• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

Whenever I see the desperate flailing to excuse Trump's inaction, I wonder what it would be like if the same logic had been applied to any other scenario. Imagine Bush doing the same after 9/11. "It was just a few planes coming in from the Middle East! Al-Qaida will go away like a miracle, just wait until March, bin Laden will just go away, poof! Blame the Democrat leaders in NYC and Washington DC for letting the terrorists kill 3000 people, this is what will happen all over the USA if the Dems win the next election!"
 
Yea but again: Factually, if Biden had been our President he would not have put any travel restrictions in place. He would have went with the WHO scientists. The ones in China's pocket. The death count would have been higher and what's more the stinging thing here for you is that secretly you know I'm right.

Actually, none of that is "factually" because you can't know what Biden would have done because he wasn't president and you don't know what we 'secretly believe'. What we do know is the facts of what actually did happen which you ignore.
 
Funny how the countries that went with expert opinion are doing so much better than the USA. The Norwegian government listened to the experts, and the people listened to the government because they demonstrably based their decisions on facts and science. We've had a few mis-steps, but we're doing great.

This is a bit harder to see when you're busy writing whataboutisms and constructing false dilemmas, but you know it's true.
 
Actually, none of that is "factually" because you can't know what Biden would have done because he wasn't president and you don't know what we 'secretly believe'. What we do know is the facts of what actually did happen which you ignore.

Biden's "xenophobe" remarks happened. Who ignored what?
 
Whine of repugnican snowflake deplorables when they get back fraction of hate they spew is music to my ear.
 
Yea but again: Factually, if Biden had been our President he would not have put any travel restrictions in place.
Not fact, but bald assertion.
He would have went with the WHO scientists. The ones in China's pocket.
See above
The death count would have been higher and what's more the stinging thing here for you is that secretly you know I'm right.
The stinging thing for you is you know that I know you're only aping some talking points you've memorized.

Biden is not president. Trump is, and his response made the U.S. a pariah and a laughing stock.



ETA:And if you're gonna ape Trump, it's Jhyna.
 
Last edited:
Absolutely President Trump has saved lives.
Indeed we all know he made up 'bone spurs" to avoid having to go abroad to kill people
People have died and are still doing so. Trump is blameless and to put the blame of Covid 19 and the resulting deaths on the President is the Mount Everest of political spin and lies.
Hydroxychloroquine has been shown to increase the Covid death rate. Do you remember Trump promoting it.
.

Factually, if Biden had been our President he would not have put any travel restrictions in place. He would have went with the WHO scientists. The ones in China's pocket. The death count would have been higher and what's more the stinging thing here for you is that secretly you know I'm right.
Facts great! Where can I go to get independent verification of these facts?
 
Actually, none of that is "factually" because you can't know what Biden would have done because he wasn't president and you don't know what we 'secretly believe'. What we do know is the facts of what actually did happen which you ignore.
Also, "okay, so he did a terribly job, but if someone else were president they might conceivably also have done a terrible job" is a terrible argument every time.

"Oh yeah, I didn't bother closing the stable door and now all the horses have run off, so what, if Tommy had gotten the job as stable hand he might not have closed the door either!"
 
My words you quoted:
"Trump announced a restriction on all incoming travel from China, effective on February 2."

Do you see how you kinda missed the boat on this one?

He didn’t stop US citizens coming in from China.
 
Biden's "xenophobe" remarks happened. Who ignored what?

And if he'd been president, he'd have been privy to information earlier on just as Trump was that would have led him to make different decisions than Trump. He didn't have that information, unlike Trump, as Woodward's tapes revealed.
 
There's a concept in legality called "Estoppel."

Basically it means that ambiguity as a defense can't be invoked when you're already openly claiming to be doing what you are accused of doing.

The classic example. In a lot of jurisdictions legal distinctions between "smut" and "erotica" (or similar phrasing/concepts) exist and as one can imagine those distinctions are often very hard to define.

But none of that matters if you opened "Billy Bob's House of Dirty Smut." The fact that there is ambiguity between smut and art is no longer relevant because you're openly admitting you know which side you are on. The onus is no longer on the other side to define exactly where the line is. Where the line is doesn't matter when both sides already agree what side of it we are on.

Trump has "estoppel"led himself. He can't demand we stop and run the trolley problem on his actions after he's been caught openly admitting he was trying to downplay the virus, not save lives.
 
Last edited:
@JackPosobiec "The left spent the entire week demanding Trump condemn hate then instantly flipped to hoping he and his wife die.
This is who we're dealing with."

And the conspiracy theorist is now citing the words of a neo-nazi as gospel. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I am not.
 
Absolutely President Trump has saved lives. People have died and are still doing so. Trump is blameless and to put the blame of Covid 19 and the resulting deaths on the President is the Mount Everest of political spin and lies.

"xenophobe" remember? Perhaps you selectively forget the Democratic leadership and its prominent members lack of action and opposition to those actions taken by President Trump to combat Covid 19. Those clips are still out there you know.

Factually, if Biden had been our President he would not have put any travel restrictions in place. He would have went with the WHO scientists. The ones in China's pocket. The death count would have been higher and what's more the stinging thing here for you is that secretly you know I'm right.

What a joke. Trump has costed lives. Thousands of them. Hundreds of thousands of Americans will die because of Trump's overwhelming incompetence and reckless narcissism. You can't wish away the virus which seems to have been and continues to be Trump's response.
 
Trying to get back on topic: Giuliani's last test came back negative so despite the fact he has symptoms, despite the fact testing proved totally inadequate to prevent the superspreader event(s), despite the experts say even the nasal test can have false negatives, and despite the fact Giuliani is still well within the recommended quarantine period, he ran off to a maskless face to face fund raiser last night.
 
Trump, It will just go away. The man is nuts.


January 22. “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
February 2 “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
February 10 “I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”
February 10 “Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
February 24 “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
February 25 “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
February 25“I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
February 26 “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
February 26 “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
February 26“Well, we're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem. Very little problem.”
February 26 "This is a flu. This is like a flu."
February 27“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
March 2“A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4 “Now, and this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot people will have this and it's very mild.”
March 5“The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6“I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6 “You have to be calm. It’ll go away.”
March 6“I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 7 “When we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”
March 7 “No, I’m not concerned at all.
March 8 “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine-tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
March 9 During a news conference, White House officials say the U.S. will have tested one million people that week and thereafter would complete 4 million tests per week. By the end of the week, the CDC had only completed a paltry 4,000 tests.
March 10 “Just stay calm. It will go away.”
March 11“It goes away….It’s going away. We want it to go away with very, very few deaths.”
March 12 Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, tells Congress that the country does not have sufficient testing. “The system is not really geared to what we need right now,” he said. “That is a failing. Let’s admit it.”
March 12 "You know, you see what's going on. And so I just wanted that to stop as it pertains to the United States. And that's what we've done. We've stopped it."
March 13 “I don’t take responsibility at all.”
March 13 The Atlantic reported that less than 14,000 tests had been done in the ten weeks since the administration had first been notified of the virus, though Mike Pence had promised the week prior that 1.5 million tests would be available by this time.
March 14 “I’d rate it a ten,” [Trump’s rating of his coronavirus response]
March 15 “Relax”
March 15 “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”
March 16 “Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment-try getting it yourselves,”
March 17 “The only thing we haven’t done well is get good press.
March 17 “I felt like it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
March 19 I intended "to always play it down.” [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public September 9]
March 24 “I'm also hopeful to have Americans working again by that Easter - that beautiful Easter day.”
March 30 "Stay calm, it will go away. You know it -- you know it is going away, and it will go away, and we're going to have a great victory."
March 30“I haven’t heard about testing in weeks. We’re testing more than any other nation in the world. We’ve got these great tests...But I haven’t heard about testing being a problem.”
THIS WASN’T TRUE THEN AND IT’S NOT TRUE TODAY.
March 30 “We inherited a broken test — the whole thing was broken.”
March 31“...it’s not the flu. It’s vicious.”

April 1 “They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.’”
April 2“Massive amounts of medical supplies... are being delivered directly to states...Some have insatiable appetites & are never satisfied (politics?). The complainers should have been stocked up and ready long before this crisis hit.”

April 2“...the Federal Government is merely a back-up for state governments.”

April 3 “I’m feeling good. I just don’t want to be doing -- somehow sitting in the Oval Office behind that beautiful resolute desk, the great resolute desk, I think wearing a face mask as I greet presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens, I don’t know, somehow I don’t see it for myself. I just don’t. Maybe I’ll change my mind.”
April 5“FEMA, the military — what they’ve done is a miracle...And you should be thanking them for what they’ve done, not always asking wise-guy questions.”
April 6 “LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!”
April 6 U.S. death toll passes 10,000
April 7"So, you know, things are happening. It's a -- it's -- I haven't seen bad. I've not seen bad."
April 7"You are not going to die from this pill...I really think it's a great thing to try."
April 7“That was a flu. OK. So you could say that I said it was a flu, or you could say the flu is nothing to -- sneeze at," [Regarding Spanish Flu]
April 8"I read about it maybe a day, two days ago,...It was a recommendation that he had, I think he told certain people on the staff, but it didn't matter. I didn't see it." [Regarding Peter Navarro’s January warning]
April 9“I couldn’t have done it any better,” [When asked if his coronavirus response could have been better]
April 11U.S. death toll passes 20,000
April 13 “But I guess I'm doing OK, because, to the best of my knowledge, I'm the President of the United States, despite the things that are said."
April 14 “Enough!” [When a reporter questioned his claim that his authority as president is “total”]
April 14 “[w]hen somebody’s the president of the United States, the authority is total.”
April 15 U.S. death toll passes 30,000
April 15 As Trump focuses on reopening, a leaked CDC and FEMA report warns of “significant risk of resurgence of the virus” with phased reopening.
April 19 “Now we’re going toward 50, I’m hearing, or 60,000 people [dead from the coronavirus]”
April 22 “If [coronavirus] comes back though, it won’t be coming back in the form that it was, it will be coming back in smaller doses that we can contain….it’s also possible it doesn’t come back at all.”
April 23"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."
April 23 “So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way…”
April 23 “You see states are starting to open up now, and it’s very exciting to see,”
April 24 U.S. death toll passes 50,000
April 27"I can't imagine why," [Regarding influx in poison control calls about disinfectant]
April 29 “It’s gonna go away, this is going to go away.”
May 3 “Look, we're going to lose anywhere from 75,000, 80,000 to 100,000 people,”
May 5 U.S. death toll passes 70,000
May 5 “There’ll be more death, that the virus will pass, with or without a vaccine. And I think we’re doing very well on the vaccines but, with or without a vaccine, it’s going to pass, and we’re going to be back to normal,”
May 8 This is going to go away without a vaccine. It is going to go away. We are not going to see it again.”
May 9 “This is going to go away without a vaccine.”
May 11“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere. Big progress being made!”
May 11 “We have met the moment and we have prevailed,”
May 14 “Could be that testing’s, frankly, overrated. Maybe it is overrated.”
May 15“Vaccine or no vaccine, we’re back. And we’re starting the process. In many cases, they don’t have vaccines and a virus or a flu comes and you fight through it.
May 16“We’ve done a GREAT job on Covid response, making all Governors look good, some fantastic (and that’s OK), but the Lamestream Media doesn’t want to go with that narrative, and the Do Nothing Dems talking point is to say only bad about “Trump”. I made everybody look good, but me!”
May 18 U.S. death toll passes 90,000
May 19 “When we have a lot of cases, I don't look at that as a bad thing, I look at that as, in a certain respect, as being a good thing,...Because it means our testing is much better. I view it as a badge of honor, really, it's a badge of honor.”
May 27 U.S. death toll passes 100,000
May 29 “We will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization”
June 6 U.S death toll passes 110,000
June 15“At some point this stuff goes away and it’s going away.”
June 17 “It’s fading away. It’s going to fade away.”
June 18 “And it is dying out. The numbers are starting to get very good.”
June 20 "Testing is a double-edged sword,...When you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people, you're going to find more cases, so I said to my people, 'Slow the testing down, please.'"
June 22 U.S death toll passes 120,000
June 23 “Cases are going up in the U.S. because we are testing far more than any other country, and ever expanding. With smaller testing we would show fewer cases!”
June 23 "It's going away,"
June 25 “Coronavirus deaths are way down. Mortality rate is one of the lowest in the World. Our Economy is roaring back and will NOT be shut down. “Embers” or flare ups will be put out, as necessary!”
June 30 U.S. has just 4% of the global population, but 25% of global coronavirus cases and the second highest death rate per capita.
July 1 “I think we’re going to be very good with the coronavirus.” “I think that, at some point, that’s going to sort of disappear, I hope.”
July 6 U.S. death toll passes 130,000
July 7 "I think we are in a good place."
July 7 The president predicted that in the next two to four weeks, "I think we're going to be in very good shape."

July 8 “I disagree with @CDCgov on their very tough & expensive guidelines for opening schools. While they want them open, they are asking school [sic] to do very impractical things. I will be meeting with them!!!”

July 18 U.S. death toll passes 140,000
July 19 “I think we have one of the lowest mortality rates in the world”
July 19 “Many of those cases are young people that would heal in a day”
“They have the sniffles, and we put it down as a test”
July 21"You will never hear this on the Fake News concerning the China Virus, but by comparison to most other countries, who are suffering greatly, we are doing very well - and we have done things that few other countries could have done!”
July 27"America will develop a vaccine very soon, and we will defeat the virus. We will have it delivered in record time."
July 28 U.S. death toll passes 150,000
July 28 "He's got this high approval rating. So why don't I have a high approval rating with respect -- and the administration -- with respect to the virus?" (Trump referring to Anthony Fauci)

August 3 "I think we are doing very well and I think ... as well as any nation,"

August 3"They are dying. That's true. And you — it is what it is.”

August 3 “Right now I think it’s under control.”
August 3 “You know, there are those that say you can test too much, you do know that.”
August 4"...we have among the lowest numbers." - White House Press Briefing
August 5 “If you look at children, children are almost - and I would almost say definitely - but almost immune from this disease.”
August 5“It will go away like things go away”
August 6 U.S. death toll passes 160,000
August 12 U.S. reports highest number of COVID-19 deaths in one day since mid-May
August 16 U.S. death toll passes 170,000
August 22 “Many doctors and studies disagree with this!” (Donald Trump in a quote tweet of a Twitter moment stating that the FDA is revoking hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for COVID-19 treatment, as they are “unlikely to be effective”)
August 26 U.S. death toll passes 180,000
August 31"We've done a great job in Covid but we don't get the credit."
August 31 Six million Americans have now been infected by the coronavirus.
September 4 There will be a vaccine “before the end of the year and maybe even before Nov. 1. I think we can probably have it sometime in October.”
September 9 U.S. death toll passes 190,000
September 10 “I really do believe that we are rounding the corner. The vaccines are right there”
September 10“We've possibly done the best job”
September 10 “We have rounded the final turn”
September 10 “I think that we've probably done the best job of any country”
September 14 Trump, was asked if he is afraid of Coronavirus risk at his rallies: “I’m on a stage, it’s very far away, so I’m not at all concerned.”
September 16“If you take the blue states out, we’re at a level I don’t think anybody in the world would be at.”
September 16 Reporter: “[The head of the CDC] said that the vaccine for the general public wouldn’t be available until next Summer or maybe even early fall. Are you comfortable with that timeline?” Trump: “I think he made a mistake when he said that. That’s just incorrect information.”
September 19 U.S. death toll passes 200,000
September 21 “Take your hat off to the young because they have a hell of an immune system. But [the virus] affects virtually nobody. It’s an amazing thing. By the way, open your schools everybody, open your schools.”
September 21 "We're rounding the corner," "With or without a vaccine. They hate when I say that but that's the way it is. ... We've done a phenomenal job. Not just a good job, a phenomenal job. Other than public relations, but that's because I have fake news. On public relations, I give myself a D. On the job itself, we take an A+."
September 23 "I think we’re rounding the turn very much."
September 28 "And I say, and I’ll say it all the time: We’re rounding the corner. And, very importantly, vaccines are coming, but we’re rounding the corner regardless. But vaccines are coming, and they’re coming fast. "
September 29"Well, so far we have had no problem whatsoever. " (referring to crowds of thousands at rallies)
"I don’t wear a mask like him. Every time you see him, he’s got a mask. He could be speaking 200 feet away from him and he shows up with the biggest mask I’ve ever seen."
October 2 Trump and First Lady test positive for Coronavirus
October 5U.S. death toll passes 210,000
October 5 “Don’t be afraid of Covid.”
 
Trying to get back on topic: Giuliani's last test came back negative so despite the fact he has symptoms, despite the fact testing proved totally inadequate to prevent the superspreader event(s), despite the experts say even the nasal test can have false negatives, and despite the fact Giuliani is still well within the recommended quarantine period, he ran off to a maskless face to face fund raiser last night.
Thanks for the reminder.
 
1. We have so many cases because there were many flights that came into New York from China before the travel restrictions were in place. If you recall China banned flights within their own Country yet were happy to send folks to the US.

Oh, so it didn't work? Trumps actions were ineffective? Well you are right, but that's not the reason for the present situation. The present situation is because insufficient measures were taken to keep it from spreading, once it was inside your borders.

2. President Trump has done well in an unprecedented situation. But he was called "xenophobe" by Democrats and ridiculed early on for his decision to protect the US with travel restrictions. The President is not to blame for the failures of individual state Governors. After all it was not President Trump who placed Covid patients in nursing homes in New York and other states.

Please mention the measures Trump promoted, which were not followed by governors.

Do you feel Biden would have done a better job? If so how?

I have no idea. Is it an excuse for Trump that someone might have done a worse job?

Hans
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom