• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say anything about it being inappropriate.

You're quite right, it was commandlinegamer who said it was inappropriate. You remarked that a different cover showing an unrelated story was 'inappropriate'.

I'm still unclear which aspect of this cover story I'm supposed to tut at. Is it the bikini, commandlinegamer?
 
Well, I suppose that destroys my theory, and it brings back the possibility that it was an accident.


If she had been in his house all the time as cctv purportly shows and her body was found in the bathroom dressed in underwear, then it was no accident. For the state to argue premeditation, and they have the forensic report, Oscar is going down for murder.

Very sad state of affairs.
 
You're quite right, it was commandlinegamer who said it was inappropriate. You remarked that a different cover showing an unrelated story was 'inappropriate'.

I'm still unclear which aspect of this cover story I'm supposed to tut at. Is it the bikini, commandlinegamer?

Clearly, it's the fact that they failed to use a picture of her law school graduation.
 
This is sad. Oscar could've gone on to break more barriers by doing other sports. With the Olympics, he already had his foot in the door.
 
I was reading that as well. This is starting to sound a bit less like an accidental shooting.

Even if it was I have little sympathy for those which act without clear knowledge of an imminent threat of deadly force.
 
Even if there is no history that doesn't preclude him killing her.

Look I believe in innocent until guilty. So I think we should let the process just do what it does.

I agree, even if he does have a history, he should be on equal footing with any other defendant.
 
Not overly sure the cover is anything to get het up about.

Isn't it just a pic of her at her job?

Yes, but it's clearly there for titillation, which seems a little disrespectful considering she's just been murdered. Also, The Sun took the moral high ground in refusing to print bikini pictures of the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge, taken when she was on holiday. Then they do something even more exploitative.
 
Yes, but it's clearly there for titillation, which seems a little disrespectful considering she's just been murdered. Also, The Sun took the moral high ground in refusing to print bikini pictures of the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge, taken when she was on holiday. Then they do something even more exploitative.

IMO, any picture of scantily clad women is for titillation.

The moral high ground wrt the Sun and the royals translates into fear of litigation.

If there is so much moral outrage because of the picture of Reeva in the Sun, can you imagine what will be said when the TV show starring Reeva premieres this Saturday.

http://www.tropika-island.co.za/reeva-steenkamp/

"A celebrity reality show featuring the murdered girlfriend of Oscar Pistorius will still be broadcast on South African television despite her death, the producers said Friday.

The pre-recorded show filmed in an exotic location in Jamaica features the blonde model Reeva Steenkamp and several local personalities competing for one million rand ($113,500) prize money.

Producers of "Tropika Island of Treasure" said they had decided not to shelve the show, which will premiere on Saturday, two days after she was shot dead at Pistorius's home on Valentine's Day.

"As we grieve today with Reeva's family and friends and struggle to make sense of this shocking tragedy, it has taken much deliberation to come to the decision to continue screening Tropika Island of Treasure 5 as planned," executive producer Samantha Moon said in a statement.

"This week's episode will be dedicated to Reeva's memory."
 
Last edited:
I was wondering if the killing was even more premeditated than might first seem apparent. Oscar sent out a tweet in November saying:

"Nothing like getting home to hear the washing machine on and thinking its an intruder to go into full combat recon mode into the pantry!"

Most of the people I have heard reference this use it to support the notion that Oscar clearly had fears about his safety and was prone to worrying about intruders, therefore, it's no surprise that this happened.

To me it seems equally (or more) likely that he sent out that tweet to support his story about this later "accident." It seems a bit too convenient. Am I being overly suspicious?
 
Yes, but it's clearly there for titillation, which seems a little disrespectful considering she's just been murdered. Also, The Sun took the moral high ground in refusing to print bikini pictures of the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge, taken when she was on holiday. Then they do something even more exploitative.

There is a difference between Reeva Steenkamp, the model and The Duchess of Cambridge, the wife of the future King of the UK. Showing a photo of a model, modelling as opposed to someone on a private holiday.
 
Quite a few of the comments in this thread make the Sun's alleged inappropriateness to be very, very tame.
 
To me it seems equally (or more) likely that he sent out that tweet to support his story about this later "accident." It seems a bit too convenient. Am I being overly suspicious?

3 months later and he finally does the (planned) deed? Yes, I'd say overly suspicious.

Taken at face value, though, the tweet does suggest a deep paranoia.
 
Last edited:
I think I've rumbled his plan. Jail for 25 years and when he gets released he becomes president of South Africa. That's how it works over there, right?
 
There is a difference between Reeva Steenkamp, the model and The Duchess of Cambridge, the wife of the future King of the UK. Showing a photo of a model, modelling as opposed to someone on a private holiday.

Exactly, the girlfriend is quite hot, while Kate is unfortunately not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom