Yes, but then again sometimes people do dumb things. If you want to go over an interrogation to make sure you didn't miss anything, then it's a good idea to videotape it. The dumb thing, if all this is true, was letting the Commission find out that videotapes existed; the rest is just standard CYA. And one of the classic problems with conspiracy theories is that they depend on nobody having done anything just mildly stupid, like letting it be too widely known that they've been doing something suspicious, but demand that they both get everything perfect and do monumentally stupid things like accidentally confessing everything on a pre-recorded TV show. I find it a lot more plausible that the CIA tried to keep their enhnced interrogation techniques under wraps, but somebody said something they shouldn't have, and the Bush administration had to invoke national security to stop the leak.
Dave
I wish my life was as black and white and as straighforward as a truthers. Everything done in orderly fashion, by the book and perfect with no lose ends and all reading from the same hymn sheet. Reality then kicks in.
I agree completely Dave. A leak is probably correct. I also know that the CIA do a difficult job, probably made more difficult due to interagency ethos. In as much to say that when dealing with matters of terrorism, and more importantly the prevention of it occuring, i think that it is only right that we fight it with any means possible. I know that not everyone will agree and never will but i can only speak from personal experiences of seeing first hand the lengths terrorists will go to. Preventing 911 happening again or preventing child suicide bombers often requires radical inervention and action.
