Alareth
Philosopher
On the republican side I'd like to see Huntsman try again. He seemed to be the only sensible candidate of the lot this time around, probably why he got no traction.
Announcement, everybody! We have a winner! 'Winner of what?,' you might ask. Well, I'll tell ya. In the contest for which of our contestants is the first to visit Iowa in this race, the winner is M. Rubio.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/84002.html
On the republican side I'd like to see Huntsman try again. He seemed to be the only sensible candidate of the lot this time around, probably why he got no traction.
Let's think outside the (party) box for a minute. Is there any upside to a Huntsman Democratic candidacy? Maybe not for Prez but, say, Senator?On the republican side I'd like to see Huntsman try again. He seemed to be the only sensible candidate of the lot this time around, probably why he got no traction.
I'm hearing talk about a couple of ambitious GOP governors who are interested in this thing. Personally, I think they're both DOA, but at least one of them has already journeyed to kiss the ring of Kingmaker Adelson.
They are Jan Brewer of Arizona and John Kasich of Ohio.
By the way, I'm now pretty sure that W. "M." Romney will not be running for anything again that requires votes from moochers and takers. Can we get consensus on scratching his name from the list?
Can anyone tell me if a major party (Dems or Reps) has ever nominated someone who didn't previously hold at least one of the following four jobs:
1. General
2. Governor
3. Senator
4. Representative
?
Why is he doing this? Does he think he can be nominated for President with this episode under his belt?
Can anyone tell me if a major party (Dems or Reps) has ever nominated someone who didn't previously hold at least one of the following four jobs:
1. General
2. Governor
3. Senator
4. Representative
?
Not aware of any, but have any really, really big city mayors ever made it? I know R. "N, V, 9/11" Giuliani tried and people are bandying about C. Booker.
Puppycow: I found 2 presidents that didn't have one of those offices.
W.H. Taft was Attorney General, a judge and the Provincial Governor of Cuba and the Philippines and Secretary of War prior to the Presidency.
H. Hoover was Secretary of Commerce.
Both were early 20th century Republicans.
The only thing Mittens is going to run for is the auto elevator. Give him the heave-ho.By the way, I'm now pretty sure that W. "M." Romney will not be running for anything again that requires votes from moochers and takers. Can we get consensus on scratching his name from the list?