• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question: In your opinion or better knowledge, why no arrest?

The police report seems to say that he was disarmed and taken into custody at the scene, and transported downtown to be interviewed.

He was released after the interviews because his story matched what they saw, and they could not charge him at that time.
 
You give me too much credit. You're doing a fine job on your own.
It would be nice if you could actually discuss the issue at hand. Do you have something, anything to say about GZ, TM or something regarding the case?
 
Last edited:
You first.
The fact that there is a lynch mob acting like jack asses doesn't prove the guilt or innocence of Zimmerman. It doesn't prove the guilt or innocence of Martin. It doesn't prove anything about anything other than there are idiots who are engaged in lynch mob behavior.
 
Last edited:
The fact that there is a lynch mob acting like jack asses doesn't prove the guilty or innocence of Zimmerman. It doesn't prove the guilt or innocence of Martin. It doesn't prove anything about anything other than there are idiots who are engaged in lynch mob behavior.

So, you got nothing. Me too.
 
I think it's hilarious that a mob of civil rights activists wants a man killed without trial and are actually distributing the wanted posters.

I also think George Zimmerman is a walking dead man.
 
I think it's hilarious that a mob of civil rights activists wants a man killed without trial and are actually distributing the wanted posters.

I also think George Zimmerman is a walking dead man.

He could be sitting, actually.
 
Judging from the way this story has shaped up in the media (and how viewers are hanging with baited breath on every "development" and "analysis"), I wouldn't be surprised if the networks have people writing what amounts to weekly story arcs.

Of course the facts have fit loosely into those arcs, but as the saying goes, they need not get in the way
 
If the medics felt he needed to be treated here in Illinois he would be discharged ASA (against staff advice), and certainly the police could have accompanied him to the ER, I call lawyering...

Same here. We call it AMA, but same thing. (Against Medical Advice)

I call bull ****. If he had asked to see a doctor, they would have called for an ambulance, one would have arrived, and an officer would have accompanied him to the ER.

If not, the department would be in SO much legal trouble, the entire department right now would be on unpaid admin leave.

I think that this is made up, to make the police look incompetent. Not that they need any help in that.....
 
The police report seems to say that he was disarmed and taken into custody at the scene, and transported downtown to be interviewed.

He was released after the interviews because his story matched what they saw, and they could not charge him at that time.

I agree that what you summarize above seems to have occurred. What I am wondering, and would like to hear from knowledgeable Floridian law enforcement or legal experts on is why there was not more investigation done to determine if the shooter had actually provoked the encounter and thus invalidated chapter 776.013 by the content of chapter 776.041 (or what investigation was done to show that 776.041 (2) did not apply or was pre-empted by 776.041 (2)(a)).

Obviously my opinion could now be contaminated by after-the-fact spin, but I would like to think that officers coming on scene with a dead body and a smoking gun would investigate the homicide (remember, even if it is justified, it is still homicide) and that there would be actual detectives involved in the case. It must be the effect of too many cop shows on TV, but I would expect detectives to be involved in investigating and clearing homicides.
 
When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

A statement from Sanford, Florida police said the newspaper story was "consistent" with evidence turned over to prosecutors.

But it's not good enough for you ?

You clearly aren't interested in discussing the facts.

ETA: I think I'm demonstrated I willing to repeat plenty of information for those interested in an honest discussion

Except the problem that we have, from the initial police report I linked to, says nothing about a fat lip, and stated he was treated at the scene.

So, which one is false?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom