• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed The Cuomo Scandal.

Yes, I brought up Trump to hilight where threatening to jail politicians who mishandled the Covid response would lead. I can certainly understand why you would prefer we ignore the facts about Trump to focus on mays, mights, and potentials about Cuomo that don't appear to be well grounded in the facts.

Very well. You seem a bit selective in the non-fact-grounded comments and 'uninformed speculation' you choose to police.
 
Last edited:
......
Pure speculation follows: this freedom and latitude to compound misconduct upon misconduct was a result of the dereliction and malpractice of a significant proportion of the investigative journalism community who were incurious and who consciously or unconsciously made the cynical political calculation that negative press of the Cuomo administration might disillision enough Democratic voters to affect the presidential election. In contrast, they were and are always very curious about anything having to do with Trump or Republicans.
......

I don't think you can blame journalism. Reporters only have access to public records and to the information insiders give them. It's not like they can subpoena witnesses or stage raids. You can bet we would be reading about Trump's tax returns in detail if we could, but all we've seen are from the records Mary Trump gave the NY Times that she received in connection with her suit. Theranos was ultimately exposed by reporting in the Wall Street Journal. Enron execs concealed information from their own directors and accountants, let alone reporters. Journalists can only tell us what somebody is willing to tell them. They certainly didn't have any reason to protect Enron or Theranos.
 
Last edited:
I don't think you can blame journalism. Reporters only have access to public records and to the information insiders give them. It's not like they can subpoena witnesses or stage raids.

You're correct and I thought of this after posting. But why the conspicuous choice to harangue and lambaste some politicians in press conferences but not other politicians? They aren't going to get useful information that way anyway. However, I think they can get a brewing controversy in the public consciousness and get the public to start demanding answers, if they desire to. It doesn't take an organized conspiracy among journalists for this to happen, just personal bias among a significant enough proportion of them. (I think it's futile to mention this example, but anyway, Hunter Biden was and is under investigation but there was oddly almost universal condemnation of any reporting to that effect before the election. You might argue that the investigation is politically motivated or that Hunter is irrelevent to his father's presidential campaign but that doesn't seem like a standard consistently applied by journalists to all stories related to presidential politics. Indeed, attempting to connect the dots of suspicious financial ties, entanglements, and irregularities has been notably a sport for many years.)

Theranos was ultimately exposed by reporting in the Wall Street Journal. Enron execs concealed information from their own directors and accountants, let alone reporters. Journalists can only tell us what somebody is willing to tell them. They certainly didn't have any reason to protect Enron or Theranos.

It seems to me that important and powerful people were making a lot of money from Enron and Elizabeth Holmes herself was a media darling and cause celebré. These would be disincentives to examine or scrutinize them too closely or publicly. I believe both companies were quite successful in suppressing criticism for some time. Do you deny that journalists' judgement can possibly be influenced by a desire for continued access or peer pressure (real or perceived)?
 
Many things can influence a journalists judgement. For instance, a politician that routinely lies about and attacks critics will probably be scrutinized more closely than one who doesn't. Or one whose children are actively involved in his political campaigns, make frequent media appearances, and are even members of the administration may have a different standard of reporting than those who do not.
 
Very well. You seem a bit selective in the non-fact-grounded comments and 'uninformed speculation' you choose to police.

You are correct. There is so much of it from the right that one simply can't police all of it, so I have to pick and choose. Sometimes it's low hanging fruit such as what you've been posting because that's so trivially easy to correct.
 
Many things can influence a journalists judgement. For instance, a politician that routinely lies about and attacks critics will probably be scrutinized more closely than one who doesn't. Or one whose children are actively involved in his political campaigns, make frequent media appearances, and are even members of the administration may have a different standard of reporting than those who do not.

Valid points and I appreciate that the response wasn't snide, hyperbolic, or sarcastic. On the other hand, I've learned from recent reports and this thread that Andrew Cuomo is a heavy-handed bully who has many enemies locally and nationally. What potentially accounts for the cozy press conferences and mostly fawning national coverage last year (many talking heads lamented that he wasn't the president or running for the Democratic presidential nomination- for several months, I even thought he would make a good candidate)? Was this almost universal national press and media posture somehow warranted at the time and, if so, why?
 
Last edited:
You are correct. There is so much of it from the right that one simply can't police all of it, so I have to pick and choose. Sometimes it's low hanging fruit such as what you've been posting because that's so trivially easy to correct.

I think you overestimate yourself but very well.
 
I think you overestimate yourself but very well.

We aren't supposed to be personalizing things here, just for future reference. I understand that it can be frustrating when your positions are mocked, but that is not ruled (here) as a personal attack. Might I suggest seeking out less biased sources of information that won't lead to taking such mockable stances?
 
We aren't supposed to be personalizing things here, just for future reference. I understand that it can be frustrating when your positions are mocked, but that is not ruled (here) as a personal attack. Might I suggest seeking out less biased sources of information that won't lead to taking such mockable stances?

Am I frustrated?
 
NY AG releases investigation report, corroborates claims that Governor Cuomo sexually harassed multiple employees and retaliated against one that came forward to make a complaint, all in violation of NY state law.

Cuomo is accused of "a pattern of inappropriate conduct" with a staff member described as "Executive Assistant #1," which included kissing her on the lips at least once, grabbing her butt during hugs, asking multiple times about whether she had cheated or would cheat on her husband and once reaching under her blouse and grabbing her breast, according to the report.

He sexually harassed a New York state trooper assigned to his security detail on a number of occasions, the report found.

Cuomo ran "his hand across her stomach, from her belly button to her right hip," as she held a door open, the report states. While she was standing in front of him on an elevator, he ran "his finger down her back, from the top of her neck down her spine to the middle of her back, saying 'hey, you,'" the report states.
Gross

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/cuomo-sexually-harassed-multiple-women-including-employees-new-york-attorney-n1275806

"We Have To Impeach": NY State Lawmakers Call for Cuomo to Resign or Be Removed

https://eoinhiggins.substack.com/p/we-have-to-impeach-ny-state-lawmakers

ETA: lol

Daybook Jobs posted today said:
Job Opportunity

The Office of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo seeks an Assistant Counsel to the Governor based in Albany, NY.

https://twitter.com/DaybookJobs/status/1422581423727288321
 
Last edited:
I just saw a video calling Cuomo creepy, which he is, but it was hosted by Charlie Kirk, whose thumbnail photo oozes creep.

Carry on with the Cuomo conversation.
 
Someone should have stopped this man years ago, before it came to multiple accusations in the media and the courts. It sounds like someone should have told him to knock it off at work.

I should think HR should have gotten complaints and made Cuomo attend gender sensitivity classes like employees often have to.
 
Last edited:
Someone should have stopped this man years ago, before it came to multiple accusations in the media and the courts. It sounds like someone should have told him to knock it off at work.

I should think HR should have gotten complaints and made Cuomo attend gender sensitivity classes like employees often have to.

Seeing as he retaliated against an employee that dared complain, obviously this would not have worked.

Cuomo needs to resign or be removed via impeachment. The report makes it clear that he is rampantly corrupt and a sexual predator.

ETA: Cuomo continues to deny all allegations of wrongdoing. It's time for the state democrats to put up or shut up.
 
Cuomo has to go. Period end of discussion.
I just hope the Dems don't circle the wagons around Cuomo over this.
 
BTW his brother needs to go on hiatus from his TV show.
Which I admit I don't like anyway. He comes off as an insufferable jerk. And enough of his stupid slogans.
 
“My job is not about me, my job is about you,” Cuomo said during a video statement he made online this afternoon. “What matters to me at the end of the day is getting the most done I can for you. I will not be distracted from that job.”

He is such an altruistic person only concerned about me as a New Yorker.
Thank You Andrew Cuomo!
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom