• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed The Cuomo Scandal.

Just how many journalists at CNN have siblings that they cover on tv? I mean, Sean Hannity advising Trump while also covering him on TV for years was cool, so it's not the conflict of interest that actually matters as far as I can tell, it's the relationship.

That is it. Just having the brother of a major political figure as the host of a news show is just a bad look as far as creditibility goes even if the host does recuse himself.
Amazed people don't get this. I am convinced that Chris Cumeo is a liberal commentor has a lot to do with this.

Chris is using the "we are going to concentrate on Covid" line, but I doubt that changes much.
 
Two major criminal investigations under way by the Albany County DA's office and the Manhatten DA's office. Andy has better stop trying to save his dead political career and worry about staying out of jail.
 
That is it. Just having the brother of a major political figure as the host of a news show is just a bad look as far as creditibility goes even if the host does recuse himself.
Amazed people don't get this. I am convinced that Chris Cumeo is a liberal commentor has a lot to do with this.

Chris is using the "we are going to concentrate on Covid" line, but I doubt that changes much.

Look, I don't care very much for either of them. Both are a pair of privileged lucky sperms. That said, Chris works in private enterprise. His job is in no way tied to Andrew's.

Now that doesn't mean CNN doesn't owe it to their viewers to minimize his involvement in any coverage of his brother. But it is not fair to terminate his employment because of his brother.
 
Look, I don't care very much for either of them. Both are a pair of privileged lucky sperms. That said, Chris works in private enterprise. His job is in no way tied to Andrew's.

Now that doesn't mean CNN doesn't owe it to their viewers to minimize his involvement in any coverage of his brother. But it is not fair to terminate his employment because of his brother.

In the world of entertaiment and media, it's all about appreance and how things are seen. It's not fair, but that the way it works in those industries. And, I repeat, having the brother of a major politician as a host of a regular show is not a good look for a news network trying to projec itself an a unbiased newsource.

And ,frankly, a resentment of anybody who chanced to be born in more money then you is not a good look either
 
I wonder if Cumeo's tactic is to hold on in hopes of trading his resignation in returen for no or reduced criminal charges.
 
In the world of entertaiment and media, it's all about appreance and how things are seen. It's not fair, but that the way it works in those industries. And, I repeat, having the brother of a major politician as a host of a regular show is not a good look for a news network trying to projec itself an a unbiased newsource.

And ,frankly, a resentment of anybody who chanced to be born in more money then you is not a good look either

I'm not running for office so I don't care. I will always respect the man who built something out of nothing over the person who had every advantage. It's the difference between meritocracy and aristocracy.

The two of them are just examples of people who scored runs in the game of life. But that is always made substantially easier when you start on third base.
 
I mean, Sean Hannity advising Trump while also covering him on TV for years was cool

No, it wasn’t cool. That sort of chummy relationship seems pretty common between reporters and politicians, Hannity is far from alone, but it’s bad all around. I won’t give Hannity a pass just because Chris was worse.
 
No, it wasn’t cool. That sort of chummy relationship seems pretty common between reporters and politicians, Hannity is far from alone, but it’s bad all around. I won’t give Hannity a pass just because Chris was worse.

BS.

We all know that's not the reason.
 
Look, I don't care very much for either of them. Both are a pair of privileged lucky sperms. That said, Chris works in private enterprise. His job is in no way tied to Andrew's.

Now that doesn't mean CNN doesn't owe it to their viewers to minimize his involvement in any coverage of his brother. But it is not fair to terminate his employment because of his brother.

I agree. It's the sins of the father, not the brother!:rolleyes:

As long as Chris doesn't say anything about his brother or the case, I see no reason for him to lose his job.
 
The only thing that could be worse would be if he repeatedly had an intern pleasure him in the oval office, right? You know, something that was actually proven, once.

And imagine if that person was still doing tours, to adoring crowds, and such? And, heck, maybe their adoring wife might even run for President.

Pass me a cigar, while I ponder this.

Probably been ninja'd a gazillion times already...

You're just trolling, now. Clinton and Lewinski had a consensual affair. Indeed, as I understand it she came on to him. Neither made unwelcome advances upon the other. And such an affair is not a crime nor open for civil action.

To equate this with sexual assault is bull pucky, and you know it. Unless you're 7 or 8 years old.
 
Probably been ninja'd a gazillion times already...

You're just trolling, now. Clinton and Lewinski had a consensual affair. Indeed, as I understand it she came on to him. Neither made unwelcome advances upon the other. And such an affair is not a crime nor open for civil action.

To equate this with sexual assault is bull pucky, and you know it. Unless you're 7 or 8 years old.

I think you are missing the context. As usual, someone had to make this whole Cuomo thing somehow about the GOP. I was pointing out the difference between what has been accused vs what has been proven, when it comes to Trump, and say, Clinton.

At the end of the day, this is a Cuomo issue...not a GOP issue.

Also..."she came on to him". Classic, lol.
 
I think you are missing the context. As usual, someone had to make this whole Cuomo thing somehow about the GOP. I was pointing out the difference between what has been accused vs what has been proven, when it comes to Trump, and say, Clinton.

At the end of the day, this is a Cuomo issue...not a GOP issue.

Also..."she came on to him". Classic, lol.
It seems the main reason Trump ran for President was to gain some sort of legal cover for his criminal actions, including his alleged sexual assaults. These things may well be proven and certainly seem to be being investigated now. Of course this is why he is so desperate for his big lie to gain some traction too.
 
It seems the main reason Trump ran for President was to gain some sort of legal cover for his criminal actions, including his alleged sexual assaults.

By all accounts he didn't expect to win and was dismayed when he did, so it doesn't seem like he was aiming for the legal protections offered by the office.
 
By all accounts he didn't expect to win and was dismayed when he did, so it doesn't seem like he was aiming for the legal protections offered by the office.

If anything, the higher profile drew unwanted attention to his legal vulnerabilities. He's been running shady businesses and various scams for decades, an increased profile makes that more difficult.
 
Look, I don't care very much for either of them. Both are a pair of privileged lucky sperms. That said, Chris works in private enterprise. His job is in no way tied to Andrew's.

Now that doesn't mean CNN doesn't owe it to their viewers to minimize his involvement in any coverage of his brother. But it is not fair to terminate his employment because of his brother.

Billy Bush got fired for having a guy brag about sexually assaulting women to him. Really pretty much anything can get you fired in the media.
 
The ‘Cuomosexual’ phenomenon was disgraceful. We’re politicians’ bosses, not their fans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/04/cuomosexual-phenomenon-was-disgraceful-were-politicians-bosses-not-their-fans/

The whole sexual harassment scandal finally put a stop to this, but even before this was publicly known the personality worship directed towards Gov. Cuomo was gross.

It's not a good way for the public to interact with government leaders and never should have happened.

The press and the public credulously accepted the narrative that the NY governor was some kind of Covid-19 policy genius, all the while they were cooking the books on the deaths that occurred as a direct result of their disastrous management.

Reminds me of the "Camelot" nostalgia for JFK. Read a tabloid if you want to gush over a celebrity, politicians should not be treated this way and doing so gives them cover to act poorly.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom