• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Roger Waters promotes 9/11 conspiracy theories...

So you won't admit you were wrong, or that you attempted to cram words into my mouth that I did not say in another of your dishonest tricks that you always break out when people who know more than you do ask you questions then?

Tell you what, why don't you apologise for lying about what I was saying? That isn't an admission of error. Why don't you simply apologise?

If you would like me to be specific about where you did this it is in the following post:
Yes I do believe there is a difference between mental illness and personality traits. I explained why. I couldn't care less about US word play. The distinction remains no matter what word/s you use.
You claim, in this post, that you believe there is a difference between mental illness and personality traits, when what was actually happening was that I was arguing that personality disorders are a subset of mental health disorders. Ergo your post implies instead that I thought personality traits were a subset of, or synonymous with, mental health disorders.

This is either an example of you being so incapable of following a discussion that you are clearly seriously untethered from reality, or much more likely, is a dishonest attempt to lie about what I was claiming to make my point looks foolish. I mean, who seriously thinks personality traits are mental illnesses, right?

So come on. Apologise.

ETA: There are further, much smaller lies implicit in your statement as well, such as the idea that I was engaging in "US wordplay" or using said "US wordplay" to bolster my position when I had at no point mentioned Americans and only referenced American psych literature in direct response to your invoking of the DSM, but we will let that slide.
 
Last edited:
So you won't admit you were wrong, or that you attempted to cram words into my mouth that I did not say in another of your dishonest tricks that you always break out when people who know more than you do ask you questions then?

Tell you what, why don't you apologise for lying about what I was saying? That isn't an admission of error. Why don't you simply apologise?

If you would like me to be specific about where you did this it is in the following post:

You claim, in this post, that you believe there is a difference between mental illness and personality traits, when what was actually happening was that I was arguing that personality disorders are a subset of mental health disorders. Ergo your post implies instead that I thought personality traits were a subset of, or synonymous with, mental health disorders.

This is either an example of you being so incapable of following a discussion that you are clearly seriously untethered from reality, or much more likely, is a dishonest attempt to lie about what I was claiming to make my point looks foolish. I mean, who seriously thinks personality traits are mental illnesses, right?

So come on. Apologise.

Indeed, there is a significant difference between mental illness and a personality disorder. I explained my reasoning.
 
Indeed, there is a significant difference between mental illness and a personality disorder. I explained my reasoning.
Not according to the mental health community. Why do the mental health practitioners disagree with you?

Are you not going to even acknowledge my comment about you lying about what I said? I mean, nearly the entirety of that post is discussing your dishonest attempt to cram words I did not say into my mouth in an attempt to bolster your own flailing ignorance. Why not address it?

I have highlighted an instance of you lying about what I was saying. Apologise.
 
Not according to the mental health community. Why do the mental health practitioners disagree with you?

Are you not going to even acknowledge my comment about you lying about what I said? I mean, nearly the entirety of that post is discussing your dishonest attempt to cram words I did not say into my mouth in an attempt to bolster your own flailing ignorance. Why not address it?

I have highlighted an instance of you lying about what I was saying. Apologise.


Here's the NHS page for personalty disorders:



Here is a completely separate page for mental illnesses:

 
Then they'd be...
*removes sunglasses quickly*
...pretty sick".

*opening riff from 'Won't get fooled again plays*
too-silly-monty-python.gif
 
Here's the NHS page for personalty disorders:



Here is a completely separate page for mental illnesses:

Ah hahahahahahahahahaha! You can't be serious!

Did you even look at the page for Mental Illnesses you linked to? Guess what is on it Vixen?

Several.... PERSONALITY DISORDERS! And and and...a link to the Personality Disorder page you also linked to!

So looks like the NHS considers Personality Disorders a subset of Mental Illnesses!

ETA: Here's a screenshot
Disorders.png
 
Last edited:
Ah hahahahahahahahahaha! You can't be serious!

Did you even look at the page for Mental Illnesses you linked to? Guess what is on it Vixen?

Several.... PERSONALITY DISORDERS! And and and...a link to the Personality Disorder page you also linked to!

So looks like the NHS considers Personality Disorders a subset of Mental Illnesses!

With number of times ol' @Vixen has been hoisted on her own petard, I'm surprised her hearing isn't shot by now.
 
I've got long odds on that's not going to happen.
___________________

Disclosure: I once ate a McDonald's burger, so feel free to ask me anything about the company or its management and I can give full and frank answers.
That's NOTHING. I once fundraised for Cancer Research UK, as my full time job. Ergo, I'm an expert in cancer treatments and diagnosis.
 
In England it is when you become a member of the British Psychological Society.

:notm

Join the BPS​

As the UK’s professional body for psychology, our membership includes HCPC practitioners, researchers, academics, students, the wider psychological workforce, those applying psychology in daily roles, and general enthusiasts.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom