I earn about $88,000 a year, but then I have a Masters degree in
physics (not in
physics education, thank you) and have been teaching for about 13 years. In the free market, I can demand a higher salary than most others in my field due to my degree and experience. In addition, I happen to teach in a well-to-do community who wants real experts in their subject matter teaching at the local high school.
So, even in our "evil, socialist" system there is a fair amount of capitalism and free-market forces at work. Ironic, given the OP
Please, please, enough with the "free-market forces at work."
1. Your pal, uruk, claims to have graduated Suma (SIC) cum laude:
"Yea, I want to work there. I've been teaching at a local community college for eleven years and my salary is only $60,000. And I graduated Suma cum laude "
Pretty funny. Roll your eyes on that one, physicist.
2. You work 9 months, not 11 1/2. Adjust for that. You're good at math.
3. Granted that physicists are much more intelligent than the average teacher. What then do you do to try to get rid of the dross? Nothing is probably a good guess. Your union won't let you do a damn thing.
Kids are stuck with incompetents all over America.
4. Finally, why don't you put in your application for a job earning MORE than
$8,888.88 a month, plus all the cushy benefits teachers get. I'll bet you $10,000 you can't find such a job in 90 days.
See, I wagered two leftists a few years ago when they shot their mouths off.
The first was Ken Minyard, a retiring talk show host. He called all conservatives "stupid." I offered to pay for IQ tests for both of us, and the loser would pay the winner $10,000. Big Mouth Ken passed.
Then fat boy Josh Mankewicz of NBC, I believe, said the same thing in an e-mail to me. I made that offer to tubby, and he passed.
My last test came in at 135 or 140, I can't recall which. But as a chemical engineer, I have respect for other science grads. For education and sociology majors, feminist studies, ethnic studies, basket weaving, and so forth, not so much.
Incidentally, I found it extremely bad judgment on your part when you hatefully attacked the emeritus physics professor at UC Santa Barbara.
Extremely bad judgment.