• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Roger Waters promotes 9/11 conspiracy theories...

Yeah, my bull ◊◊◊◊ detector was bleeping really loud, so I looked it up.

'Psychologist' is not a protected term in jolly old England. It means somewhere between little and nothing. It seems i could call.myself one on the same chops she claims. Certain terms, like Clinical and Forensic psychologist *are* protected.

To be a recognized *practitioner* psychologist, you need the 4yr undergrad degree and accredited additional training, in addition to registering with the official body as a matter of course.

@Vixen, did you complete this accredited additional professional training? You didnt mention that very significant bit. Did you skip that step, and really only have the same qualifications as anyone on this forum to call yourself a psychologist in England?

Here you go::

As a graduate member, you can use the title Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society, a respected mark of professionalism recognised across the UK and internationally. By using the GMBPsS post nominals it shows employers that you have a strong grounding in psychological principles, with a commitment to ethical practice and continuous professional growth. It signals dedication, and readiness to move towards your next career goal.
 
No, you are referring to the DSM which is a US diagnostic tool. I came to my opinion that Waters was a 'sociopath' because of the way hecame across in the videos talking about Syd. He claims to be deeply sad and sympathetic but he was literally smirking as he related Syd's sufferings as though Syd was some kind of a show pony to be laughed at. He dumped Syd without bothering to consult him. Syd having a mental illness is no excuse to dump him, even if people do think it amusing he stood onstage looking blank. Then there was Waters relationship with Blackhill Enterprises. This was an equal partnership (hence the legal term 'partnership') yet he had no respect for anybody but himself. He shafted them all. What is telling is that he presents himself to the camera as a deeply caring bloke, allowing Syd to still write songs and produce records and even letting him have his share of royalties, as if Syd wasn't legally entitled to all of this anyway. Then Waters, quite unselfaware, spouts off on tv to Tucker Carlsson and co., as though he's holding forth a Sermon on the Mount. He claims Syd was 'blocked' but he has no insight that he himself comes across as 'off'.
A psychological analysis based on a watched video is surely the final word on the topic. No doubt everyone here has complete confidence in your conclusions

:dl::dl::dl:.:dl:
 
For I think it is $100/yr, I can pay the Construction Specifier Institute to legally have the letters 'CSI' after my name.

You're weaseling. Buying bull ◊◊◊◊ letters to put after your name means nothing. Did you complete the accredited training that you forgot to mention to be recognized as a *practitioner* psychologist, ot is it all the bunch of fake cred bull ◊◊◊◊ that it seems?
Then everyone will think you are a Crime Scene Investigator and avoid you like the plague.
 
I must admit that I find the fragility and malleability of your relationship with reality somewhat terrifying.
No you don't find it terrifying. You find thinking terrifying, which is why you believe the hype about Waters being so forebearing and kindly because it's only Waters' side of the story you ever heard.

Well done!
 
No, you are referring to the DSM which is a US diagnostic tool. I came to my opinion that Waters was a 'sociopath' because of the way hecame across in the videos talking about Syd. He claims to be deeply sad and sympathetic but he was literally smirking as he related Syd's sufferings as though Syd was some kind of a show pony to be laughed at. He dumped Syd without bothering to consult him. Syd having a mental illness is no excuse to dump him, even if people do think it amusing he stood onstage looking blank. Then there was Waters relationship with Blackhill Enterprises. This was an equal partnership (hence the legal term 'partnership') yet he had no respect for anybody but himself. He shafted them all. What is telling is that he presents himself to the camera as a deeply caring bloke, allowing Syd to still write songs and produce records and even letting him have his share of royalties, as if Syd wasn't legally entitled to all of this anyway. Then Waters, quite unselfaware, spouts off on tv to Tucker Carlsson and co., as though he's holding forth a Sermon on the Mount. He claims Syd was 'blocked' but he has no insight that he himself comes across as 'off'.
At no point did I refer to the DSM. YOU brought up the DSM.

Please at least attempt to remain anchored in reality in your desperate flailing.
 
Deflection.

You stated personality disorders are not mental health disorders. You are simply wrong. Why do you have such difficulty admitting you're wrong about anything?

I do not believe sociopathy is a mental illness. It is a personality disorder. I explained the differentiation. You are free to believe whatever it is you believe.
 
I do not believe sociopathy is a mental illness. It is a personality disorder. I explained the differentiation. You are free to believe whatever it is you believe.
No, you CLAIMED there was a difference in a way that showed your utter ignorance, and when pressed to support it linked to a website which said the opposite and then started deflecting.

The entire mental health profession considers personality disorders to be a subset of mental health disorders. You are just wrong. Why can't you admit it?
 
No, you CLAIMED there was a difference in a way that showed your utter ignorance, and when pressed to support it linked to a website which said the opposite and then started deflecting.

The entire mental health profession considers personality disorders to be a subset of mental health disorders. You are just wrong. Why can't you admit it?
Yes I do believe there is a difference between mental illness and personality traits. I explained why. I couldn't care less about US word play. The distinction remains no matter what word/s you use.
 
No, you CLAIMED there was a difference in a way that showed your utter ignorance, and when pressed to support it linked to a website which said the opposite and then started deflecting.

The entire mental health profession considers personality disorders to be a subset of mental health disorders. You are just wrong. Why can't you admit it?
Vixen has never conceded being wrong about anything (perhaps it is a personality disorder ;) ). So I doubt that she is about to accede to your request now.
 
Yes I do believe there is a difference between mental illness and personality traits. I expalined why. I couldn't care less about US word play. The distinction remains no matter what word/s you use.
Not a personality trait though, is it? It's a personality disorder.

It is nothing to do with the US or Americans. British mental health practitioners say it as well.

ETA: Here we see the clumsy attempt at changing horses that Vixen ALWAYS implies. When pressed as to why the mental health profession is in agreement that personality disorders are mental illnesses, she attempts to claim that I am claiming personality traits are mental illnesses. This is obviously and transparently dishonest.
 
Last edited:
Not a personality trait though, is it? It's a personality disorder.

It is nothing to do with the US or Americans. British mental health practitioners say it as well.

I am sure the syllabus changes over the years but the distinction remains even if you call it something else. Most sociopaths are not ill. No medicine or surgery can cure them. Neither is it self-limiting as depression tends to be.
 
I am sure the syllabus changes over the years but the distinction remains even if you call it something else. Most sociopaths are not ill. No medicine or surgery can cure them. Neither is it self-limiting as depression tends to be.
Nothing to do with a syllabus.

The mental health profession considers personality disorders such as ASPD to be mental health disorders. Therefore when you claim that they are not you are wrong.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom