I just linked this video on another thread but I wanted to b sure to share it with you too as you had made this statement reguarding the mark of the beast. This Pastor is sharing info on the RFID being related to the mark. Check this out
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7886083780458588815
Let me see if I understand this raving jack-ass correctly: Because pets have chips inserted under their skin, it means that people are going to be coerced into doing the same. Following the "logic" of this argument, we could argue that once the technology of branding cattle was perfected, people would authomatically be branded as well.
The people who were seemingly enthusiastic about such chips were older folks who seemed to feel they might be protected from the ill effects of "senior moments." However, I can assure you that, although I'm 65, I have no desire for such a chip. Of course, it's a long way from people volunteering for such a chip and such a chip being cumpulsary. Such a chip, by the way, could probably be wiped clean by the wearer passing through the field of an elctromagnet. In fact, haveing an MRI might well disable it.
As to Revelation "predicting" such a technology, this is pure clap-trap. What Revelation actually predicted, in its first verse, was that what it predicted would SOON TAKE PLACE, not that it would happen 2,000 years in the future. Only by excessive rationalization and liberal amounts of special pleading can Revelation be seen as anything other than a failed prophecy.
In point of fact, not even the religious commentators who prey on the paranoia of their credulous followers really believe any of this. For example, years ago when I was monitoring our local fundamentalist radio station, KKLA, their programs would commonly feature one author or another who would say with great certainty that the world was shorty due to enter the Tribulation (the 7 yr. rule of the Beast). Then they would go to a commercial. These were often for such things as degree completion programs, low interest college tuition loans, and living trusts to help your heirs avoid probate. All these long-term programs were advertised, yet there wasn't a single add for real estate suitable for compounds in rural Idaho.
I suggest that, rather than worrying about when the world will end - your world will end on the day you die - you deal with real life. Remember: "Sufficient unto the day are the evils thereof."