After a quick online search, I found two references to teacher salaries of $95,000. This may be instructive, even if our illustrious troll continues to ignore demands for evidence, and won't even
identify his general location.
One item I found was a report about the Upper Perkiomen School District in Pennsylvania.
Starting salaries for teachers in Upper Perkiomen are about $42,000, with teachers at the top of the pay scale earning $95,000. The average teacher's salary is $68,500.
http://articles.mcall.com/2010-06-25/news/mc-upper-perk-budget-20100625_1_sandra-kassel-upper-perkiomen-education-association-teachers-contract
According to the website of the Upper Perkiomen School District, it "is situated in the Upper Perkiomen Valley (Pennsburg, Red Hill, East Greenville, Green Lane, Barto, and Sumneytown), Pennsylvania...." Most of these towns are in Montgomery County, others are near it.
Montgomery County is
ranked at 20 in the list of 50 highest-income counties by personal per capita income (2005).
The nice thing about this article is that it also gives the average salary and starting salary for a district with the top salary brought up by JQ.
Another example that I found was a recent scandal in Connecticut where a well-payed teacher was stealing money from other teachers' purses. JQ, I know you're going to love this one. Susan Dinnean, 55, of Redding, Connecticut, quit her teaching job that paid $94,996. She taught at Middlebrook Middle School in Wilton.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Teacher-Steals-20-Quits-Her-94996-Job-70011187.html
Here is an Excel spreadsheet which shows income for towns in Connecticut according to the 2000 Census. Wilton was fourth-highest for median household income ($141,428) and median family income ($158,415), and sixth-highest for per capita income ($65,806). Redding isn't far behind.
XLS file:
http://www.ct.gov/ecd/cwp/view.asp?a=1106&q=250652
Both of those towns are in Fairfield County, which is
ranked at 6 in the list of 20 highest-income counties by average per capita income (2009).
The pattern I'm seeing
so far is that top teacher salaries of around $95,000 happen in the wealthiest areas of the nation. Is this really surprising? Are there places which break the pattern?
According to JQ's claim about his income
here, and Schedules Y and Z
here (he has mentioned a
wife, but I don't know which schedule they are using), JQ's household income is in the $315,000-$335,000 range. He
probably lives in one of those wealthiest counties. All this means that
of course they will have high maximum teacher salaries.