• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, one person boycotting anything has pretty much no effect. If others do so, it might.

Correct.

The fact that your hyperbolic (in the literary sense, not mathematical) figure of 99.9999999999% means that 0.000 019 people in Florida (based on 2012 population) have been in a situation like this, whereas this case puts it at at least 1 person and stand-your-ground defenses put it in the tens of people means that you are mathematically illiterate.

1 out of 19,057,542, plus the 82.6 million that visited Florida in 2010 means.....You can even bump the number of SYG cases up to 100 if you like, it matters naught.

The fact that despite your brevard county "badge" on your user profile you do not refer to any laws or legal aspects of the case shows that you are not up on those either.

Wait, what? Are you ****** kidding me? I've cited no less than 20 different links to different Florida laws, and also Florida cases on similar subjects that have come up in this thread, and you wanna call me ignorant?

You're obviously mistaken. Go back and read the damn thread before making any kind of assumptions.

In summary: **yawn**

In summary: You're post is complete nonsense, based on nothing but your own ignorance.

Kick rocks Finn.
 
The law you mentioned made me think of something...

If Zimmerman is found guilty of a felony, wouldn't 10 20 Life come into play?

Doubtful. The 10-20-Life law applies to when someone is committing a felony.

If during the commission of a felony, a person pulls a gun, 10 years.

If that gun is fired, 20 years.

If someone is hit by the bullet, no matter if they live or die, it's a mandatory life imprisonment.

See here.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/10-20-life/


And here.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...087&URL=0700-0799/0775/Sections/0775.087.html

It wouldn't apply, but a great question.
 
Last edited:
I would think that Martin approached Zimmerman from what I have read. Zimmerman was following Martin, but it was Martin who decided to close the distance and ask Zimmerman why he was following. It was Martin who initiated the personal contact between the two, imo.

I must have missed some reports. What backs up that assumption? M closed the gap on Z??

On what basis? Because you would know that? I fail to see how you can be sure of this.

And given the comment, "the :rule10 always get away", it suggests Z was frustrated and might have attempted to stop T thinking he'd do that and present T to the police when they arrived.

I think the biggest piece of evidence, that Z possibly did more than just follow, was that Z was close enough to M for M to ask Z what he wanted!

That is not how close you follow someone if you are just keeping an eye on them.

LTC8K6 says above there is some evidence that they were so close because M closed the gap on Z. I would really like to see that.
 
:confused:

The fight was witnessed by an uninvolved 3rd party <snip>

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the "saw the fight" witness a 13 year old boy?

Please don't try to frame it, or imply that I'm framing it, just let me know if that is correct.
 
You mean it took authorities 3 weeks to ask her for a statement? They didn't even look at the cell phone and notice that the victim was on the phone immediately before he was shot? (Or they did, but didn't get a statement from the party the victim was talking to?)

This reminds me of the fact, as far as I understand it, that the father (who lives close by) did not find out about the incident until the next day.

He completely missed the gunshot and all the police and ambulance.

The GF, who I imagine was worried sick, did not try and contact the father? Perhaps she didn't know how, or the relationship was secret for whatever reason.
 
Truth to which?

Arrests don't stay open forever. When the case is over, it's over. It's closed.

The incidents? They have been widely reported and I have no reason to doubt them. There was nothing unusual in their disposition, iirc.

True, but I believe closed in that context means closed without a conviction. Which could be iffy if he is the son of a judge.
 
According to this, the lead homicide detective filed an affidavit saying he disbelieved Zimmerman's story and wanted to charge him with manslaughter, but the State's Attorney's office refused to file charges saying there was insufficient evidence.

What I don't get is how they arrived at that decision. They'd scarcely even begun the investigation. All they had was Zimmerman's (apparently dubious) testimony and that of a few eyewitnesses. They didn't even wait until they got a chance to talk to more witnesses or listen to the 911 call recordings? Seems that the Sanford police were far more concerned with covering their own asses against a civil suit for wrongful arrest, than the fact that a teenage kid lay shot to death for no good reason at all.

All I can say is, y'all have some messed up laws down there in Florida. What kind of legislature thinks it's a good idea to prohibit officers from making an arrest in a homicide case, just forego an investigation and just let a killer walk free, so long as the guy has a good-sounding cover story? It's insane. There's no other word for it.

I ever want to kill somebody, I'll have to remember to go do it in the Sunshine State.
 
George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests

I've no idea about the veracity of the article or the relevance of the accusations. I suspect both are shaky at best.

According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.

All three of those arrests, however, were mysteriously closed with no semblance of charges for the Florida resident.

Wait, so there were 2 separate incidents with cops?
 
True, but I believe closed in that context means closed without a conviction. Which could be iffy if he is the son of a judge.

He was arrested 1 time for that bar incident when he pushed a cop when he was young and drunk. Charges were dropped after he attended a pretrial program. The other item on his record is when his ex-fiance filed a restraining order against him ACCUSING him of domestic violence, he refiled back against her.
 
According to this, the lead homicide detective filed an affidavit saying he disbelieved Zimmerman's story and wanted to charge him with manslaughter, but the State's Attorney's office refused to file charges saying there was insufficient evidence.

What I don't get is how they arrived at that decision. They'd scarcely even begun the investigation.

<snip>


Wow that is interesting if true. That could tie into the 'son of a judge' story.
 
RandFan, wake up ! ;)

This has also been discussed ad nauseum earlier.

IE:
In 2005, Zimmerman was charged with resisting arrest with violence. State alcohol agents said Zimmerman pushed them while they were arresting a friend of his during an underage drinking operation at a bar. Zimmerman avoided a conviction by going into a pretrial program that is offered to people with no prior arrests.

Did you even read RandFan's link?? Or even the title that is in RandFan's post?

3 Closed Arrests

3 is news to me, it has been 2 so far. And the "new" one is the worse of the three.

The first run in with the cops the 'without violence' one was discussed, but this second run-in is news to me:

According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.

All three of those arrests, however, were mysteriously closed with no semblance of charges for the Florida resident.

I'm not saying I believe it, but this is new info.
 
Last edited:
Yeah apparently he was out drinking with a buddy, the friend was being arrested for drunk and disorderly or somesuch, and Zimmerman attempted to intervene in the arrest, pushing the cop who was making the arrest. It was a first offense, so they allowed him to avoid a judgment by signing a pretrial agreement to attend alcohol/drug "school." That's not uncommon in many states.

I haven't read any details about any other incident involving police or resisting arrest.

The domestic incident was apparently a case where his ex-fiancee accused him of violence but declined to press criminal charges. Apparently they both filed restraining orders against one another, with no further incident.

Either way he's a real upstanding pillar of society, this Neighborhood Watch captain.
 
Last edited:
Did you even read RandFan's link?? Or even the title that is in RandFan's post?



3 is news to me, it has been 2 so far. And the "new" one is the worse of the three.

The first run in with the cops the 'without violence' one was discussed, but this second run-in is news to me:



I'm not saying I believe it, but this is new info.

did you even read the RandFan link's second page where they posted his record?

4 items on his record. 2 refers to the same bar incident arrest, 2 refers to the restraining order filed against him and him against his ex-fiance.
 
He also shot and killed an unarmed teenager who was walking home from the 711 with candy.
 
Last edited:
Didn't collect Zimmerman's clothing, and allowed him to leave the station wearing the same clothes he came in wearing.
So we do not know in which position he was holding the weapon when it discharged. Freaking brilliant. This sort of thing matters if he is going to claim that Martin was trying to take the weapon away. I hope they at least got the residue patterns from Martin's clothing.

Didn't do any type of blood alcohol test, or draw blood to determine if any drugs played a role. (This is actually required under Florida law. I'll find the law for you.)
Did not have a homicide investigator question Zimmerman at any time. If one was not on staff, the local Sheriff (Seminole County) would surely have sent one. A narcotics officer, while highly qualified in narcotics investigations, is not a homicide investigator. There are so many more laws when it comes to self defense, stand your ground, and homicide, that it takes a specially trained investigator to conduct those type investigations.
The two parts I hilited smell a bit of FAIL, don't you think?


It's usually SOP that a representative of the District Attorney's office visit the scene of a murder where self defense is claimed. This did not happen.

Sounds like someone thinking "Ho,hum. Another dead black thug."
 
pushed a cop once when he was young and drunk, and got in a fight with his ex-fiance once.

quite a history of violence this guy has.
What I have read suggests that he was trying to take her cell phone away when she tried to call the cops on him.

That's a felony where I live.

THUG to the bone.
 
According to this, the lead homicide detective filed an affidavit saying he disbelieved Zimmerman's story and wanted to charge him with manslaughter, but the State's Attorney's office refused to file charges saying there was insufficient evidence.

What I don't get is how they arrived at that decision. They'd scarcely even begun the investigation. All they had was Zimmerman's (apparently dubious) testimony and that of a few eyewitnesses. They didn't even wait until they got a chance to talk to more witnesses or listen to the 911 call recordings? Seems that the Sanford police were far more concerned with covering their own asses against a civil suit for wrongful arrest, than the fact that a teenage kid lay shot to death for no good reason at all.

Did that idiot State's Attorney even know who Martin was at that point?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom