That would have been too easy. The actual 9-11 Al Qaeda conspiracy worked because it was simple. Everything else that happened was in response to the attacks.
It was classic military "KISS" - keep it simple, stupid.
I was, still am, a retired engineer with both civil and military qualification.
I saw the WTC collapse event reported as "breaking news" on BBC TV when in Wales on a holiday tour.
Two ten second video "grabs". One of plane impact followed by one of building collapse.
I was relaxing in civil mindset and, over about 30-40 seconds my thoughts stepped through (1) Wow, what fabulous movie special effects; (2) Faeces ** - it's real. (3) More faeces** oh you evil b******ds...
Then my callous military brain took over. (4) Oh you clever evil b *****ds. (5) What a brilliantly novel way to demolish a tall building (6) I'll remember that method just in case some General tasks me to demolish a high rise. No need for explosives or hours of preparatory on site work. Just one large aircraft.
I looked at the evidence at that time. One plane flies into tower. Tower collapses. Causality prima facie obvious. I forgot about it until mid 2007 when a colleague asked my opinion about the "controlled demolition" of the WTC Towers. I laughed before I realised he was serious. I had been the City Engineer of the town, he was son-in-law of the Mayor. For reasons of progressional credibility in the town my response had to be professional standard.
Some months later I discovered "Internet Forums" and several years of interesting forensic physics challenge. At the time, 2007, two sides were emerging - "Truthers" and "Debunkers". And I was to discover that both sides were wrong on the engineering.
Back to the main topic. Flying a plane into a tower is elegantly simple. ALL of the fake alternate claims are more complicated. Most of them not practically achievable. The easiest way to make a plane shaped hole in a thin walled tower is - wait for it - fly a plane into the tower.
.
.
.
** Not the actual word I used.
;