opinion seems to differ.
Chris B.


You have a lot of nerve saying any of the skeptics posting are "a bit over the top". We're not claiming to have seen a mythological creature. You footers are. All we're asking and saying is quite simple.

Prove it.

But we already know you cannot, and no one can or ever will. The game here is in trolling the skeptics and rubes so you can con them (rubes) out of more money. Period.
 
And the governor's trophy for "Getting Well Known Cougar Facts All ****** Up Because Google" (within an argument about a fantastical make-believe beast who 'lives in the land of the cougar') goes to an inanimate object this time, a forum thread named Seeing Cryptids: The Problems. There's so much creepy cougar propaganda in those last 100 posts, cougars will never be the same again. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

So anyway what's the latest on Cryptids and their problems?
 
You didn't say broken bones. You specified broken legs. Remember? Would you like to support your claim or retract it?

It's not over the top; it's about providing evidence sufficient for a claim. This is a persistent problem among bigfoot proponents.

You're opinion of this particular campfire story is that a cougar done it, and there isn't much more evidence for random felis concolors wandering about Minnesota than for ole footie. But admittedly there's some:
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/cougar/index.html


Then there's the leg sweep thing . . .

You have a lot of nerve saying any of the skeptics posting are "a bit over the top". We're not claiming to have seen a mythological creature. You footers are. All we're asking and saying is quite simple.

Prove it.

But we already know you cannot, and no one can or ever will. The game here is in trolling the skeptics and rubes so you can con them (rubes) out of more money. Period.


So let me get this straight. You guys want me to prove my opinion of these bones? LMAO Hungry hungry hippos comes to mind. Chris B.

edited to add: River, you seem to state I'm somehow conning rubes out of "more" money. Would you care to qualify that statement or is it simply some sort of false accusation you vomited up without any evidence whatsoever?
 
Last edited:
So anyway what's the latest on Cryptids and their problems?

They're sweeping legs like cougars and tossing Good N' Plenties like Charlie.

Beyond the unsupported claim that the deer legs in NL's campfire story were broken by a hobo cougar passing through Minnesota. Which is based on an unsupported assertion that the cougar sweeps the legs of its prey and breaks them in order to disable the prey to deliver a kill bite. Which is unsupported by the supplied links.
 
Last edited:
So let me get this straight. You guys want me to prove my opinion of these bones? LMAO Hungry hungry hippos comes to mind. Chris B.

If you have anything that backs up your opinion that a cougar will sweep the
legs of its prey, that would be a good start.

I am not convinced and I do not believe a cougar would sweep the legs of its
prey. Not by the link you posted.

"Hungry hungry hippos"? What part do you play in the game?
 
If you have anything that backs up your opinion that a cougar will sweep the
legs of its prey, that would be a good start.

I am not convinced and I do not believe a cougar would sweep the legs of its
prey. Not by the link you posted.

"Hungry hungry hippos"? What part do you play in the game?

Of course it's your choice on whether to believe the information posted on a WA state government website or not. I understand there may be a skeptic in the crowd here. But, that has little to do with me or my opinion. I was asked. I provided, end of story. If that stings I'm sorry but if you don't want to know the answer, don't ask. Easy peasy. Chris B.
 
Of course it's your choice on whether to believe the information posted on a WA state government website or not. I understand there may be a skeptic in the crowd here. But, that has little to do with me or my opinion. I was asked. I provided, end of story. If that stings I'm sorry but if you don't want to know the answer, don't ask. Easy peasy. Chris B.

I do believe what the WA website says, and it does not say anything about
sweeping the legs. It is my opinion you are confusing the word and action
of a "swat" with the word and action of a "sweep".

What has little to do with you or your opinion? A skeptic on
a on a forum called "International Skeptics Forum"?

You are sorry if what stings? Your opinion is not the answer.
There is nothing stinging here, I can assure you of that.

I wanted an answer to the question about what part you play in
"Hungry Hungry Hippos".
Are you concerned someone is after your little white marbles? :eek:
 
I do believe what the WA website says, and it does not say anything about
sweeping the legs. It is my opinion you are confusing the word and action
of a "swat" with the word and action of a "sweep".

What has little to do with you or your opinion? A skeptic on
a on a forum called "International Skeptics Forum"?

You are sorry if what stings? Your opinion is not the answer.
There is nothing stinging here, I can assure you of that.

I wanted an answer to the question about what part you play in
"Hungry Hungry Hippos".
Are you concerned someone is after your little white marbles? :eek:


I'm confused. Maybe you can help me by explaining the difference in a Cougar's swatting motion with its front paws versus that of a Cougar's sweeping motion with it's front paws. Honestly , if I have made a mistake in my terminology once corrected I will certainly admit it. If you will be so kind. Chris B.

edited to ad: About the Hungry hippos comment. Yes it seems that whenever I comment on this forum it's like dropping a marble in the middle of a Hungry Hungry Hippos game. A simple comment brings out the attack. As an example please view River's post above with false accusations of conning money from people surely intended as a character attack.
 
Last edited:
Chris,

The Commonwealth absolutely, positively, cannot harbor a population of 9' x 6' giant bipedal apes. Period.

As a former school teacher I would hope you would have some knowledge of the state. You know, like how it was logged from one end to the other. How species were extirpated form all or most areas of the state. How the current deer herd, elk herd, and turkey flocks are the result of re-introductions by F&W.

Tell me Chris, when did F&W reintroduce bigfoot to the Commonwealth?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom