• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Public Education is a Socialist Monopoly

Please try hard not to get banned from the forum. You're one of the funniest posters around at the moment. Bishadi is just getting old.

Shhhh! He's listening! ... he'll hear his name, and then we've got nothin' to work with ... nothin'! ... soon it'll be all "school is proof of teh em heat" and "teachers cant comprehend and they believers in teh entropy". I don't want that here ... I can actually understand read JQ's posts. I can work with that, at least. :rolleyes:
 
So all we've really worked out in this thread is that left-leaning liberals suck and everyone should get a Bugatti Veyron for free.

Amirite?

I wonder if JQ will post a response to any of our questions and/or have a response without using the words "leftist" or "Obama", etc.? He's missed about 90% of the conversation so far.
 
I wonder if JQ will post a response to any of our questions and/or have a response without using the words "leftist" or "Obama", etc.? He's missed about 90% of the conversation so far.

And thus, a new drinking game was born...
 
I am sorry. Sorry that the use of facts angers you. Sorry that I have wasted any time at all trying to get you to make an argument based on facts. Your failed arguments and anger are your own.

Doubt, your little block calls you an "Illuminator."

You posted nothing illuminating above. Quite to the contrary.
This is the problem with teachers.
Wrong assumption on your part. I am not a teacher. Neither are most of those posting here.

1. You all march in lockstep, leftist lockstep. Not one of you has the courage to break union ranks and TRY TO UNDERSTAND what I am saying.

Not one of you.
I understand what you are saying. The problem is you don't understand what you are saying. Your Incompetence is what I am arguing against here.

2. I cited, specifically, the "TOP PAY," the "SUPER MAX" and so of course you parade out "averages" for ALL teachers, and compare apples and zebras.
The problem is you are trying to use statistical outliers to argue a generalization. Furthermore you cannot present any facts to support the statistical outlier. If you were reading for content, you would know that following through on what I have asked you for could strengthen your argument. But you just continue to fail to make a competent argument.


Is that how you people teach your charges?
One more time. Not a teacher. Never claimed or implied that I was. My father was a teacher. I like making money so I became an engineer.

I believe I also stated that first year teachers in this district make something on the order of $45,000 or $50,000. The averages are "a long, long way from 95K."
I don't believe you did. But if so, just tell us which post that was.


Yes you DO "have some evidence." Powerful stuff.

Averages versus the top tier.

Grade: D-

If you wish to argue about teachers being overpaid, you are going to have to talk about averages. Or possibly the mean or mode numbers. Have you ever taken a statistics class?

For example, I could site the bottom 10th percentile and claim that teachers are underpaid. But that would be just as wrong as citing the 90th percentile. Neither is representative of teachers in general. That means that both figures would be invalid. But both numbers have one thing going for them that your numbers don't. The source is known and can be verified. Your numbers appear to be nothing more than hot air.

You may not believe this, but there are conservatives on this board. They won't come to your aid. They won't voluntarily jump onto a sinking ship to bail it out after the hull is already under water. But even if they tried to correct you, you would accuse them of being leftists.
 
Last edited:
So all we've really worked out in this thread is that left-leaning liberals suck and everyone should get a Bugatti Veyron for free.

Amirite?

Nope. Change that to an Aston Martin and we have a deal.
 
Except that if such a system were to come into place, there are certain constitutional protections which would no longer apply, such as the separation of church & state. I think that's one reason why so many fundamentalists support school vouchers in the first place.

Private schools don't necessarily have to be religion based, but I'm assuming most of them are (yes, I'm nitpicking :p).

But my point was more that Jonathan's system of dumping everyone into "private" schools isn't going to create anything different or better than the current system. Not to mention he's ignoring that there are plenty of public schools that are just as good, if not better, than many private schools (as Schrodinger's Cat correctly pointed out earlier in the thread, and I will also vouch for since I'm in the area).

He's making noise and ranting just because. He's not presenting any viable alternative to the current system which, everyone agrees, needs reform in many, many places.
 
Last edited:
Originally Posted by JonathanQuick
Having faced a relentless onslaught of ad hominem attacks, I asked for specifics.

You mean specifics like where that $95,000 figure came from?

You know very well that I meant the SPECIFICS of WHAT I said that was "a lie" and what I said that was "vitriolic".


You know that very well, as do the rest of the gentle and tolerant folk here, and yet you spin to suit your agenda.

That is anti-intellectual and dishonest of you.


Quote:
On top of that, you call yourself "a good teacher."
Yep!

Quote:
Tell me, how many times in your classroom do you call students "ignorant"?
Zero.

Quote:
How many times do you tell your students they "don't know anything"?
Again, zero. Where do you get such ridiculous ideas?

So you and the rest of the lovelies here talk quite differently in person than you do anonymously, where mob mentality rules.




Please cite in which post I called you ignorant and anti-science and claimed you don't read and know nothing.

In the countless posts where I have been attacked, you have not whispered a word of objection.


Qi tacet consentire videtur.

And the mob, your mob, rages on.
 
Originally Posted by JonathanQuick
Having faced a relentless onslaught of ad hominem attacks, I asked for specifics.



You know very well that I meant the SPECIFICS of WHAT I said that was "a lie" and what I said that was "vitriolic".


You know that very well, as do the rest of the gentle and tolerant folk here, and yet you spin to suit your agenda.

That is anti-intellectual and dishonest of you.




So you and the rest of the lovelies here talk quite differently in person than you do anonymously, where mob mentality rules.






In the countless posts where I have been attacked, you have not whispered a word of objection.

No one is obliged to fight your battles for you -- from what I have read, you have gone on the offensive first more often than not.

I mean that in the constructive, non left-wing sense. :)
 
Last edited:
No one is obliged to fight your battles for you -- from what I have read, you have gone on the offensive first more often than not.

I mean that in the contructive, non left-wing sense. :)

You bloody communist.
 
That's a fair point and a tough choice. I'm not sure which I would prefer.
If you weren't such a stupid leftist, you'd know that the BV Super Sport is the correct choice.
 
That is anti-intellectual and dishonest of you.

Do you want to know what is intellectually dishonest about your posts? You have not attempted to give us an ounce of evidence for the following statements:

(1)
Incidentally, isn't it the pinnacle of hypocrisy that thousands of public school teachers send their kids to... private schools...... while preaching exactly the opposite.


(2)
Granted that physicists are much more intelligent than the average teacher.


(3) IMST asked for evidence of a trend here, but instead you gave him a newspaper clipping and no formal research:

"25% of public school teachers in Washington and Baltimore send their children to private schools." -

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/sep/22/20040922-122847-5968r/


(4)
The highest correlate to educational achievement is the educational level of the subject's father.


(5)
The "service they provide" varies wildly, thanks to teachers' unions which always insist on keeping even the most incompetent of teachers.


(6)
New York City schools were featured on a national news investigation a few years ago, and they showed a huge building where hundreds of incompetent teachers were housed daily. They teach nobody. They do whatever they want. They cannot be fired because of the teachers' union.


(7)
Education majors have the lowest SAT score, on average, of any stated major.
 
Do you want to know what is intellectually dishonest about your posts? You have not attempted to give us an ounce of evidence for the following statements:

Please start doing some work yourself... for a change.

Moreover, start ordering your pals to give you ounces of evidence.
You blindly accept anything a fellow Leftist says.

Most hypocritical.

Education majors LOWEST on SAT scores, on average.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/williams051904.asp

Lovely.

Incidentally, what is the MOST informative post you have made in the past two or three days?
Let's see it. I have searched in vain for something material you have written - something substantive.
I quit after looking down your entire first page of recent posts.

To the Ignore List you go as well.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom