d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing
What's the point? You'd just call it accountability culture.If I were someone who pretended to care about "cancel culture" when the Star Wars lady got fired, I'd at least pretend to care about this, too.
What's the point? You'd just call it accountability culture.If I were someone who pretended to care about "cancel culture" when the Star Wars lady got fired, I'd at least pretend to care about this, too.
What's the point? You'd just call it accountability culture.
Are you being serious? You really do find the obviously (un)justifiable examples more interesting than debatable ones?it just seem odd to be so less interested in much more egregious examples.
Are you being serious? You really do find the obviously unjustifiable examples more interesting than debatable ones?
Because we all agree that it's obviously bad. What's left to discuss?why would that not be of interest to you?
Because we all agree that it's obviously bad. What's left to discuss?
It takes almost no effort to convince progressives that it's bad to cancel fellow progressives.
It also takes almost no effort to convince conservatives that it's bad to cancel fellow conservatives.
It takes loads of effort to convince people that we should allow their opponents to say things they don't like.
If you can find a conservative to stand up for those cancellations here, then we'll have that argument.that makes me wonder why you don't have an interest in convincing conservatives that it's bad to cancel progressives in these cases?
If you can find a conservative to stand up for those cancellations here, then we'll have that argument.
You think it's weird that I'd take the trouble to argue against people who justified various progressive cancellations but not take the trouble to argue against *checks notes* no one willing to stand up for the current wave of conservative cancellations?i think it’s a fair question and it appears to me you’re just taking in circles to avoid it
internationalskeptics.com
I posted examples of conservative cancel culture more than once, starting five years ago. From what I've seen, no one here cares to defend cancel culture unless it's done to defend progressive values.i think it’s weird you lost interest and stopped bringing examples to the thread.
I posted examples of conservative cancel culture more than once, starting five years ago. From what I've seen, no one here cares to defend cancel culture unless it's done to defend progressive values.
I think we should focus on sincere and principled advocates of academic freedom such as FIRE instead of focusing on weak and hypocritical advocates such as those conservatives, for basically the same reasons why steelmanning is better than strawmanning if you're hoping to sharpen your own arguments.any thoughts on the conservatives cynically claiming freedom of speech at the time’s current silence on the issue?
Great. I might start watching the channel now.I didn't see it firsthand, only a video discussing it in the aftermath.
One of the reviewers at The Dice Tower, YouTube's biggest board game review channel*, apparently commented on social media that someone, I'm assuming Alex Pretti, deserved to die.
He's no longer a reviewer at The Dice Tower.
The irony is that he frequently talked about how important his faith was to him and would sometimes indicate that he didn't like certain games because their themes didn't mesh with his beliefs.
Last month, the American Federation of Teachers filed a lawsuit against the Texas Education Agency for the way its leadership asked superintendents to report teachers for "inappropriate content" they may have shared about Kirk. The agency collected 354 complaints, and 95 are still being investigated. The AFT says this process — which was endorsed on X by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott — unleashed a "wave of retribution."
What's the point? You'd just call it accountability culture.