• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Gillard labels Abbott a misogynist

I'm looking forward to a repeat of the Rabbit Run scenario when Slipper votes with the Libs.... then again...
 
Last edited:
Paul Kelly
://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/misogyny-tactic-will-backfire/story-e6frg6zo-1226494621560

The ...real story is that Labor exploits misogyny as a tactic for its own self-interest. The real story was Gillard’s hypocrisy. It was on brilliant display.

Michelle Grattan
http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/po...s-no-winner-20121011-27fm3.html#ixzz2987L6TTW

Gillard did the wrong thing in embracing Slipper last year and again in resisting his ditching. She might have made a hero of herself to some feminists by flailing Abbott, but she betrayed feminism in trying to protect Slipper (that she condemned his messages is not enough mitigation). The clarion call that so appealed to those praising her was another confusing message for many who find her hard to read.

Laurie Oakes

Former Liberal leader John Hewson told Sky News: "Yes, the Prime Minister gave a great speech, but I gather the band played pretty well as the Titanic went down as well."
There was a fair bit of truth in that comparison.
The Slipper affair was a political disaster of the Government's own making.

and

The speech was initially reported with more restraint in Australia because it was placed in the context of Peter Slipper's grubby text messages and the government hypocrisy and bumble-footedness that preceded his forced resignation as speaker.[/I]

I am taking comments from the journalistic A graders here.
 
No wonder you're incapable of seeing Abbott's hypocrisy and misogyny,

Please provide evidence of his "hypocrisy and misogyny". Show me it and I might believe it. In the meantime, it is Gillard's that is on display and is being discussed by the serious commentators.

I would also appreciate an answer to whether you (and everyone else) thinks Gillard should have booted him out.
 
Last edited:
Please provide evidence of his "hypocrisy and misogyny". Show me it and I might believe it. In the meantime, it is Gillard's that is on display and is being discussed by the serious commentators that agree with me.

Fixed that for you
 
Please provide evidence of his "hypocrisy and misogyny".


The Prime Minister did a far better job of it than I could in the video posted in the OP.

Perhaps you should watch it a few more times.


I would also appreciate an answer to whether you (and everyone else) thinks Gillard should have booted him out.


Then perhaps you should ask about it the appropriate thread rather than here where someone is likely to report you for derailing this one.
 
Alfie, this thread is about Abbott's mysogeny. Any comments about "housewives doing the ironing"; men being more suitable for the exercise of authority; supporting the "ditch the witch" merchants; abortion being " the easy way out; "make an honest woman of yourself"?

You are trying to derail this thread, how about addressing the words from Abbott's own mouth?
 
I repeat:

Yes, you do. You really do. To the benefit of nobody. It was a good speech.
Abbott attacked and got slammed back into his corner.
I posted somewhere once that Abbott wouldn't stand a chance in a cage fight with Gillard. That's about as close as we'll get, and I wasn't wrong.

Facts:
Gillard defended due process.
Abbot is a bigot.
You already have a dedicated "Gillard is a liar" thread.
No need to drag the whole thing over here.
 
Yes, you do. You really do. To the benefit of nobody. It was a good speech.
Abbott attacked and got slammed back into his corner.
I posted somewhere once that Abbott wouldn't stand a chance in a cage fight with Gillard. That's about as close as we'll get, and I wasn't wrong.

Facts:
Gillard defended due process.
Abbot is a bigot.
You already have a dedicated "Gillard is a liar" thread.
No need to drag the whole thing over here.

^^ This. Though I would add that Gillard not only defended due process (something the vocal minority seem to have missed), but she also tore shreds off Abbott's attempts at turning parliament into a complete ****-fight. But you said that anyway so...

Good post.
 
Last edited:
^^ This. Though I would add that Gillard not only defended due process (something the vocal minority seem to have missed), but she also tore shreds off Abbott's attempts at turning parliament into a complete ****-fight. But you said that anyway so...

Good post.

Agreed. The speech will not stand with some of Keating's or Hawke's but it was one of the best heard in parliament in the last decade.
 
Also, calling out the douchebag on his hypocrisy and misogyny was completely warranted. You don't get to bitch at people for being sexist when you are a sexist bigot yourself.

But Abbott isn't a sexist bigot, he's got a wife and three daughters that he seems to conveniently trot out to say that he's not whenever people call him a sexist bigot.
 
So your interpretation is just like hers then; (something like) "Yes he is a misogynist, but he is too, so it's even"?
Nope. Pointing out person A's hypocrisy isn't a defense person B's flaws. Try again.

Please provide evidence of his "hypocrisy and misogyny".
LOL, what? Really? Well then, see lionking's post.

But Abbott isn't a sexist bigot, he's got a wife and three daughters that he seems to conveniently trot out to say that he's not whenever people call him a sexist bigot.
Ah, yeah, of course. :) Misogynist sexist bigots never marry and never have daughters. It is known.
 
Nope. Pointing out person A's hypocrisy isn't a defense person B's flaws. Try again.

Apparently yes you can, Alfie grows very quiet when it is pointed out the lies other Prime Ministers have told over the years.
 
I've already answered that. Your mistranslation of my response is your problem, not mine.

Actually you haven't. You have referred to a speech made under parliamentary privilege that was devoid of context. In fact much oif it was an outright lies and unsupportable.
Perhaps you can find some actual evidence in context.

Pointing out person A's hypocrisy isn't a defense person B's flaws.

Which is exactly what I am saying.
What Gillard did was to point at Abbott (and lie a lot) in defense of Slipper.

Cheers.

Really? Well then, see lionking's post.

What for? All that is in there are some vague references to some things that someone might have said. Context please and evidence please..



As an aside, (left loving) Insiders is also giving her a big whack over this today. Catch it if you can.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom