• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Founder of Sea Shepherd Arrested in Germany

Oh hell ya. I want to see Dog's wife...with the super huge titties running after the mouth breather and tackling the **** out of him.
And then tell him about Jesus the whole 10,000 mile boat ride back to Germany.
 
If the actual purpose was to save the lives of whales, then the Inuit of Alaska would be a far easier and more effective target than the Japanese whalers.

Um. Dunno if this has been mentioned the the major problem with Japanese whaling is that they conduct it within the agreed Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary. They hunt in the Antarctic, half a world away from Japan, without regard for territorial claims and international treaties. That is why Japan is a target.
 
Last edited:
Um. Dunno if this has been mentioned the the major problem with Japanese whaling is that they conduct it within the agreed Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary. They hunt in the Antarctic, half a world away from Japan, without regard for territorial claims and international treaties. That is why Japan is a target.

It has been discussed quite a bit. But what about their campaigns in the Faroe Islands?...where non-endangered pilot whales are hunted legally in the Faroese territorial waters....where it's illegal to interfere with the hunt?
 
But what about their campaigns in the Faroe Islands?...

By they I assume you mean Sea Shepherd. Dunno. Can't speak for them, I was just talking about why the Japanese hunt in general should be viewed as more egregious than most others.
 
Not to mention they do it with the IWC's loophole of "scientific research".

Only a few problems with that. Nothing that they published makes any sense, has no scientific value, and is never published in any respectable journals.
 
Not to mention they do it with the IWC's loophole of "scientific research".

Only a few problems with that. Nothing that they published makes any sense, has no scientific value, and is never published in any respectable journals.

I'm not defending the Japanese whaling in the southern ocean. But I am condemning anyone who takes the law into their own hands. Watson is a vigilante...and deserves every bit of the jail sentence he's running from...the *********** coward.
 
I'd agree, to a point Mac.

I agree that he is a vigilante. I don't agree with SOME of the things he does, but if nobody else will, and he is, I am ok with that.

I personally am against whaling, but not fanatically.

I will agree that he shouldn't have left the country against the orders of a judge.
 
NoahFence++

I usually end up giving a few hundred dollars to Sea Shepard Society every year. I think, especially for what they're doing, direct action really helps, and it brings the issue of whale hunting into the mainstream, and puts huge amount of international pressure on nations which permit research commercial whaling.

I have to call BS.... they're attention whores whoring for TV. Maybe to call attention to their cause, maybe just for the sake of whoring, I don't care. Yes whaling is wrong, BUT the first impression that this show made on me was you have a bunch of dangerously inexperienced people on ships in very dangerous waters, that act alone shows the Watson is an ass and a dangerous one.

But their approach is also half assed. They have clearly thrown out the green peace rule book, but if they really wanna be pirates, get a big nasty boat with a ramming prow that you know can take a hit or three while cleaving the other guy's hull and engage and sink the whalers. And then be preapred to man up and face the consequences for doing that.

You want a war, fight a war, but the current show is crap and all of you know.
 
Paul Watson endangers his own crew and the crew's general incompetence makes for good comedy but its only a matter of time before one of these activists gets themselves killed.

He has often been quoted as saying he expects his suckers er, followers to be preapred to risk their lives for whales. he is looking for martyrs, and ratings....
 
Suppose that we aren't talking about fully self-aware humans, but humans who are at a similar level of awareness as seals and whales, like infants or children?

do you give money to PETA or the elf or alf?
 
So this is where the Usual Suspects have been instead of the other animal thread.

Personally, I think there are more effective/meaningful ways of making progress on this issue.

if youre as opposed to whaling as he whores himself out as, SINK the whalers and be done, and dont cry when you go to prison or worse.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom