• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Christian side-hug.

Yeah... 12 years in a Christian school, and attending lots of youth camps and meetings meant a lot of side hugs for me. At that time I was happy to take what I could get...

It's the sheer sexual repressedness of Christianity (or at least the brand I was involved with) that eventually was the straw that broke the camels back. If you want to keep the youth in your congregation a little cop and feel every now and then is the ticket :D
 
Yeah... 12 years in a Christian school, and attending lots of youth camps and meetings meant a lot of side hugs for me. At that time I was happy to take what I could get...

It's the sheer sexual repressedness of Christianity (or at least the brand I was involved with) that eventually was the straw that broke the camels back. If you want to keep the youth in your congregation a little cop and feel every now and then is the ticket :D

This could be a revolution in christianity. After every lecture on how Jesus loves you and God wants to send you to hell, they can have an orgy. Possibly mud wrestling. Attendance will go through the roof!
 
Growing up in a catholic church, we hugged full on. You weren't doing it right unless you heard backbones crack. Don't understand how a hug could be construed as sexual myself, since 99% of hugs were with old women. I swear a few of them copped a feel though. But I don't want to think about that...
 
Growing up in a catholic church, we hugged full on. You weren't doing it right unless you heard backbones crack. Don't understand how a hug could be construed as sexual myself, since 99% of hugs were with old women. I swear a few of them copped a feel though. But I don't want to think about that...

I highlighted the flaw in your logic. As several True ChristiansTM have pointed out to me over the years, you are nothing more than papist idoloters who *gasp* consume alcohol IN CHURCH and worship the saints (yes somebody once argued this to me). For them it is no surprise that you would display such loose morals as to engage in full frontal hugs.
 
I just heard Mio Adilman talk about the video on CBC Radio One's Q.

He's claiming that it was a parody, even though the "rappers" are Christian. Apparently (according to Mio), these homies have also taken the mick on other fundie concepts.
 
Last edited:
For some reason, whenever this thread comes back up, I find myself thinking of the song "Do the Hustle!", but with the lyrics "Do the Side Hug!" instead. It's freaking me out.
 
I'm a little surprised nobody has brought up my favorite example of Christian parasitic and confusing rap.

 
I'm a little surprised nobody has brought up my favorite example of Christian parasitic and confusing rap.


Ok, I gotta say, you can't compare the two.

That vid is good. Really good. And I'm not kidding.

This guy's got a sense of humor, he's smart, he knows when he's being funny, and it's a means toward his message.

I can't fault it.

I really, genuinely like it.
 
Piggy said:
I'm a little surprised nobody has brought up my favorite example of Christian parasitic and confusing rap.


Ok, I gotta say, you can't compare the two.

That vid is good. Really good. And I'm not kidding.

This guy's got a sense of humor, he's smart, he knows when he's being funny, and it's a means toward his message.

I can't fault it.

I really, genuinely like it.
I thought the joke was lame, but I agree that it was well executed. The guy can rap, and he writes good lyrics.

The video in the OP, on the other hand, was just pathetic.
 
I thought the joke was lame, but I agree that it was well executed. The guy can rap, and he writes good lyrics.

The video in the OP, on the other hand, was just pathetic.

I disagree. For what it was, it's damn good.
 
My sound has gone, no idea what she was talking about.

I lip read it as " come and get me big boy"

could be wrong though.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom